Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official StepMania Help, Bug, Error, Fix, News thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[DMB]dman.exe
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's make a bump as there as some new threads coming up for some help E13.gif
Post your questions here!

What do I mean by a lot?

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85438
http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=84322
http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=73270
http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85318
http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85484

More?

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=84729
http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=84534
http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=84932

All those are just on the first page of the DDR Simulator thread...hmm... laugh.gif

So don't be shy, post the questions here E13.gif
View users profile Send private message
Fulle
Basic Member
Basic Member

41. PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know how to save a picture of a stepmania score? without any actual cameras...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Mark of the DMast
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fulle wrote:
does anyone know how to save a picture of a stepmania score? without any actual cameras...

On the keyboard is a button labeled something like prt scr ( next to F12)
if you push this and then go into a draw type program you can paste it and save.

I would like to say that if this dosent work I really know very little about computers and I heard this from a friend.
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you push the Prntscrn button it automatically saves a screenshot in the "Screenshot" folder in the main StepMania folder.

No need to open Paint/Photoshop.
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, yeah...that would be me who told DMast to paste into paint...so he could resize it. but yeah, it will just save as a bmp if you hit print screen
View users profile Send private message
[DMB]dman.exe
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been seeing a lot of USB issues lately, here's an easy solution to it:

Typically, people get a USB adapter, there's 10 or 20 bucks, most likely their first one, then see how it doesn't map to axis and give up. Well, to save that grief, only buy the USB adapters that are on this list that say they work, get the drivers, then come back and say it doesnt work. If it still doesn't, explain what's wrong, but don't come up and say "My Radioshack adapter can't do jumps."

Little note of help: Get the first one at the top of that list or the SmartJoy PLUS they both work for all 1st and 3rd party pads including the CF, Offical, MyMyCrap, etc.
Raligard
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbiej wrote:
for some reason i dont have a title screen on my stepmania (3.9alpha10)

what happens is it opens up to a white screen with the stepmania logo saying press enter
then it goes to that red title screen where normally there'd be a bunch of options but it just says "no charge to join" and all i can do is press enter

where'd my options go!?!?!!?!?
all i can do is go right into pick how many plaers, then pick music
i need options so i can add announcers and do all that stuff

help

Just press the Scroll Lock key on your keyboard, go to Coin Options, and set it back to HOME instead of Pay or Free Play
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, I have a Profile Problem, please help me out.

I have the exact same version (3.9 Alpha 15) on two seperate computers. On each one I set up a Raligard profile so that I can save scores and settings. On this computer (My working machine) the profile loads fine for both Player 1 and 2. But on my DDR MAME machine with my dancepads hooked up to it the profile only works for player 2, not player 1. I even tried creating a different profile and it would not work either.

If anytone has had this issue and resolved it or knows how to remedy it please lend me a hand, I'd appreciate it greatly. Thanks E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to load the para para or ez dancer mods on stepmania. any suggestions. I have installed them and when i choose them on the menu screen I crash

with ez dancer it lets me get to the song selection before crashing
with para it crashes as soon as i start the game.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Mark of the DMast
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name of my profile keeps on getting deleted. Its not that hard to fix its just really anoying. Is there something I could do to prevent this from happening?

Oh and btw I have Stepmania 3.9 alpha 7
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I NEED HELP!!!!!! first thing it says StepMania Error... it says that i have songs in an outside group. What should i do
Mark of the DMast
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLegendofSakura wrote:
OK I NEED HELP!!!!!! first thing it says StepMania Error... it says that i have songs in an outside group. What should i do

The first thing to check (and the most obvious) is to check in your songs folder. In this folder you should have group folders, such as Dance Dance Revolution 4th mix. In this folder you may have a banner and should have a folder for the different songs, for example b4u. In this folder is where you put all the files related to the song, ex. .sm .dwi .bms files a banner a background image videos and the song files.
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: problem with visual Reply with quote

It seems there are alotta technical problems in this thread, but just by the off chance that someone can help me, im gonna just ask. Ok, when im using sm, the screen seems almost "smeared" on hte right side. THEN whenever i select a song and start playing, the screen flashes. JUST the arrows flash tho, both the arrows at the top and the scrolling arrows. i have no idea what the problem is...
Frozen V (for Extreme)
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if i want to get more songs and backgrounds and stuff i need to download the songs...i can't download them...i download it and it says cannot find address plzz make sure address is correct. then another window pops up.
[DMB]dman.exe
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: problem with visual Reply with quote

FTrain108 wrote:
It seems there are alotta technical problems in this thread, but just by the off chance that someone can help me, im gonna just ask. Ok, when im using sm, the screen seems almost "smeared" on hte right side. THEN whenever i select a song and start playing, the screen flashes. JUST the arrows flash tho, both the arrows at the top and the scrolling arrows. i have no idea what the problem is...
'

Sounds like vsync or something isn't on.
FTrain108
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: problem with visual Reply with quote

D-Man 95747 wrote:
FTrain108 wrote:
'

Sounds like vsync or something isn't on.

no, vsync is on... idk what it could be
Roseanne Connor
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I have a question about SM. I'm using the party collection skin from www.savageddr.com and when I boot up stepmania I can go through all the screens but when i choose the music folder I want to use (i.e. All music, DDR Extrme, Max2, BMR Edits etc) The game crashes and I get this eroor message: MusicWheel::MenuNames and MusicWheel::MenuActions must have the same number of components.
I was wondering if anyone knew what was wrong or how i could fix this? I'm using Stepmania CVS 3.9 Alpha 7 and this problem does not occur when using the default skin. Thanks in Advance.

and my statics class never got to chaucer
View users profile Send private message Send email
Shinya Jinnai
Basic Member
Basic Member

57. PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone. Recently I tried putting on the announcer and a DDRExtreme theme on Stepmania. I do what it says about installing the packages but when I launch the program everything is the same. Can anyone help me out? By the way, right now I'm using alpha 17.
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To change which announcer/theme you are using, go into the "Appearance Options" menu and you'll see settings for announcer and theme. BTW, unless you found a different Extreme theme than the one at Savage DDR, it won't work with the latest versions.
Basic Member
Basic Member

59. PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should have looked around a little bit more on trying to get the theme and announcers to work. Thanks though.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 3 of 42

Jump to: