Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Is it necessary to ask permission for this....

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brigg Brags About Bag
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Is it necessary to ask permission for this.... Reply with quote

This is concerning the "Tips and Guides" Section of the site.

I was wondering if I could make a guide for that page. The content within it would be subject to the approval of the higher powers of course. I've been itching to share a bit of DDR knowledge with those who seek it...

That and I was willing to make a "DDR Etiquitte guide for newbies"!

If I were to make guides and submit them, would you put them on the site...or will my efforts go to waste? Or, in the worst case scenario, do I have to be some kind of famous DDR player to merit making a credible guide? (ABSOLUTELY NO OFFENSE INTENDED TO ANYONE!)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
mrּselfּĐestruct
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been kicking around the idea of user-submitted FAQ's and Guides. I believe Junior Asparagus was the one that mentioned this, so if he doesnt reply soon, you may wish to PM him and ask directly. I don't know when that would be implemented, or if they're even still considering that or not.

Hope that helps you at least a little.
Administrator
Administrator

2. PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr·self·Ðestruct wrote:
We've been kicking around the idea of user-submitted FAQ's and Guides. I believe Junior Asparagus was the one that mentioned this, so if he doesnt reply soon, you may wish to PM him and ask directly. I don't know when that would be implemented, or if they're even still considering that or not.

It wasn't me who came up with the idea (rampage, maybe?). I was just asking people how it'd be implemented. I think the idea is still being kicked around, but we're still working it all out. Having said that, go ahead and write your guide. Even if we aren't able to implement a system of user-written guides, we still might put it up. Keep in mind that if we do eventually do this sort of thing, it's under the condition that we're free to edit the document in whatever way we see fit, assuming that we feel the FAQ is worthwhile enough to put up (don't worry...it'd most likely mainly be for typographical errors and such).

But anyway, it wasn't my idea, but I think it's still one of the things on the agenda. But I'd say go ahead and write your guide. At the very least, you could post it in one of the forums.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear. =D

Thanks a lot.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
mrּselfּĐestruct
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junior Asparagus wrote:
mr·self·Ðestruct wrote:

It wasn't me who came up with the idea (rampage, maybe?). I was just asking people how it'd be implemented. I think the idea is still being kicked around, but we're still working it all out. Having said that, go ahead and write your guide. Even if we aren't able to implement a system of user-written guides, we still might put it up. Keep in mind that if we do eventually do this sort of thing, it's under the condition that we're free to edit the document in whatever way we see fit, assuming that we feel the FAQ is worthwhile enough to put up (don't worry...it'd most likely mainly be for typographical errors and such).

But anyway, it wasn't my idea, but I think it's still one of the things on the agenda. But I'd say go ahead and write your guide. At the very least, you could post it in one of the forums.

Oh.. hehe.. oops. Well, I remembered you mentioning it in Mod Chat, so yeah.. =P
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: