Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

FAQ about Arcade DDR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Travelsonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

420. PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am president of my college's DDR club, and we hope on eventually raising enough money to buy a DDR machine for our own student center.

I recently bought an upgrade kit, for my own purposes of experimenting w/ a 573 unit, that is tested as working. I figured it would be bootlegged anyways since it matches this discription:

From the choosing a DDR Machine" FAQ:

[quote]Bootlegs are just that, come with a bootleg security pass chip designed to fool the current card into thinking the upgrade is legit, a diagram on how to replace said chip, a burned copy of the game CD and sometimes a thin plastic marquee.
[quote]

The kit came with a burned copy of MAX2, instructions, and a chip (no marquee, thought it was noted that it was sometimes added on), and wonder how I can tell if this chip is indeed a lockout chip like above? If it is indeed a lockout chip, what will this mean in regards to being able to up/downgrade?
Poochy
Trick Member
Trick Member

421. PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way to clear just the Player's Best on a SuperNOVA machine, without clearing the scores?
View users profile Send private message
Yeehaw McKickass
Contributor
Contributor

422. PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not having seen the innards or operators menu of supernova, I'm going to have to GUESS no. Most games generally don't have a "clear x" option. They usually have a "Clear all" option.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

423. PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poochy wrote:
Is there any way to clear just the Player's Best on a SuperNOVA machine, without clearing the scores?

It appears not to be possible. The only option I see is to clear all "Ranked" data, which would be high scores and presumably the Player's Best List too?

On Extreme it was under Game Options, just delete the "Player's Tendency" option, which was separate from high scores. Never really needed to clear the list on SN yet, but it appears its not an option that I can find. Sorry.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
goatee_guy
Trick Member
Trick Member

424. PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread is getting pretty old at this point from the last time someone replied...

However, I've been searching for this info, and I can't find it... (As well, ITGFreak's forum search function isn't working either.)

What is the exact thickness of DDR arrow panels, as well as ITG arrow panels?

Thanks
Yeehaw McKickass
Contributor
Contributor

425. PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the various panels for the major games are about the same thickness. Andamiro's parts website says each panel is 1cm thick, my machine's stored right now so I can't just go out and confirm like I'd like to, but 1cm seems about dead on.

In case you're wondering, you can use a PIU center panel in a DDR/ITG machine and DDR/ITG arrows for a PIU center panel. They're the same size.
Trick Member
Trick Member

426. PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Yeehaw,

(*snickers*, I feel like I'm on a ranch webboard or something...)

That's interesting with the Pump it up pads... although, I don't think I want to use a pump center piece for all 4 of my arrows E13.gif

I dunno, honestly... I've taken a DDR pad apart, several times... I worked at Playdium for 3 years... I seen that thing all the time. however, 1cm, just seemed kinda 'thin' for something that is being stomped and jumped on...

I'm "renovating" my old pad, and making it "arcade like"... so just working on finding things that will work for it...

I found a place where I am, that will make them for 25 bucks each, and that way I can customize the arrows how I want.

It's 3/8 inch (JUST under 1cm) thick Lexan with Marguard. However, what I would need is the exact dimensions of one. (how big is the actual triangle cut outs...)
Chi_Ryu
Trick Member
Trick Member

427. PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've measured an old set of used DDR plexis, and they are precisely 1cm deep. Sorry, CBA to measure the other dimensions of the pad E10.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: