Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Should i buy a Iginition or a Regular Redocatane pad?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robomonkey92
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Should i buy a Iginition or a Regular Redocatane pad? Reply with quote

well....i just got my new DDRMAX 2 bundle and long story short....my Konami pad's wires are disabled from excessive folding....yes....i shouldnt of done that...sooo, i am asking you guys (which are probably WAYY better then me) which should i buy....the Iginition Pad or the regular Redoctane pad. so u dont have to ask...i play standard...in two days i switched to standard just by owning the game, that very odd. soo....post away! thx for helpin out a n00b...

~Robo
blackDDRer321
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have NO experience w/red octane (or any) soft pads, but ive heard alot of good things about the ignition.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Caeru
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, go for the ignition. I've had both the normal RO pad and the ignition, and getting a pad with a foam insert is worth it.

I started out with the RO soft pad (got it bundled with 4th mix) and it worked fine until I started doing some harder heavy songs. You can pass harder stuff with this pad, but I was never able to do really good, ya know? It slipped a lot more and everything didn't always register 100% correctly. When I got my ignitions, everything was so much nicer and easier. I can full combo just about anything without a problem.

Keep in mind when buying a soft pad that it won't last forever. 6 months to a year I'd guess, depending on what, and how much you play.

Also, I never modded my RO soft pad. They could very well be a LOT better when modded, though I doubt it.
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely go with ignitions. Unless you plan to do some heavy duty modding, soft pads just won't cut it because they'll slide all over the place and feel like crap to play on.
Contributor
Contributor

4. PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont go with RO iggy, get the BNS Iggyinstead. Same thing almost for half the money.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

larrikin wrote:
Dont go with RO iggy, get the BNS Iggyinstead. Same thing almost for half the money.

I'll have to agree here. If I were to buy soft pads again I would probably go with these, as their essentially the same as the ignitions. The only major difference in the two pads that I noticed was the surface. The BNS pads are much more slick and slippery. It doesn't really seem to effect game play though.

If you want to check em out:
http://www.buynshop.com/productinfophp3/VG-DDR-ULTDX

My friends first set of BNS pads lasted a LONG time too.

Here is a link to an excellent review and comparison of both the RO ignition and the BNS, as well as several other soft pads.
http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Games/Roundups/ddrpad/index.html

Hope this helps and good luck. E1.gif
Tha DDR Playa
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a Iggy 2.0 dude, that's what I have and it's been lasting for a while now. I get funky misses recently but that's normal wear and tear now. Can't wait for my RO Metal though. But anywayz, get the RO iggy 2.0
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Robomonkey92
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow....thx u guys... i have to check out that BNS one too....its the exact same thing?! whoa....thats cool... ne ways, thx!

~robo
Robomonkey92
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow....thx u guys... i have to check out that BNS one too....its the exact same thing?! whoa....thats cool... ne ways, thx!

~robo
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: