Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

BNS vs. Neo

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackFrost
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: BNS vs. Neo Reply with quote

I am very much in need of a metal pad, and I can afford the price range of about a BNS pad or a Neo pad (from ebay). The thing is, I've heard a lot of mixed things about the metal BNS pads (PLEASE dont make this a BNS flame-war, ok guys?) and I'm a bit reluctant to buy the Neo pad because my understanding is that its a home modding of a commercial pad, it doesn't have the right kinds of arrows, and I've had bad experiences with ebay pads. Can anyone offer any helpful and factual insight and or clarification as to what I should go for?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Asteroid
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of people on the forums seem to agree with BNS as it is a reliable source, I rarely/never buy from eBay because its scamcity. but ill leave the choice up to you. Probably good to get a second opinion also. erm.gif

(and I suck) lol
View users profile Send private message Send email
DDRtimmyDDR
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for the BNS pad it has polly arrows
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
nekura
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: BNS vs. Neo Reply with quote

JackFrost wrote:
I am very much in need of a metal pad, and I can afford the price range of about a BNS pad or a Neo pad (from ebay). The thing is, I've heard a lot of mixed things about the metal BNS pads (PLEASE dont make this a BNS flame-war, ok guys?) and I'm a bit reluctant to buy the Neo pad because my understanding is that its a home modding of a commercial pad, it doesn't have the right kinds of arrows, and I've had bad experiences with ebay pads. Can anyone offer any helpful and factual insight and or clarification as to what I should go for?

My Neo is due on Monday, but hopefully it'll come on Friday. Obviously I can't do a direct comparison to the BNS pad, but I will do a fair-sized writeup about it, and detail any moddings that I do on it down the road. I'm not worried about the acrylic arrows, to be honest. If they break, they break; I'll just replace them with lexan.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neogames is the former KevinK8 which many of us had numerous problems with and he ended up in big trouble for it. Buy from him at your own risk.
View users profile Send private message
diabloslayer469
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get the BNS. It might have poly-carbonated arrows but it still has cheap foil for contacts. The neo pad probably also uses foil. The CF is the best way to go, however, RO is improving their metal pad. So, if i were you, i would wait and see if RO's new improvement in their contact system is good and if they will use sheet metal.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: