Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dancing Monkeys: Automatically Generate step files for DDR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21, 22, 23  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drummerchick
Basic Member
Basic Member

280. PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: invalid fib Reply with quote

What does error: invalid fib mean?? It seems to go through the process then at the end says this and exits. Can anyone help me?
View users profile Send private message
systempunk
Basic Member
Basic Member

281. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: my songs keep skipping Reply with quote

E19.gif E19.gif E19.gif when i play a song in stepmania after having imported it from dancing monkeys, it keeps on skipping and dosent play every frame. a 3 min. song lasts 6 seconds before failing me. frown.gif frown.gif frown.gif frown.gif frust.gif goog.gif

can someone help? E2.gif E2.gif E2.gif E2.gif E2.gif

w00t
w00t
w00t
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
UnrealChief091
Basic Member
Basic Member

282. PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Another way to run Dancing Monkeys Reply with quote

This worked for me, I don't know about yours
For XP Users.....
This wont require u to run Command Prompt

1. go to start>run

2.type in "C:\Dancing Monkeys 1.01\Dancing Monkeys\bin\win32/(If you have the patch for DM type DMPatch.exe or if it's the orignal file type in DancingMonkeys.exe)" (This is if you put the whole folder in the root drive, ex. C:\)

3. Still in the the run prompt, also type in "C:\Documents and Settings\(Type in user name, if yours is Owner, type Owner)\Desktop\(Type in music file and extension, ex. Track01. Mp3)

4. Type in the 3 foot #s (Difficulty). Ex, 3 5 7 (This is optional)

5. When done it should look like "C:\Dancing Monkeys 1.01\Dancing Monkeys\bin\win32/DMPatch.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Track03.Mp3" 3 5 7

5. Run program (don't do anything else or else wait for hmmm... 1 hour and 30 mins) (And yes, it will open CMD, dont worry, it's the program)

6. Wait for at least 20 mins.....

7. When done with program, go to Start>My Computer>(The C Drive)>Dancing Monkeys 1.01>Dancing Monkeys>Output>Double-Click on song that u did

8. Now there should be 3 files, if done correctly, drag and drop the steps (DWI or SM) and the song and to the DWI or SM Directory

9. Run DWI or SM and then song and steps should be there.

10. Thats All!!!!!

If there is any problems doing this, e-mail me at UnrealChief091@gmail.com
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Kyte Midnight
Basic Member
Basic Member

283. PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried downloading the patch to have it make longer songs, but it says I'm missing libmmfile.dll. I don't have a clue as to what this is, and I don't know how to get it. Can anyone help me?
MeiK
Basic Member
Basic Member

284. PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will not work period for me...
Everytime I open a Command Promt window this comes up:

And when I'm done putting everything in exactly it looks like this:

I don't know what to do and it's pissing me off... Alot....
UnrealChief091
Basic Member
Basic Member

285. PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Meik, just go to the start menu and then run and then copy and paste this in...

"C:\Dancing Monkeys 1.01\Dancing Monkeys\bin\win32/DancingMonkeys.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\Matt Zarecky\Desktop\Master Folder\Mazonz\U-ka Saegusa IN db\I shall be released.Mp3" 4 7 10
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
UnrealChief091
Basic Member
Basic Member

286. PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyte Midnight, you probably just launched it from the desktop, dont do that.

Put the patch in the win32 folder in the Dancing Monkeys main folder. Then start the program from there.

If you still get the same error message, e-mail me at UnrealChief091@gmail.com and i will give the file to u.
Assassin Ace
Trick Member
Trick Member

287. PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"ERROR: Unable to confidently find BPM."

So...?

Simfiles: http://www.bemanistyle.com/sims/author.php?id=132056

DDR | ITG
Blog

The former Revenge of the Nemmy.
drummerchick
Basic Member
Basic Member

288. PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: pauses?? Reply with quote

E19.gif Step Monkey seems to sucessfully create steps for most of my songs, but many of them have a pause or several pauses in them and I was wondering if that is normal. Like when the song is still playing the arrows will pause for a second or two on the screen and then resume again. Is it something the program purposely does to time the song or is this a glitch or something?? I find it really hard to play the songs that keep doing this becuase it throws my timing off.
DJFIVE
Basic Member
Basic Member

289. PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the program working and it does what I need. Except that DM makes the song file HUGE when it redoes it. A 2mb song will turn into a 10mb song and when I renecode the song to something smaller and replace the the big file, I open it up in stepmania, and it tells me the song is missing. How do I fix this. Also, is there anyway to increase the arrow limit on the songs? Right now, DM only creates arrows up to 1 min 45 seconds or so then it cuts off. Someone on page 8 talked about increasing it with a hex editor, but when I opened DM in my hex editor, I couldnt find that string of numbers he put in his post. Thanks in advance.
agent709 (orange)
Trick Member
Trick Member

290. PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnrealChief091 wrote:
Hey Meik, just go to the start menu and then run and then copy and paste this in...

"C:\Dancing Monkeys 1.01\Dancing Monkeys\bin\win32/DancingMonkeys.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\Matt Zarecky\Desktop\Master Folder\Mazonz\U-ka Saegusa IN db\I shall be released.Mp3" 4 7 10

Maybe it's because the limit is 9? That's what it says on the page I got it from. Difficulty of 1 to 9.
Trick Member
Trick Member

291. PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[removed by me, updated below]

Last edited by darkchao56 on Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
darkchao56
Trick Member
Trick Member

292. PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lo, command prompt (winXP) isn't as compadable as running dos E10.gif

If this helps -

(go to start<programs<Accessories right click, and select open on the accessories folder. A new window should pop up, now, right click on command prompt, and you should see a box that says "start in"

This is the default directory that command prompt looks in. I HAVE been able to do this as a work around with my programs.

Set the "Start In" Directory to the Dancing Monkeys Folder. Move the mp3 into the same folder as DM, and try running it now biggrin.gif
Basic Member
Basic Member

293. PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Script .... Reply with quote

I wrote a little batch file to make the process easier.
You only have to write the folder of DancingMonkeys and the one where you have your MP3s.
It will take ALL MP3 in the folder, make the steps with DancingMonkeys, and converting back to MP3.

If you want it, I can put the code here (about 50 lines) or posting it in another place....just let me know.

Nick
nerd.gif
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

294. PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post it here.... since Dancing Monkeys takes about an hour to decide whether or not it's even going to attempt to generate steps for a song, it'd be good to at least let it go through eight of them while I sleep.

(Yes, old PC.)
nicgravel
Basic Member
Basic Member

295. PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, this is the script, tested on windows XP Pro with Dancing Monkeys 1.01
You only have to change tree lines to reflect you settings. Files will be create in the OUTPUT folder of DancingMonkeys
Posted for test. Don't ask more that what it do.

Code:

@ECHO OFF

Color 0C

::
:: Made for DancingMonkeys 1.01 ( http://www.monket.net/wiki/dancing-monkeys )
:: By Nicolas Gravel : nicgravel@gmail.com
:: You need to change the next lines to make it working
:: No cotes " ", no \ at the end
:: STEPS must have a space beetween each number.
:: THESONGPATH = The path where your MP3 are. No recursive search
:: MONKEYSPATH = PATH to the DancingMonkeys.exe file.
::=====================================================================
::=====================================================================

set THESONGPATH=D:\Upload\Muzz\_Keep\Alanis Morissette-Jagged Little Pill

set MONKEYSPATH=D:\Upload\Dancing Monkeys 1.01\Dancing Monkeys\bin\win32

set STEPS=3 5 8

::======================================================================
::======================================================================

set LAMEPATH=..\..\lame\lame.exe
::Set the drive by removing the first caractere and keeping the 2 next
set MONKEYSDRIVE=%MONKEYSPATH:~0,2%
::Remove the drive section (3 first caracteres)
set MONKEYSPATH=%MONKEYSPATH:~3%
set OUTPUTPATH=..\..\Output\
:switch command to the Monkeys directory
%MONKEYSDRIVE%
cd \
cd %MONKEYSPATH%
if %1x==x  goto GETLIST
goto MAKEIT

:GETLIST
for  %%X in ("%THESONGPATH%\*.mp3") do call %0 "%%~nX"
@echo off
cls
exit
goto END

:MAKEIT
ECHO %1%
set THESONG=%1%
set THESONG=%THESONG:~1%
set THESONG=%THESONG:~0,-1%
ECHO Starting Monkeys at %TIME%
ECHO %TIME% - %THESONG% >> %OUTPUTPATH%_MonkeyLog.txt
DancingMonkeys.exe "%THESONGPATH%\%THESONG%.mp3" 3 5 8
ECHO Starting Lame at %TIME%
%LAMEPATH% "%OUTPUTPATH%\%THESONG%\%THESONG%.wav" "%OUTPUTPATH%\%THESONG%\%THESONG%.mp3"
ECHO Deleting WAV file. Go to next song. %TIME%
DEL "%OUTPUTPATH%\%THESONG%\%THESONG%.wav"
GOTO END

:END
set LAMEPATH=
set THESONGPATH=
set OUTPUTPATH=
set THESONG=
set MONKEYSPATH=
set MONKEYSDRIVE=

::nicgravel@gmail.com

lalawen
Basic Member
Basic Member

296. PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, last night I tested this on one of my songs. It edited the song itself just fine, but got was unable to "confidently find BPM". With the exception of the file paths and whatnot, it's the same as the post on page 2.

Well, anyways, I'm testing it on a different song now, so hopefully it will work.
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

297. PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah -- automatic BPM finders tend to do poorly in general, and even if DM's BPM finder is better than most of the ones out there (at least it admits failure instead of coming up with something obviously wrong like most programs do), it's still not going to be able to work for every song... or even for half of all songs.

Try something with a more solid, steady beat and no tempo changes. Also, if you have sound editing software, try editing out any silence at the start of the song & possibly even some of the intro, since the beat often doesn't appear right when the music starts. Or try picking out just one particular section of the song with a loud, clear beat and turning it into a sound file to feed to DM. A partial song that'll work is better than a full one that won't work.
Basic Member
Basic Member

298. PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've now tested four songs and two have worked. The two that worked sounded like something you would imagine elves dancing to, and the two that didn't were both metal.

I don't really like the way it truncates songs that have lyrics anyways, since it doesn't take them into account. I love the program, but it definitely seems like it would be best to truncate songs yourself and just let it make the steps.

I've also noticed that it doesn't have a pause before the steps or music start, it just goes right away which catches me off-guard. It wasn't bad with one of them since it started off slower, but the other really killed me. I'll probably replace the first sequence of steps in that one with blanks.

Well, all in all, very useful program. Especially for people who love the idea of the game, but don't exactly like the music.
PedanticOmbudsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

299. PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lalawen wrote:
I don't really like the way it truncates songs that have lyrics anyways, since it doesn't take them into account. I love the program, but it definitely seems like it would be best to truncate songs yourself and just let it make the steps.

Download the patched version from here (at the bottom of the page). It processes the entire file.

Quote:
I've also noticed that it doesn't have a pause before the steps or music start, it just goes right away which catches me off-guard. It wasn't bad with one of them since it started off slower, but the other really killed me. I'll probably replace the first sequence of steps in that one with blanks.

Yeah... just open the .sm file and change the first few lines to all 0's.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 15 of 23

Jump to: