Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Adapter Probs {Help!}

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EvilKitty
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Adapter Probs {Help!} Reply with quote

I'm havin some problems with my adapter I belive, You see, I bought a DPR2 pad and hooked it to my pc via the "Pc-PS USB 2.0 fire evil" converter and it will not register the ups downs, left and rights. E2.gif I will be using it with the DWI proggy. Is this the adapter or is it the pad? Any thoughts, ideas, comments? Thanks so much! E4.gif
View users profile Send private message
NeoNex
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm.gif ive heard that some pc adaptors dont register when you hit two arrows at the same time
View users profile Send private message
Housemaster
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Adapter Probs {Help!} Reply with quote

EvilKitty wrote:
I will be using it with the DWI proggy.

Use StepMania. It might solve your problem, and StepMania is much better anyways.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
JackFrost
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: call me crazy... Reply with quote

call me crazy, but shouldn't this be in the Simulator thread?

Oh well, but to answer your question about the adapter:

Most playstation to pc adapters map the directional buttons to an X and a Y axis. This makes sense if you're trying to use a normal PS or PS2 controller because, try as you might, you can't push left and right at the same time. However, on a DDR pad, you not only can but you must.

With the directions mapped on an axis, the d-pad can't have a positive AND negative X-value at the same time, now can it? The solution is to buy an adapter that is designed to work with dance pads. Those work by mapping the directions to individual buttons, just like Square and Triangle. An example of this kind of adapter is the EMS USB adapter available at www.levelsix.com. I have one and its great, it works for two pads at once and is easy to install.

So the problem is with the adapter. it is a common mistake to buy any old adapter and have it fail you. So no, housemaster, stepmania wouldn't solve the problem. Also, sim preference is just a matter of opinion, but we wont get into that.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
RAJ821
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackFrost, crazy you are not.

This should be in the sim forums. Try looking in the "ok, let's make a list of psx-usb adapters" thread right [urlhttp://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27200]Here[/url]

Use SM, and in the options menu, press ignore axis ... i think
DDRtimmyDDR
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

here is what i did i purchased my adapter from buynshop.com it was only $3.97 and it works perfect. the only thing is you have to donwload the drivers off of the internet erm.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
JackFrost
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAJ821 wrote:

Use SM, and in the options menu, press ignore axis ... i think

I'd been wondering about that option, but personally when I had the wrong adapter it didn't help me... I wonder what it accomplishes, though? maybe it helps with some adapters and not with others? hm
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simulators forum, folks.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: