Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Red Octane Ignition 2.0 preservation/doubles questions

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weazl
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Red Octane Ignition 2.0 preservation/doubles questions Reply with quote

E19.gif
I'm looking for some help with my Red Octane Ignition 2.0 mat. I've read some things in the 40 some pages of the soft pad post, but haven't seen just what I'm looking for:

1. There is some mention of these pads tearing, and someone made mention of putting electrical tape on the bottom of the arrows. Does anyone have a more obvious explination of this (or a picture) or any other way to preserve it. I've had iy < 1 month and I play on normal to heavy and I wear grippy socks (not shoes), but I wouldn't be surprised if a tear appeared in the future. I'm assuming the cover they sell is meant for the flimsy soft mat.

2. I was thinking about getting a second ignition 2.0 pad for playing double (single player, 2 mats) Is there a good way to fasten the 2 without making it permanent. Has anyone tried sewing something on the edges (loops to run a connecting rod through or otherwise) or any kind of velcro type solution for this? I'd prefer not to have a big sheet of plywood involved.

Any help (advice, links, pictures, or otherwise) would be appreciated. Thanks.

DDR Rocks.
E15.gif
View users profile Send private message
Rychan
Contributor
Contributor

1. PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found with ignitions, you aren't neccissarily going to get tears on the outside of the pad but on the inside where the foam is. A friend of mine took his inserts to Home Depot and had them cut out a wood board to put inside the pad which will eliminate the internal tearing.

I've had my Ignition since August of this last year and I still have yet to see any form of tearing, inside or out. I traded him a spare pad (Kommax sent me 2 instead of 1, then went out of business) that I had for the wood insert.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: