Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

need help for a b-day present, what's the best set-up?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eaw
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject: need help for a b-day present, what's the best set-up? Reply with quote

i'm looking for some help from all you who know way more about this game than I do. I'm getting a home edition of this game for my sister who loves it, for her birthday. I was thinking the best looking set-up for me to buy is the bundle of 2 red octane ignition 2.0 pads ( i don't have the case for the metals) with the ultimate DDR2 game. I was also going to get two pad covers (or do they come with the pads) and two cable extensions for the controller cords. how does that sound? and do i need to get anything else? thanks for the help.
View users profile Send private message
NeoNex
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: need help for a b-day present, what's the best set-up? Reply with quote

eaw wrote:
i'm looking for some help from all you who know way more about this game than I do. I'm getting a home edition of this game for my sister who loves it, for her birthday. I was thinking the best looking set-up for me to buy is the bundle of 2 red octane ignition 2.0 pads ( i don't have the case for the metals) with the ultimate DDR2 game. I was also going to get two pad covers (or do they come with the pads) and two cable extensions for the controller cords. how does that sound? and do i need to get anything else? thanks for the help.

ok you lost me on "i don't have the case for the metals" also if you she doesnt have a way to play imports E13.gif make sure your getting DDRMAX2 and not DDRMAX2 7th mix(which would be the jap version) as for the pad covers those dont come with the pad ,unless it says so in the bundle, there extra.The pads are good, if you want a metal pad search for cobalt flux erm.gif the best but also the most expensive(also only really needed for experts.One last thing,the cords from the pad are actually alright in length unless you have your ps2 on top of your TV so i dont see why you would need the extensions but other than that it sounds like your good to go.
timor
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: need help for a b-day present, what's the best set-up? Reply with quote

eaw wrote:

What a nice gift! =D
The pads are good for softpads, they should work great, and you have to buy the covers seperately.

Not sure what you mean by "the ultimate DDR2 game". DDR MAX2? If so, that's a good choice - great mix, most people love it.

GL with that!
eaw
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, i mispelled, i dont have "cash" for the metal pads. i yeah i think i was the ddrmax2 game. thanks for the input though
QuestionMark
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a good setup.... sounds a lot like mine except for the type of pads... i'm planning on upgrading mine soon though E4.gif

i've had the same since the game came to the U.S. I'm planning on building what i believe could be the "ultimate homemad pad setup" but the funds for it may fall through erm.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
ReFLeX15
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get two BNX Xtreme pads from www.buynshop.com
u can get a package with 2 of em for 90 bux + shippin.
if u wanna play imports, which u might if u and/or ur sister are obsessed with this game. max2 jp and ddr extreme have tons of songs.
my advice is to get a flip top mod/slide card along with swap magic discs to play imports/legal copied games. this should cost u about 30-50 bux plus any imports/backups u buy. controller extensions are a possibility if u need them.

90 bux for 2 pads + 50ish + imports/backups.
this is what i plan to get for x-mas. =) i heard those Xtreme pads are really good pads with nice inserts plus they dont cost 100 for one like the red octane ignition 2.0s

do not get one of those rip off ignition 2.0s for 25 bux unless u plan on modding them by putting a new insert in them or somethin.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
diabloslayer469
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReFLeX15 wrote:
get two BNX Xtreme pads from www.buynshop.com
u can get a package with 2 of em for 90 bux + shippin.
if u wanna play imports, which u might if u and/or ur sister are obsessed with this game. max2 jp and ddr extreme have tons of songs.
my advice is to get a flip top mod/slide card along with swap magic discs to play imports/legal copied games. this should cost u about 30-50 bux plus any imports/backups u buy. controller extensions are a possibility if u need them.

90 bux for 2 pads + 50ish + imports/backups.
this is what i plan to get for x-mas. =) i heard those Xtreme pads are really good pads with nice inserts plus they dont cost 100 for one like the red octane ignition 2.0s

do not get one of those rip off ignition 2.0s for 25 bux unless u plan on modding them by putting a new insert in them or somethin.

Yes! Do this! These pads are just like the RO but half the price. I own one and it works great. Get buynshop's bundle (2 BNS Ignitions and DDRMAX2)

Last edited by diabloslayer469 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total
purple_monkey
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Definetly get the BNS pads. I bought two of the BNS metals, and didnt like them very well. I returned those two, and bought two of the ones that you guys are talking about (cant remember the name...... riiight.gif )
Ive also got DDRMAX2 and love it, So its a great idea, if you just switch the pads. Well, the pads are just to save you money. biggrin.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: