Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

One of the best metal pads
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cryptoddrfweak
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istari Asuka wrote:

Oh, and in the Metal Pad II thread, someone who has two new BNS pads with the "POLY Carbonated" panels has reported them forming cracks after only a couple months. He only weighs like 145, and his girlfriend's has also started cracking, and she wieghs 105. Obviously you can have poor quality polycarbonate panels as well.

How convenient, no link at all.

face it, acrylic suks.

Talk to anyone who really owns a cobaltflux or bns and see if they managed to break or crack an arrow yet. I haven't. E1.gif

Added: In fact, acrylic sucks sh*t.
To be honest, i dont know exactly what polycarbonate means, but this is from personal experience:

I bought the old version of BNS and broke those acrlyic arrows within 2 months.
(plus, an arrow was BOA= Broken on arrival)

I bought the new version, am, and have been stomping on it for the last 2 months without any sign of a single arrow cracking.
(plus, it arrived IOP= In one piece.)
You figure it out.
View users profile Send private message
Istari Asuka
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, i mixed up the pads. I thought the new Neo pad w/ frame border thing was the same as the BNS. However, this changes nothing about what i said about Acrylic arrows.

I cannot but help being amazed at your ignorance. After explaining my position and even backing it up with evidence you still still are saying that ALL acrylic sucks for the sole reason that it is acrylic. As i explained this makes no logical sense whatsoever. The acrylic used in manufactured DDR pads such as old BNS/etc. may be of very low strenght and quality, and hence crack, but this is not a fault of being ACRYLIC. Acrylic in and of itself != bad.
painting all over a monochrome world in primary colors.
We all know that.
It's why everyone loves fruit.
www.engrish.com
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istari Asuka wrote:
Acrylic in and of itself != bad.

Wow...somebody must be a programmer. Anyway, even if acryllic doesn't suck, you can't argue with the fact that lexan pwns. Oh, and one more thing...

Cobalt Flux leik wuht!!!!!!1111oneone
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Course lexan pwns E1.gif. It's just pretty expensive if you're building a home pad or whatnot.

Oh, and i'm not a programmer. I started learning, but then i got too lazy, so i stopped. i really want to though, so maybe i'll have to get motivated again.... E10.gif
Wizard
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istari Asuka wrote:
Bleh, when i read their little ad and it said "polycarbonated" that just about drove me insane. But now hearing someone else saying that is too much. It's not some mythical thing that's coated on the arrows to make them stronger and more l33t. They're simply polycarbonate, not acrylic. Basically the same, merely different chemical basis. When they say "POLY Carbonated" it merely makes them sound clueless. Are the arrows some new type of soft drink perhaps?

Oh, and because an arrow is "hard acrylic plastic" does not mean that it will break. In fact, if you check out the Homepad thread almost everyone uses some form of acrylic. I think there have been 2 or 3 that used polycarbonate panels instead. Maybe all these metal pads use poor quality acrylic, or a weaker type of acrylic; it does not follow that just because the arrows are acrylic that they will break.

Oh, and in the Metal Pad II thread, someone who has two new BNS pads with the "POLY Carbonated" panels has reported them forming cracks after only a couple months. He only weighs like 145, and his girlfriend's has also started cracking, and she wieghs 105. Obviously you can have poor quality polycarbonate panels as well. biggrin.gif

That pad he talked about wasnt this pad, it was an older version and it sucked.
Twilight Zone heavy
Matsuri Japan heavy
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chibi Nappa
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the sake of my sanity:

I don't mind bad grammar. I don't mind spelling mistakes. But for the love of God, can everybody please write out the full word "you". It's only two extra letters people. E1.gif

ur driving me nuts.
Istari Asuka
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
write out the full word "you". It's only two extra letters people.

ur driving me nuts.

laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
TheKornKid
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was me, i posted about my girlfriends that started cracking too, but that ddr pad is really really old but still works like a champ....about the polycarbonated arrows, I honestly don't think they were. I bought that before they used that type of material (i think). So no one base the decision to buy polycarbonated arrows on my experience because those cracking arrows were just a hard plastic (crap x4).

And Wizard also summed it up.... "It was.....Old pad....suck..." the rest was left out because it was unimportant, only the keywords have been left in. laugh.gif But it still works fine though, just a little cracky. E13.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
BInGO
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can those of you who have this pad and like it please answer a couple of questions
how much do you weigh?
do you stomp while you play?
how good are you? (please be more specific than "i play heavy, and can do max300")
how much do you play?
how long have you had the pad?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
cryptoddrfweak
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Robot-O (Spot) wrote:
can those of you who have this pad and like it please answer a couple of questions
how much do you weigh?
do you stomp while you play?
how good are you? (please be more specific than "i play heavy, and can do max300")
how much do you play?
how long have you had the pad?

167 (Im getting fat)

Hell yes. I stomp mudholes when I play ddr. I jump as high as I can and SLAM down on it whenever there's a break in the song.

Ya, (blows fingernails) I play max300 everyday. I ONLY play the fast songs. I fly like a butterfly and sweat like a pig.

I play almost an hour a day, and about 2 1/2 hours on weekends.

About 2 1/2 months
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: