Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The End Of Ddr??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itz the captain
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: The End Of Ddr??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Reply with quote

I was sitting here and suddenly it hit me.We recive a new ddr mix months after it comes out in japan.This is because konami and bemani's headquartes are around that general area.But now DDR is becoming less popular than games such as beatmania in japan.And since it is becoming less popular chances are that in a while everybody in japan will get tired of it.This would cause konami and bemani not to produce more ddr games.And if they dont come out there they dont come out here.After that its only going to be a short while until people get sick of whatever mix is going to be around at that time ( im guessing 9th mix) and before u know it it will happen..........................is the end of ddr really that near?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?1?!?!?!??!?!
masnevets
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, the US got DDR Extreme a few days after it was released in Japan on Christmas Day. AI had it New Year's Eve, and I know Omaha had it a day or two before that.

Though it's insightful for you to notice these changes, it's not anything you should get too worked up about. Whatever happens happens, and you can't do anything about it, so just enjoy DDR for what it has to offer now instead of worrying about what may or may not happen in the future. Plus, this has come up a lot.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll never understand why people go nuts whenever the end of ddr is mentioned. its just a game, who cares
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Regenesis
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an amazingly profound and original insight. No one has ever drawn this conclusion before. Ever. There certainly aren't already countless threads on this board dedicated to speculation on the future of DDR.

Also, "Bemani is the brand name of Konami's sound simulation series", not a separate entity.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anton,dude,don't worry about it we got an 8th mix down here and i am sure they are gonna make another mix.Stay Cool. E13.gif
Rated #177 Vjarmy IIDX player!AWESOME!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
itz the captain
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks jr i suppose that helps.but still ddr cant die until i get better than u! E15.gif
Gwok Dash
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitro wrote:
its just a game, who cares

Amen. I hope you haven't made your life depend on it.
october_guy01
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR is one of my all time favorites. For those of you saying it's just a game, yes you're right. For me though, it's a game and a workout. No DDR= me getting fat and lazy. erm.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
PolarisIIDX
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing lasts forever, theoretically.

And too much of anything is a bad thing anyways. Just let it go when the time comes.

Wow. I feel so fucking philosophical right.....someone slap my ass.
View users profile Send private message
Zukin-Man
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Promptly slaps your ass*

You're welcome.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if Bemani doesn't make a new DDR, arcades in the US will always have mixes 1-8; maybe even send them in for refurbishing now and then . . .
And the arcade's not all. As long as people enjoyed it, there'll be sims like StepMania with USB pad support.
There's always hope.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of u who said DDR is just a game is right, but if u say that then you're not a true DDR Freak. If you're not true DDR Freak then why did u become a member of DDRFreak.com. Get the title DDRFreak[/i]
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Maxx2Tacoma
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*loads shotgun*
Max's Period
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it really matter if the games popularity "dies"? If you still like it, you like it. For the people who don't like it don't have to play it. You can still play it on a home mix for as long as you want. I think the end may be near, but does it look like I care? No. When you get a home mix and play it for years (And possibly more years), you may even stop liking DDR. As I said, for the people who don't like it don't have to play it. In my opinion, there is no "end" to a popular game. It's all in opinion. Just look at it from this perspective. If everyone in the world was polled for likeness for DDR, and everyone said no exept for one person, Is it consitered "dead"?
StarmanDXE
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not like we get the exact same mix that they have in Japan. What we get is similar, but also has some extra stuff. So, maybe they'll end up simply making the games for the U.S., primarily?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
What?! ¡¿NekketsuKunio?!
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

endless wrote:
For those of u who said DDR is just a game is right, but if u say that then you're not a true DDR Freak. If you're not true DDR Freak then why did u become a member of DDRFreak.com. Get the title DDRFreak

Well, I registered for DDRFreak years ago for two reasons: 1. I was a "DDR Freak" back then. It was all I talked about and I played it every chance I got. 2. DDRFreak was one of the only DDR sites around back when I got into DDR in 1999 or 2000, can't remember when exactly. Nowadays my enthusiasm for the game has gone down as the game got more competitive, the music got (IMHO) worse, and I got into other Bemani games. Why don't I just delete my membership here? Well, I still post here occasionally because I still like the game and I post at other boards. There are message boards for other games here, too.

And to the person who said "Even if Bemani doesn't make a new DDR etc." ... umm, DDR is made by KONAMI, NOT BEMANI. BEMANI is just the name for Konami's series of music games. BEMANI is not a company. KONAMI is.
View users profile Send private message
ChaoTiC-oNe
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does it really matter if the games popularity "dies"? If you still like it, you like it. For the people who don't like it don't have to play it. You can still play it on a home mix for as long as you want. I think the end may be near, but does it look like I care? No. When you get a home mix and play it for years (And possibly more years), you may even stop liking DDR. As I said, for the people who don't like it don't have to play it. In my opinion, there is no "end" to a popular game. It's all in opinion. Just look at it from this perspective. If everyone in the world was polled for likeness for DDR, and everyone said no exept for one person, Is it consitered "dead?

and think of it this way, if your one of the only people playing, you can play as much as you want at the arcade and become the best in your neighborhood quickly E1.gif [/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
slik
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR is not ending. If it is... I'm moving to PIU, which I already play anyways E13.gif
sHadOwDAncErs
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that DDR will die in a different ways...
1. Popularity reasons...
2. Ran out of Idea for what songs that should be in the "new" mix
3. Lack of interest in new players (if there will be any)

and DDR will live for other people for other reasons:
1. Loosing weight (the easy way)
2. Motivate people the exercise when that is the only way to do it.
3. Boredem

My Pretty Much Daily Issues A Shadow can never leave traces behind
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
TeleVKun
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR is one of the only things keeping arcades open, and if those close down then gamers will no longer have any reason to go outside... god knows we dont want that.. cause guy gamers (who will be fat and out of weight) will never procreate... and cause and massive population drop.

Just a game you say.. no DDR is the only hope left for MANKIND!!!1!

Plus i met, my awsome gamer girlfriend while playing DDR and i know other gamers have as well...((hmm maybe i'll start a poll about that...))

oh kay maybe i exagerate.. but still , i like going to arcades... it gets me out of the house and away form my creepy parents. damn they're creepy...

E2.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: