Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

One of the best metal pads
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[DMB]ziggy4719
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: One of the best metal pads Reply with quote

ok so i got 200 dollars to spend and heres what i bought http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3052328610&category=21185

Now i no what ur saying "u freak dont by a pad of ebay!" it shipped in 2 days! heres my review

My Review: Great pad- when they say non-slip they mean it and u cant even here your feet its 100 perctentage noisereducing 1 of the best pads ever if i were u and u have 200 dollars (i bought mine for 120 total) this is the pad
P.S. the light up buttons r a cool feature
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TBxVividos
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else tried these pads? i was thinking i'd get the red octane metal pad when they got another shipment but i could save 80 bucks by getting one of these...80 bucks isnt worth getting a second-rate pad though..i dont want something thats just going to start to crap out after 9 months or so like my roi2.0 did
-favorite songs: "So Deep", "Freckles", "A", "Ever Snow", "Xenon", "Drifting Away", "Burning Heat", "AM-3P (AM East Mix)", "Do You Remember Me"
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
diabloslayer469
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: One of the best metal pads Reply with quote

ziggy4719 wrote:
ok so i got 200 dollars to spend and heres what i bought http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3052328610&category=21185

Now i no what ur saying "u freak dont by a pad of ebay!" it shipped in 2 days! heres my review

My Review: Great pad- when they say non-slip they mean it and u cant even here your feet its 100 perctentage noisereducing 1 of the best pads ever if i were u and u have 200 dollars (i bought mine for 120 total) this is the pad
P.S. the light up buttons r a cool feature

How good are you at DDR? It seems like a cheap 3rd party metal pad with a metal frame added to it. I think if you give it some time (If you are good at DDR) you'll encounter some of the common problems with the cheap 3rd party metal pads.

Last edited by diabloslayer469 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
mastermind3k
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pad looks like it uses sheet metal contacts. Any pad that uses sheet metal contacts is not worth buying. Another thing to note is it says that the arrows are made out of hard acrylic plastic. I've bought a couple pads that have that same plastic and in a short amount of time they will crack. Not worth getting unless it's lexan plastic. From the looks of it the only thing that is worth while abou this mat is the price and maybe the size but other than that, this thing is not worth getting.
[DMB]ziggy4719
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

i play heavy doble at arcades and heavy at home cuz i only 1 have one of this pads but i beat the *word* out of it and its good the picture looks bad but i took the pad apart (which was really hard cuz the screws were very tight (thats a good thing cuz its a solid pad) but when i got it apart each panel was 1 cm of metal its very nice and the pad doesnt coem like it is the pictue it comes with a very very very nice glossy white cover over the metal pieces that are to the left and right of the down butto and middle. oh and that guy u no the redoctagne review said its very loud u here tap tap tap not this pad solence. if i were u i would by this pad if your a heavy or maybe a standard definitly fells like the arcade BUY IT best pad ever (ps sry if theres a lot of grammar mistake i cant type well when i type long things)
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
discobiscuits
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is what i need to know about every metal pad.... how far in does the arrow sink when u step on it.... is it like cyphgergames v1 pad? or more like a modded one?
[DMB]ziggy4719
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote

this is the cool part they sink down about almost uhh NONE they dont sink far down and just yesterday i was testing it and i can push down the arrow with my pointer finder which is good because its a very snsitive pad you dont have to step hard on it just today i was playing barefoot and it worked greta so i f i were i would by this pad its like the best really

EDIT: the arrows dont brake because he put a thin layer of plexiglass(the stuff snowboards r made out of) over each panel so it will not brake uless u take a sledge hammer to itabout 20 times
discobiscuits
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow u maake this pad sound like its the real deal... i might just happend to pick one up for christmas..... hehe. along with xa3021 speakers of course.... ddr is no fun without bass.
diabloslayer469
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

discobiscuits wrote:
wow u maake this pad sound like its the real deal... i might just happend to pick one up for christmas..... hehe. along with xa3021 speakers of course.... ddr is no fun without bass.

You shoud first consider a CF or a RO. I recommend a CF (cobalt flux) because it is a great metal pad, they have great customer service and it has a 6 month warranty! That pad on ebay says "arrows are made of hard acrylic plastic" hard acrylic plastic that will crack easily.

Last edited by diabloslayer469 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total
StarmanDXE
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of these pads (the Neo whatevery ones from eBay), and I must say, I love it, too. It feels very sturdy and sensitve and I've heard enough good stuff about them and how people have had them for a few months now and nothing has gone wrong, yet. Plus, it's nice and cheap. But, I could really use another foot or two of cable. Sits kinda clost to my TV.

Also, do you really like the way the arrows "light" up? It's kinda cheesey (6 little red LEDs next to each arrow). And I don't think I like the fact that the metal parts are white instead of silver, but those are simply cosmetic issues. And I asked the guy before I bought the platform if there is any warranty, and he said yes, 90 days. So, I asked what it covers, and he said the arrows because that's all that can break (although it might cover other stuff that could break? Is there anything else?).
Escobar
Basic Member
Basic Member

10. PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotta agree w/ diablo. CF is the best
[DMB]ziggy4719
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

see starman likes it also if u can take off the white things its ok its actually there to not scratch the chrome under it because if u lokk at the pic on ebay it doesnt have the white and yes CF is the world best but 600 or whatever dolars it not a buy iddrather buy a ddr machine...[/u]
thetaller1
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u sure u just dont like the lady in the pic

My DDR Auction site [HOT!!!]:
http://scripts.cgispy.com/auctions/auction.pl?user=thetaller1
My softpad MOD: http://www.angelfire.com/film/njohnson/tt1softpadmod/index.htm
PM me your pics if you did my softpad mod!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
QuestionMark
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: uhh.... Reply with quote

discobiscuits wrote:
along with xa3021 speakers of course.... ddr is no fun without bass.

well if you want even more of the arcade feel buy the actual speaker, however there's both a high and low.... in my opinion it's not really a chance of a though biggrin.gif reason i'm saying this is that it's the ACTUAL speakers used in the arcade and i've never see or heard anything wrong with the arcade speakers.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
sfetaz
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

14. PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seller was orignally KevinK, famous in the DDR Community for terrible support when problems arise. I had a terrible experience with him myself. It got so bad with him and people that ebay and paypal shut down his accounts. Now he has resorted to backup accounts for his business. Watch out with this guy.
thetaller1
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it sounds like your advertising your sellings...

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
cryptoddrfweak
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the fine print.

"Constructed of metal & wood (just like the arcade) arrows are made of hard acrylic plastic"

That means the arrows will break within a month or so.

Either go with BNS or CobaltFlux, the only 2 pads so far to include polycarbonated panels.

Edit:
BNS even wrote the following on their website....
"*Other Dealers are selling similar pads with out the POLY Carbonated Panels at $199 +)"

Think about it.
Istari Asuka
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh, when i read their little ad and it said "polycarbonated" that just about drove me insane. But now hearing someone else saying that is too much. It's not some mythical thing that's coated on the arrows to make them stronger and more l33t. They're simply polycarbonate, not acrylic. Basically the same, merely different chemical basis. When they say "POLY Carbonated" it merely makes them sound clueless. Are the arrows some new type of soft drink perhaps?

Oh, and because an arrow is "hard acrylic plastic" does not mean that it will break. In fact, if you check out the Homepad thread almost everyone uses some form of acrylic. I think there have been 2 or 3 that used polycarbonate panels instead. Maybe all these metal pads use poor quality acrylic, or a weaker type of acrylic; it does not follow that just because the arrows are acrylic that they will break.

Oh, and in the Metal Pad II thread, someone who has two new BNS pads with the "POLY Carbonated" panels has reported them forming cracks after only a couple months. He only weighs like 145, and his girlfriend's has also started cracking, and she wieghs 105. Obviously you can have poor quality polycarbonate panels as well. biggrin.gif
thetaller1
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know if i can trust any body on the forums now... E2.gif

[DMB]ziggy4719
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

i dont care what u say listen to this ive used the pad fro a month and it had a small error so i emailed him and in 3 hours he emailed me back with a step by step goud on how to fix it and it was easy the reson it broke was because i played max300 and kinds STEPPED HARD on it frust.gif but i fixed it easy and hes really reliable yes hid name is kevink (koh) but i got my pad and its in good conditon aroows didnt break he telles e how to fix my problem within yth day now w/e buy his pad or not ur missing out on it (i would get a CF but i dont got the money for a doulbe.... but this is good...how do u guys get that much money?)
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: