Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DWI+ challenge step only files= confusion

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ph(F)at Mat
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: DWI+ challenge step only files= confusion Reply with quote

as you can tell, im having some slight trouble trying to figure out how to get songs like ecstacy (midnight blue mix) to work in dwi. i know there is some way to fix it, but i guess im just an idiot and cant figure it out. if someone could help, id appreciate it.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
onoessnaked
Staff Member
Staff Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open the .dwi file in notepad. You'll see a tag that reads something like;

#SINGLE:SMANIAC:X:

where the X is a number.

Change the SMANIAC into MANIAC and save it. When you go to play it, the challenge steps will now be in the place of maniac steps.

Well, it explains the disappearance
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ph(F)at Mat
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok. thanks, i dont know why but i was thinking that there was some way to make all of them show without doing that so you wouldnt have to change all of your crs. files, but i guess i was wrong.

thanks a bunch
Cyan Garamonde (Nosaj)
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Crouching before a river of poison, staring at the blood on my hands, vowing to have revenge...
3. PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lumina Chrono wrote:
ok. thanks, i dont know why but i was thinking that there was some way to make all of them show without doing that so you wouldnt have to change all of your crs. files, but i guess i was wrong.

You're not wrong. What Phi suggested works, but that messes up the .crs files and makes them look odd.

Run DWI like this: C:\DWI\DWI2.exe /showsm
The /showsm option forces DWI to make available in normal mode songs that are SMANIAC only, i.e. all the oni remixes.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know im gonna sound retarded by saying this, but where do i type that into. i know im an idiot, but for some reason i cant figure it out.

sorry bout this
shad0w
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

open up notepad and type this:

DWI2.exe /showsm

and save it as dwi2.bat

now put that dwi2.bat file inside the same directory as DWI.

Then just run dwi2.bat :-D
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: