Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Metal Pad Repair

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadRhetoric
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: Metal Pad Repair Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this should go in metal pad discussion, but since this is a more focused thread, I felt this deserved its own topic.

Well, I recently bought this pad:
http://www.ddrgame.com/psps2suarmep.html

The pad itself is very good. However, there are a few problems. First, when I received the pad, the bar it came with was slightly bent. I e-mailed them, and after finding out I would have to pay my shipping costs, I decided to just keep it, as it still works fine as a bar.

Now the big problem. The down arrow gets stuck. Consistently. I've taken off the plastic down arrow to see if there was any physical solution for me, but it seems it will just get stuck again. I e-mailed them about this, and I am waiting for a response. However, I DO NOT want to send it back out to them, even if they would pay shipping on both ends. Carrying around a 70 pound pad is not fun.

Here is where you come in (and I thank all of you who are staying with me). For anyone that has made their own metal pad, do you know if it's possible to just replace the responsive circuit under the pad? I'm hoping cutting the wires and soldering on the new circuit would do the trick, but I'm not sure.

If anyone has any advice, experience, or just a kind word on this topic, please help a frustrated ddr player. Or, if you're bored and have a car, maybe you wanna stop by and take a look E13.gif Thanks all.
View users profile Send private message
thetaller1
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would really do the following:
~make them fix it with out shipping, or give help on how to fix it.
~I would try to bend the bar back with a hammer.
~mostly, I WOULD ASK FOR REFUND 4 FREE OR SAY YOU'LL SUE.

sorry if these do not fit you but i have a question for you, did u ask people about the pad before you bought it?

My DDR Auction site [HOT!!!]:
http://scripts.cgispy.com/auctions/auction.pl?user=thetaller1
My softpad MOD: http://www.angelfire.com/film/njohnson/tt1softpadmod/index.htm
PM me your pics if you did my softpad mod!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
MadRhetoric
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They e-mailed me back and are sending a replacement button. Now, if my thinking is correct. I will:

1. Cut the wire connected to the bad circuit.
2. Solder the wire onto the new circuit.
3. Play until I die.

I'm hoping someone that deals with making their own pads can just tell me this is either right or wrong thinking. I'd rather not throw $300 down the drain.
Gogo
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thetaller1 wrote:
~mostly, I WOULD ASK FOR REFUND 4 FREE OR SAY YOU'LL SUE.

Well... Lawsuits aren't usually the solution. Chances are it wouldn't be profitable for you to sue, so likely if they are 5h175, they'll blow you off.

Dance Masters: JPMax Single-Light. USMax Single-Light, Single-Standard. JPMax2 Single-Light.

Onis: USMax Lesson Oni. JPMax2 MoreLight, BeForU,
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Yoza
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda hard to sue interstate/internationally too isn't it? :S

~Yoza
Guderian
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone was paying attention he said 'say' not actually do it. Its great, it freaks out the customer service and they grab the manager, and the manager is always freake dout so they give in to almost any demands. Customer service is always like that for pretty much a lot of places. Learn that vocabulary is flexible, and don't point out errors in a man's speech if there aren't any errors.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
MadRhetoric
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, enough about the lawsuits. The replacement button is being sent. All I need to know is if I just cut the existing wire, then solder on the new button. Can someone please help me out with this.
CourtJester
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity what kind of pads are those?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
MadRhetoric
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone PLEASE just tell me if that's the right thing to do. Cut the wire then solder the circuit. Anyone??
MadRhetoric
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm begging someone to just tell me if that is the right thing to do. I really don't want to destroy this deyond repair.
Oobrakadoobra
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Jesus Reply with quote

Wait, you paid $300 for that??? Why not just spend the $300 on some non poopy dance pad like a Cobalt Flux. You really made a mistake with that much money.
MadRhetoric
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I paid $200 for it. And I spent $70 on shipping. And I really like having the bar there for balance. When it was working, it was an amazing pad. Felt like the arcade more than anything else.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: