Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Contributor FAQ - How to become a Contributor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L.
Trick Member
Trick Member

140. PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's my 2nd submit going?
Trick Member
Trick Member

141. PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing a VERY indepth FAQ about the bar. I realize that "The bar" tends to be a controversial and iffy subject to talk and write about (practically a taboo, if you will), but i'm wondering if you guys would like it or not?

For the past week i've been working on the rough draft and i'm still giving it touch ups. I still need to get pictures of demonstration from my arcade and for reference... then i'm going to focus on my final draft...

If you guys would just be able to give me the "thumbs up"/"all signs point to go" that would be great. Otherwise i don't wanna make something that will inevitably be turned down.

Thanks! nerd.gif

*Formerly known as That DDR guy at Gr. Lakes*
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Spike
Administrator
Administrator

142. PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh...what exactly would you write about the bar?

For example, if you wrote

Quote:
I realize that "The bar" tends to be a controversial and iffy subject to talk and write about (practically a taboo, if you will)

anywhere in your FAQ, I'd disregard that entire sentence. The bar being "controversial" is the only thing that could be considered a "fact." But it doesn't tell me ANYTHING about the bar. Are you going to talk about how to use it? Wouldn't it just contain "you hold on to it?"

I don't exactly see how an FAQ on the bar would be useful. It wouldn't contain that much helpful information. You say it's going to be "very indepth" but I don't understand how it could be.

For example, I received an "FAQ" on the Game Boy games. It contained minimal amounts of information. "This is the first of 5 mixes. The songs are in monotone. It came with a finger pad."

There were FIVE sentences in this particular "FAQ." All of it was obvious information that would only help someone who had never seen/heard about it before. Anyone who had seen the game could figure out pretty much everything that was in the FAQ.

So you have to ask yourself: is what you're hoping to write about going to have a lot of PERTINENT, USEFUL information?
Trick Member
Trick Member

143. PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[RTFAQ] SPIEK wrote:
So you have to ask yourself: is what you're hoping to write about going to have a lot of PERTINENT, USEFUL information?

Optimistically, realistically and logically speaking... yes. I tend to think that everything has a purpose and has depth explinations to them. There is more to a bar than just "you hold on to it".

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Spike
Administrator
Administrator

144. PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ES] XuXa wrote:
[RTFAQ] SPIEK wrote:

Optimistically, realistically and logically speaking... yes. I tend to think that everything has a purpose and has depth explinations to them. There is more to a bar than just "you hold on to it".

Care to give an example or two?
Trick Member
Trick Member

145. PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[RTFAQ] SPIEK wrote:
[ES] XuXa wrote:
[RTFAQ] SPIEK wrote:

Care to give an example or two?

Yes I'll give you "an example or two" when i'm done finishing my final draft with the pics included, then you can read all you want nerd.gif

Da-Risin-Smoke
Trick Member
Trick Member

146. PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, i submitted a document to spiek about "DDR Habits" and it seems it wasn't good enough for the FAQ section.

I wish i could write a fact about the game Amplitude, since there is no FAQ about, and i played it enough to know about it.

Is that possible?

- Da-RiSiN-sMoKe

Last edited by Da-Risin-Smoke on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Spike
Administrator
Administrator

147. PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da-RiSiN-sMoKe wrote:
Hmm, i submitted a document to spiek about "DDR Habits" and it seems it wasn't good enough for the FAQ section.

I wish i could write a fact about the game Amplitude, since there is no FAQ about, and i played it enough to know about it.

Is that possible?

- Da-RiSiN-sMoKe

Uh...no. Amplitude has a tangential relation to the website. We'd much rather prefer something DDR related first, and then after that we MAY consider an Amplitude FAQ.
Trick Member
Trick Member

148. PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to make a FAQ explaining the different moves in DDR (crossovers, spins, ETC). I already made a draft on it and was wondering if it's ok to make a FAQ explaining the moves to continue to finishing the FAQ. Thanks.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
L.
Trick Member
Trick Member

149. PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Status on mine: Laddering Techniques to Success?
Staff Member
Staff Member

150. PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N'cha ~For Extreme~ wrote:
You should have been contacted by Rychan, since that's who you originally submitted it to.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Rychan
Contributor
Contributor

151. PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
N'cha ~For Extreme~ wrote:
You should have been contacted by Rychan, since that's who you originally submitted it to.
:o Oops E12.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

152. PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am working on a how to choose your song FAQ. i sent a pm to phrekwenci and spiek and still havent recieved word. Sorry for the impatience i would just like to know.. thanks anyways. Also, is the usergroup still ope, because the thing says no more users accepted.
Spike
Administrator
Administrator

153. PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParanoiaFantasy wrote:
i am working on a how to choose your song FAQ. i sent a pm to phrekwenci and spiek and still havent recieved word. Sorry for the impatience i would just like to know.. thanks anyways. Also, is the usergroup still ope, because the thing says no more users accepted.

The PM you sent me is dated November 3rd. The above post is dated November 4th.

Be patient. We have to post it in the contributor forum and then vote on it. It will take a minimum of 7 days.
Trick Member
Trick Member

154. PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay sorry but is the user group open? it says closed. Sorry for the impatience, I won't bring it up until you review and respond.
Spike
Administrator
Administrator

155. PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParanoiaFantasy wrote:
okay sorry but is the user group open? it says closed. Sorry for the impatience, I won't bring it up until you review and respond.

It only says closed because if it was open then anyone could join without contributing. Because it's closed you have to be added manually after your submission gets accepted.
Trick Member
Trick Member

156. PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhh I get it. Thanks a lot! I really hope you like my FAQ/Guide
ParanoiaFantasy
Trick Member
Trick Member

157. PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how the review going, I'm so anxious for an answer!
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

158. PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should send a PM to the person you sent it to for updates.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
ParanoiaFantasy
Trick Member
Trick Member

159. PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, ive waited long enough. Two whole weeks and i havent recieved any updates or anything. Spiek didn't even answer my PM's!! I would like to know how the voteing is going and whether im accepted or not. IT's about time I heard how im doing as a contributor. someone please answer this that will get me results!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: