Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

FAQ about Arcade DDR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dai101
Trick Member
Trick Member

360. PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeehaw McKickass wrote:
They all look like they'd work, but the prices are astronomical on them.

Try tigerdirect or newegg before going with there.

OH! i fortgot to tell you, the prices are listed in MX or Mexican Pesos that'll be roughly 14-15 USD on the price of some of them.
Well, today in the afternoon when i go to my local arcade i'll talk with the service guy about changing the CD-ROM.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Yeehaw McKickass
Contributor
Contributor

361. PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OHHHH, ok. I should have looked at your location when I checked the link. 14/15 dollars sounds right for a 52x cdrom.
Trick Member
Trick Member

362. PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, have the CD-ROM thingy, now .......... is just a open>unhook>hook>close>test>play>profit process? Anything else?
Thanks for the info E13.gif
Yeehaw McKickass
Contributor
Contributor

363. PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, just put it in, try it out, if it works you're in the proverbial money.
Trick Member
Trick Member

364. PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K', thanks.
In the rest of the week i'll see if i can go to the arcade and talk with the service guy, if not, until the saturday.

Thanks again.
ghosx
Trick Member
Trick Member

365. PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like ZOMG the maintanence guys totally messed up our machine:

-They screwed up the left pad arrows by putting magnets between the pads to keep them together(YEAH LIKE ZOMG) and now they are got broked to the maxX

- They "ACCIDENTALLY" ripped out the cables from the pad that go into machine. but fixed that myself and got in big doo doo

They are only fixing the machine every sunday now... should I show them a guide to cleaning the pads and fixing them? or any pointers how to do it myself?
Dai101
Trick Member
Trick Member

366. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, and with more cuestions than ever riiight.gif

First, a DDR Solo cabinet can be used or converted for use 2 pad's? how and etc.

Second, yesterday i go to another arcade local (well, in fact they are from the same company of the one i go regular) and after talk with the service guy he said me they got some cabinets in a warehouse and one of them is a DDR cabinet with everything but no game, and tell him if could sell it to me but he said he have to ask first and how much, now, how much is rigth to pay for a cabinet in this state?

Thanks and see you later.
dj_sammylvr03
Trick Member
Trick Member

367. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dai101 wrote:
Second, yesterday i go to another arcade local (well, in fact they are from the same company of the one i go regular) and after talk with the service guy he said me they got some cabinets in a warehouse and one of them is a DDR cabinet with everything but no game, and tell him if could sell it to me but he said he have to ask first and how much, now, how much is rigth to pay for a cabinet in this state?

I'd say around $2,000, depending on what mix it is (hardware). If you plan on making an Extreme, you need to mak sure it isn't anything lower than a 4th mix.
Trick Member
Trick Member

368. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dj_sammylvr03 wrote:
I'd say around $2,000, depending on what mix it is (hardware). If you plan on making an Extreme, you need to mak sure it isn't anything lower than a 4th mix.

Hmmm..... doesn't have hardware, is just the cabinet with pads and everything else.
dj_sammylvr03
Trick Member
Trick Member

369. PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay then. I'd say anywhere between 1500 or less. The hardware shouldn't cost much (logic board, CD-ROM, game, etc.)
Contributor
Contributor

370. PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could give you an idea...

eBay Link

That was a complete DDR system unit (minus CD, but that's probably the easiest part to get) that sold on eBay recently for $150. Assuming it worked (which the auction was unclear about), that was a very cheap price. I typically see those go for more like $300+...which is still pretty reasonable.

System units that have been separated from their machines don't come up on eBay too terribly often. I'd estimate roughly once every 2-3 months. Afterall, wouldn't you want to keep yours in your cabinet? Neither piece does you much good by itself. Although, now that SuperNOVA upgrades are available, the older system units might become more plentiful as they come out of machines that get upgraded.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Dai101
Trick Member
Trick Member

371. PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho-Man wrote:
This could give you an idea...

eBay Link

That was a complete DDR system unit (minus CD, but that's probably the easiest part to get) that sold on eBay recently for $150. Assuming it worked (which the auction was unclear about), that was a very cheap price. I typically see those go for more like $300+...which is still pretty reasonable.

System units that have been separated from their machines don't come up on eBay too terribly often. I'd estimate roughly once every 2-3 months. Afterall, wouldn't you want to keep yours in your cabinet? Neither piece does you much good by itself. Although, now that SuperNOVA upgrades are available, the older system units might become more plentiful as they come out of machines that get upgraded.

First, again the cabinet that i want to buy has not game at all, is just te cabinet and pads just no PCB board inside (game, cpu, or how you like to call it) is from an arcade here in Mexico that has it in his warehouse since they already have one in each local and since piu is more profitable here they aren't interested in fix it to put it to work, that's what i want to capitalize to get it cheaper and put it a mix that i like (i'm a sucker for the 5th mix since i have only played in a ps1), or even a Stepmania CPU riiight.gif

I hope that since SN upgrade kits are available the other mixes appear more regularly, that one from Ebay is really cheap.
I_Love_DDR
Trick Member
Trick Member

372. PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I would deffiantly buy that cabinet if I was you. I don't know how much I'd pay though. Man I wish I could get lucky and discover a machine empty or not in my area. I would buy it. But I was going to purchase an empty cabinet off of Channelbeat.com then install my old PS2 in it. They don't come with a monitor or pad though. I planned on getting the cabinet, buying a metal dance pad, and a monitor.

Cabinet-$380
Dance Pad-300-400 (Cobalt Flux/Mymybox)
Monitor-?Maybe around 200?
Total
A Little less than a thousand dollars.

That would be cheaper than getting a regular machine I guess, although it'd be much easier to get lucky and find a machine near me and pay a thousand.

Somebody on here bought a solo cabinet and modded it so it has a ps2 and it runs stepmania. And it also uses the orignal solo pad. I dont know how its possible but it looks awesome. That guy can have any song he wants.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
SKTZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

373. PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question about the time unocks for DDRMAX2.

I recently hit the thirtieth unlock (with MaxX and Kakumei) and the machine doesn't seem to be going any further than that... the point counter has remained at 0 for the last month or so, yet all the faq's and guides I've read seem to say that there is still one more unlock to go that will give me Demon Road 2.

Can I not get the final unlock by normal gameplay, or is there a certain minimum I have to reach in scores, or do I really have to just harass the theatre managers (who don't have keys) to put the codes?
gzy
Basic Member
Basic Member

374. PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKTZ wrote:
A question about the time unocks for DDRMAX2.

I recently hit the thirtieth unlock (with MaxX and Kakumei) and the machine doesn't seem to be going any further than that... the point counter has remained at 0 for the last month or so, yet all the faq's and guides I've read seem to say that there is still one more unlock to go that will give me Demon Road 2.

Can I not get the final unlock by normal gameplay, or is there a certain minimum I have to reach in scores, or do I really have to just harass the theatre managers (who don't have keys) to put the codes?

I thought I heard sometime ago that some versions of MAX2 will not allow a gameplay unlock of item 31 (Demon Road 2) and that you must use the unlock code to get it. I guess that may be the issue here.

Now, I have a question about the security bypass chips or modboards used for playing some of the older bootleg mixes. I bought a DDRMAX CD and IC chip some time ago, and I was hoping to use the chip to downgrade my Extreme machine to an older mix like 4th or 5th. Unfortunately, whenever I use this chip instead of my Extreme one, it gives me a BAD CDR on bootup everytime. I made sure to check all of the connections, and it happens regardless of what CD I have in the drive (Extreme, MAX, 4th mix plus, etc). I guess I'm stuck with Extreme for now. Has anyone had this happen to them before or know anything about it? Thanks.
View users profile Send private message
MasterInuYasha
Trick Member
Trick Member

375. PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for HIGH quality photos of what the inside of the panel looks like (were the sensors lights, and etc are)

Our arcade sucks, I talked with the service guy, he said he's replaced all the sensors, cleaned them out, put cards up under them, and etc, yet even with almost all my weight on the sensor, it won't hold a freeze, and it's almost impossible to get a perfect.. the damn sensors aren't sensitive at all
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yeehaw McKickass
Contributor
Contributor

376. PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterInuYasha wrote:
I'm looking for HIGH quality photos of what the inside of the panel looks like (were the sensors lights, and etc are)

Our arcade sucks, I talked with the service guy, he said he's replaced all the sensors, cleaned them out, put cards up under them, and etc, yet even with almost all my weight on the sensor, it won't hold a freeze, and it's almost impossible to get a perfect.. the damn sensors aren't sensitive at all

I can get you high res photos of the insides of a PIU GX cabinet. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but all the concetps are interchangable.

your problem could just be that the sensors are totally dead or you could have one of those machines that just hates freezes.
Trick Member
Trick Member

377. PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeehaw McKickass wrote:
MasterInuYasha wrote:

I can get you high res photos of the insides of a PIU GX cabinet. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but all the concetps are interchangable.

your problem could just be that the sensors are totally dead or you could have one of those machines that just hates freezes.

Cool, As long as it's the same...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ho-Man
Contributor
Contributor

378. PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow me to direct you to the guide on stage maintenance I wrote quite sometime ago. It includes just the pictures I think you're looking for. Also, you can click on them to get bigger versions.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
MasterInuYasha
Trick Member
Trick Member

379. PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho-Man wrote:
Allow me to direct you to the guide on stage maintenance I wrote quite sometime ago. It includes just the pictures I think you're looking for. Also, you can click on them to get bigger versions.

Do you have higher resolutions then that???
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22

Jump to: