Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Are BNS METAL PADS GOOD?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fr0zenxer0
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Are BNS METAL PADS GOOD? Reply with quote

I want to post this in metal pads but it seems this pad is very little known. It seems to me CF and RO r the best metal pads but they cost a lot. Iv'e bought CG pads and they are pure JUNK. EVEN with the mod they SUCK. STAY AWAY FROM THOSE. Anyway has anyone had experiance with these? They seem decently priced. The thing i hated most about the CG pad was that the pad felt FLIMSY, IT felt as if i could step on the pad and snap it in half . The back is made out of TIN FOIL. I want to get onto a ddr pad and have it feel sturdy like the arcade pad. Can someone give me a honest review and not say something like "Dont get those, go with CF all the way!" THAnks.

For referance here is a link :

http://www.buynshop.com/productinfo/44/VG-DDR-MPD/

They also come with a 30 day warantee! Thats good news isnt it? A lot can happen in 30 days! (my CG died in less than 2 weeks even AFTER THE MOD)
Wizard
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday morning I will be posting my review of the Neogames pad, LED competition thing. It might be what your looking for.
Twilight Zone heavy
Matsuri Japan heavy
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cryptoddrfweak
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Are BNS METAL PADS GOOD? Reply with quote

fr0zenxer0 wrote:
I want to post this in metal pads but it seems this pad is very little known. It seems to me CF and RO r the best metal pads but they cost a lot. Iv'e bought CG pads and they are pure JUNK. EVEN with the mod they SUCK. STAY AWAY FROM THOSE. Anyway has anyone had experiance with these? They seem decently priced. The thing i hated most about the CG pad was that the pad felt FLIMSY, IT felt as if i could step on the pad and snap it in half . The back is made out of TIN FOIL. I want to get onto a ddr pad and have it feel sturdy like the arcade pad. Can someone give me a honest review and not say something like "Dont get those, go with CF all the way!" THAnks.

For referance here is a link :

http://www.buynshop.com/productinfo/44/VG-DDR-MPD/

They also come with a 30 day warantee! Thats good news isnt it? A lot can happen in 30 days! (my CG died in less than 2 weeks even AFTER THE MOD)

I own this pad and I highly recommend it. It uses the same exact design as the cobalt flux, yet it costs about 60% less. metal and ploycarbonated panels all for $138.00. You could buy 2 of these for the price of one CF.
View users profile Send private message
[DMB]ziggy4719
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

wizard i already wrote a review on it and today is monday E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cryptoddrfweak
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what the Neo pad is made out of.

"Constructed of metal & wood (just like the arcade) arrows are made of hard acrylic plastic"

HARD ACRYLIC PLASTIC.

Its funny, because on the BNS website, they wrote this=

"*Other Dealers are selling similar pads with out the POLY Carbonated Panels at $199 +)"

i think this Neo pad falls into that category.
karishbhr
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cryptoddrfweak wrote:

"Constructed of metal & wood (just like the arcade) arrows are made of hard acrylic plastic"

HARD ACRYLIC PLASTIC.

"*Other Dealers are selling similar pads with out the POLY Carbonated Panels at $199 +)"

"Brand New Poly Carbonated Panels" is what the BNS site says... WTF are u talking about
[S4U] Evo
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karishbhr wrote:
cryptoddrfweak wrote:

HARD ACRYLIC PLASTIC.

"Brand New Poly Carbonated Panels" is what the BNS site says... WTF are u talking about

hes saying that the bns website says that competitors are selling pads with HARD ACRYLIC PLASTIC (aka the neo pad) and that = breaks easily.

and if you didnt see that on the website then you must need glasses or something because its clearly visible (i mean its only in red....)

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
fr0zenxer0
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm.....the BnS pads sound promising and im just 1 hair of an inch away to ordering one. Anyone objections or someone care to give me some warnings? The perks of the pad are too good t opass up. Poly carb panels, 1 month warrantee, not to mention the AWESOME price and from what i been hearing that these things are as good as cobalt flux (maybe better because it has brackets). I'm gonna order one of these tomorrow. Anyone hve something to say?
thetaller1
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buy, if it breaks you can replace it with POLY carbonated thingies, its probably still cheaper.

My DDR Auction site [HOT!!!]:
http://scripts.cgispy.com/auctions/auction.pl?user=thetaller1
My softpad MOD: http://www.angelfire.com/film/njohnson/tt1softpadmod/index.htm
PM me your pics if you did my softpad mod!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering...what exactly is poly carbonated plastic, and how does it compare to lexan (I have a CF, and I was wondering what the difference in the feel of those plastics would be).
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend got jipped into buying a BNS pad.

It worked AWESOME for the first week. Just like my RO.

Then the down arrow started ghosting, and sticking. The right arrow developed a small crack.

He called BNS to see if he could get his money back, or another pad, and they told him that they wouldn't cover it under warranty. WTF? Using the pad isn't covered under warranty?

I've heard mixed things about the BNS pads some people get really nice ones, some get ones that break right away (like my friend's).

I'd take what cryptoddrfreak says with a grain of salt. He's been praising these pads like god since before he even got one. (look at his post history, find some of his locked threads, you'll see what I mean).
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Istari Asuka
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJX wrote:
Just wondering...what exactly is poly carbonated plastic, and how does it compare to lexan (I have a CF, and I was wondering what the difference in the feel of those plastics would be).

Lexan is a form of polycarbonate, so theoretically it should have much the same strength as the stuff the yuse in CFs. The feel would depend on how thick the arrows are and on any minor differences in arrow construction. I'd bet they have similar feels.
painting all over a monochrome world in primary colors.
We all know that.
It's why everyone loves fruit.
www.engrish.com
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
diabloslayer469
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't trust the new BNS pad. Why do they have different looking pictures of the pad? Why can't they just take one pic of the actual pad and put that up? I know I can trust CF because they have a 6 month warranty and a way better reputation. I have a feeling that when I order the BNS pad they just ship their old metal pad, which they a have pic of in the pics of their new pad! Crypto, can you post an actual pic of the pad?

Last edited by diabloslayer469 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total
fr0zenxer0
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i ordeed the pads a few days ago. It is scheduled to arrive on OCT 29. How come people have bought this pad yet no one has put in a REAL review for the pad. Well, when i get my pads i will put a honest review detailing from when it first arrives and as to what is INSIDE those panels. I would take pics but i have a poopy cell phone camera so u would get a bunch of fog anyway, but if ur cool with that then i guess i can do it. I thought buying the pads would be a great idea but after looking at cypto's ddr post history, ive become more skeptical. However, people who hate on the new BNS pad dont actually OWN then BNS pad. I guess its kind of a wild card. Truthfully tho, it Doesnt cover PHYSCIAL damage?! wtf is up with that? SO if a arrow sticks, the warranty wont cover it? IS that even Physcial? If i knew crypto had a bad rep i would have bought RO. I wish HOusemaster posted a lil earlier. Anyway, I'll give u the review when i get the pad. Hopefully it wont die in 1 week like my CG did.
diabloslayer469
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fr0zenxer0 wrote:
Well i ordeed the pads a few days ago. It is scheduled to arrive on OCT 29. How come people have bought this pad yet no one has put in a REAL review for the pad. Well, when i get my pads i will put a honest review detailing from when it first arrives and as to what is INSIDE those panels. I would take pics but i have a poopy cell phone camera so u would get a bunch of fog anyway, but if ur cool with that then i guess i can do it. I thought buying the pads would be a great idea but after looking at cypto's ddr post history, ive become more skeptical. However, people who hate on the new BNS pad dont actually OWN then BNS pad. I guess its kind of a wild card. Truthfully tho, it Doesnt cover PHYSCIAL damage?! wtf is up with that? SO if a arrow sticks, the warranty wont cover it? IS that even Physcial? If i knew crypto had a bad rep i would have bought RO. I wish HOusemaster posted a lil earlier. Anyway, I'll give u the review when i get the pad. Hopefully it wont die in 1 week like my CG did.

I'd like to see the pics.

Hey cryptoddrfweak, you say that the BNS pad is essentially the same as the CF because it has the same polycorbonated panels, but Vance says they your pads have foil tape for contacts. This is really bad for metal pads.

Last edited by diabloslayer469 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total
cryptoddrfweak
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diabloslayer469 wrote:

I'd like to see the pics.

Hey cryptoddrfweak, you say that the BNS pad is essentially the same as the CF because it has the same polycorbonated panels, but Vance says they your pads have foil tape for contacts. This is really bad for metal pads.

Ohh Vance says so? Well I have a question.
WHO THE F*CK IS VANCE?

Ya, I agree with you, it is a bad thing, that's why BNS is a good pad, because it doesnt use foil.

Im gonna stop posting. I dont care what anyone else buys, go ahead, waste your money. laugh.gif
cryptoddrfweak
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Housemaster wrote:
My friend got jipped into buying a BNS pad.

It worked AWESOME for the first week. Just like my RO.

Then the down arrow started ghosting, and sticking. The right arrow developed a small crack.

He called BNS to see if he could get his money back, or another pad, and they told him that they wouldn't cover it under warranty. WTF? Using the pad isn't covered under warranty?

I've heard mixed things about the BNS pads some people get really nice ones, some get ones that break right away (like my friend's).

I'd take what cryptoddrfreak says with a grain of salt. He's been praising these pads like god since before he even got one. (look at his post history, find some of his locked threads, you'll see what I mean).

I'd take what Housemaster says with a grain of salt.
Like I said, Im the ONLY one who owns one, therefore, I have the most leverage when it comes to this subject.
His "friend" probably bought the pad some time last year and got the old version, which is still ok, but not as good as the new one.
BNS rules, and I still stick by it.
cryptoddrfweak
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fr0zenxer0 wrote:
Well i ordeed the pads a few days ago.......

If i knew crypto had a bad rep i would have bought RO. I wish HOusemaster posted a lil earlier. Anyway, I'll give u the review when i get the pad. Hopefully it wont die in 1 week like my CG did.

Dont worry, the new BNS is still a sweet pad, dont listen to anyone else.
You did NOT make a mistake.

Plz try to post some pics and show everyone that Im telling the truth.

I dont have a bad rep. I have a very valid argument.

ANYWAY, relax. youll see. E1.gif
diabloslayer469
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cryptoddrfweak wrote:
fr0zenxer0 wrote:
Well i ordeed the pads a few days ago.......

If i knew crypto had a bad rep i would have bought RO. I wish HOusemaster posted a lil earlier. Anyway, I'll give u the review when i get the pad. Hopefully it wont die in 1 week like my CG did.

Dont worry, the new BNS is still a sweet pad, dont listen to anyone else.
You did NOT make a mistake.

Plz try to post some pics and show everyone that Im telling the truth.

I dont have a bad rep. I have a very valid argument.

ANYWAY, relax. youll see. E1.gif

Can you take some pictures of the pad? I really would like to see some actual pictures of this new pad, but nobody seems to be able to take some, not even buynshop. They just have several different looking pictures of different pads, why can't they just take one accurate picture of their new pad?

Last edited by diabloslayer469 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total
Housemaster
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cryptoddrfweak wrote:
I dont have a bad rep.

Yes you do. You have 8 warning points, a bunch of locked threads, and always make stupid comments. That's a bad reputation.

As for my friend getting the BNS pad, he ordered it in September this year.

Who knows, maybe he did get the old pad. And if he did, that proves how BNS can't get anything right. If it was the new pad, that proves how a lot of them are defective.

Also, I found a thread from another guy on this forum. Search thread titles in this forum for BNS, you'll find a review from a guy who got it and said it sucked because it broke after a week of working great.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: