Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

New Step Charts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MeltyKiss
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

40. PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the steps that are on the beat (1, 2, 3, 4) purposedly made blue (a.k.a. do you guys know that it's supposed to be red)? Also, I'll be posting dexdrive edits for Dam Dariram and Love Shine.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
sherl0k
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

41. PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

color-coding FAQ:

blue = 4th
red = 8th
purple = 16th
green = 32nd

i believe this is the correct notation for the steps.

[quote:ed1f6848c5=\\\"jaeness\\\"]get your change from obama, he apparently has tons of it.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
MeltyKiss
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

42. PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherl0k wrote:
color-coding FAQ:

blue = 4th
red = 8th
purple = 16th
green = 32nd

i believe this is the correct notation for the steps.

Red is quarter notes (1, 2, 3, 4)
Blue is 8th (between 1, 2, 3, 4) (1 and 2 and 3 and 4)
Green is triplets (i don't know any other way to explain this unless you were in band :X)

BTW, people that have access to a memory card slot can now play the Oni steps of Dam Dariram and Love Shine on their machine... Just download the following edits and put them on your card.

http://maple.ddrfreak.com/edits/dam.mcs
http://maple.ddrfreak.com/edits/loveshine.mcs

You will need the following program as Dex Drives can't read the .mcs file format.
PSX Game Edit - http://www.moberg-dybdal.dk/psxge/

[Edit: 32th notes are also red (see: Tsugaru HVY and BAG HVY)]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Junior Asparagus
Administrator
Administrator

43. PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiltyKiss wrote:
Red is quarter notes (1, 2, 3, 4)
Blue is 8th (between 1, 2, 3, 4) (1 and 2 and 3 and 4)
Green is triplets (i don't know any other way to explain this unless you were in band :X)

Wait, I'm confused. Like there's a predetermined color scheme? This isn't from the actual game, right?

I just thought he picked those colors cuz they looked nice.
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game's color scheme is red = 1/4, blue = 1/8, yellow = 1/16, green = 1/12?, and I think red also is 1/32.

What ever you guys are using for the step charts has it blue, red, purple, green, green, respectively. I never minded the differences (let alone look at the charts much). Although I think the triples and 1/32's may be a problem/confusing, being both green.
View users profile Send private message
Junior Asparagus
Administrator
Administrator

45. PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[SPACETAKINGTHING] kami wrote:
The game's color scheme is red = 1/4, blue = 1/8, yellow = 1/16, green = 1/12?, and I think red also is 1/32.

The arrows are those colors?! O_O

How come I never noticed?
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are the edit data/2nd color scheme for the arrows. I think Solo arrows are the same. It's a way to distinguish them from each other.
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

47. PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[SPACETAKINGTHING] kami wrote:
Those are the edit data/2nd color scheme for the arrows. I think Solo arrows are the same. It's a way to distinguish them from each other.

Ok, just as a further explanation, every DDR version (except Disney and a few other side ones maybe?) for the home systems had the ability to change the arrow color.

Go into the Options Menu and, I believe it's always in Graphic Options, there's "Arrow Color: Type 1", change it to Type 2 and play the game, THEN you will see indefinately what Konami decided to use for Rhythm 'debugging' so to speak.

It's ironic that we chose the exact opposite of them for the 1/4th and 1/8th biggrin.gif.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

48. PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Den wrote:
I also noticed the three-arrows-at-once thing in the fifth column of "Heaven is a 57..." And it looks like the freeze arrow that should be at the top of the second column of "Burnin' the Floor Momo Mix" is in the first column instead.

The fix should be out within an hour, thanks.
Administrator
Administrator

49. PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn wrote:
After the 15th step on Jam Jam Reggae (amd Swing mix) after the 3 down and 2 right arrows, there should be a blue up-right arrow instead of a down-right arrow ( riiight.gif I'm sorry if im picky but its my favorite song to play on ==> ghost.gif ) and the combo is 252. Thanks for all of the charts!!!!

Wow, so picky =p. Anyway, it will be fixed very soon. Thanks.
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Type2 color in the home version (I'm guessing what the color scheme is based on), 32nd notes are green.
Razma
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

51. PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent job. Long have I waited for new step charts to download and print for use in my DDR Encyclopedia. biggrin.gif

One thing in the layout of the page, though. Because the system overall has changed, wouldn't it be logical to use Light, Standard, Heavy and Challange instead of Basic, Trick, Maniac, and Maniac2? Just my thoughts.

Also, For songs that have renovated steps (such as Love at First Site) have extra charts? Based on the European steps and the American steps? I could supply the .dwi for both, I just need to make it first.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

52. PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also thought about this.

Pickyness:
It would not be correct to give them Challenge steps, because that's different. Maybe tag a marker on them?
i.e. Love at First Sight [Euromix 2 Version]
Love at First Sight [MAX2USA Version]

Oh yeah, and, there's Two 'Love Machine' entries biggrin.gif.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
Junior Asparagus
Administrator
Administrator

53. PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VxJasonxV wrote:
I also thought about this.

Pickyness:
It would not be correct to give them Challenge steps, because that's different. Maybe tag a marker on them?

We can actually do that without the little tag (although leaving them on might be less confusing). So we could do that. They'll be separate entries in the database. However, I have no idea what goes where in song lists and stuff, so someone would have to tell me in all the cases that that applies. I didn't even know there were two sets of steps.

We could probably change the Step Charts page to read Light/Standard/Heavy for the selection buttons, but the URL strings and filenames will remain the same because changing every single instance would involve changing the entire database and stuff. Anyway, that's sort of low on the priority list as it's not all that important in the overall scheme of things.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

54. PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junior Asparagus wrote:
VxJasonxV wrote:
Pickyness:

We could probably change the Step Charts page to read Light/Standard/Heavy for the selection buttons, but the URL strings and filenames will remain the same because changing every single instance would involve changing the entire database and stuff. Anyway, that's sort of low on the priority list as it's not all that important in the overall scheme of things.

Exactly biggrin.gif. What the users see can change without affecting the underlying design.

I would do this myself...if I didn't mess up that page (no, not on the live site E10.gif) before...hmmm, must go bug blue^ about that.

J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

55. PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the step charts are pretty good, so I'm linking it into the main site now.
Administrator
Administrator

56. PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junior Asparagus wrote:
We could probably change the Step Charts page to read Light/Standard/Heavy for the selection buttons

I tried changing this. Switching the radio buttons to read Light/Standard/Heavy was easy enough, but then I tried to add a Beginner option, and I ran into some problems because it always showed up as available even if the song didn't have Beginner steps. Maybe J Dogg can help me out here (the SelectFirstEnabled() function? I tried to wrap my brain around it to find an easy and correct fix, but I think it's too late for me).

Anyway, I left the page as-is for now.
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sure people have noticed this, but it isn't mentioned yet:

paranoia eternal

the steps changed when it was put on extreme.
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

58. PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junior Asparagus wrote:
Junior Asparagus wrote:
We could probably change the Step Charts page to read Light/Standard/Heavy for the selection buttons

I tried changing this. Switching the radio buttons to read Light/Standard/Heavy was easy enough, but then I tried to add a Beginner option, and I ran into some problems because it always showed up as available even if the song didn't have Beginner steps. Maybe J Dogg can help me out here (the SelectFirstEnabled() function? I tried to wrap my brain around it to find an easy and correct fix, but I think it's too late for me).

Anyway, I left the page as-is for now.

And you wanna know the irony? That's the exact same thing I tried biggrin.gif, and the exact same thing that happened biggrin.gif. Perhaps this one is best left to the original designer, neh?

Junior Asparagus
Administrator
Administrator

59. PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VxJasonxV wrote:
And you wanna know the irony? That's the exact same thing I tried biggrin.gif, and the exact same thing that happened biggrin.gif. Perhaps this one is best left to the original designer, neh?

Haha, well I'm sure it's nothing big. It's probably just easier if Jason does it rather than us figuring everything out. E15.gif

And good point about Paranoia Eternal. We could either make another entry in the DB for the Extreme one, or link it up as the same file, but put the new steps at Maniac2...I dunno.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: