Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Flame-allowed zone?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrSatan
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Flame-allowed zone? Reply with quote

Perhaps it would be beneficial to many members of the DDRFreak.com web community to be able to access a section of the site where the practices informally known as "flaming" or "ranting" could be allowed. This will allow humble members who do not wish to participate in such activities to avoid that section entirely, while providing an option to those who which to take part. It would be a dedicated section that users would have to signal their awareness that they are going to such an area. Now, this area would be a great method of so-called "stress relief" and allow users to rant about topics without the fear of retribution from other users. Because, in the course of human events, individuals may become angered at situations and events of life's course, it is expedient that who is angered is able to go on with life--renewed, energized, with the weights off his or her shoulders. However, certain controls must be in place to provide for the continued legal legitimacy of such an area. Examples of such items NOT to be contained in such a place would be: links to illegal materials, links or information to obtain mp3's that are not of public domain, and the harming of small animals or children.

I hope with my sincerest efforts that such a method could be contrived and it would be for the benefit and enlargement of the DDRFreak.com experience. However, if the former request is not in the wishes of the powers that be, I humbly subject myself to their guardianship of these forums and will try my best to follow their rules of the DDRFreak forums.
Mr. Deus
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Flame-allowed zone? Reply with quote

DrSatan wrote:
I hope with my sincerest efforts that such a method could be contrived and it would be for the benefit and enlargement of the DDRFreak.com experience. However, if the former request is not in the wishes of the powers that be, I humbly subject myself to their guardianship of these forums and will try my best to follow their rules of the DDRFreak forums.

*snicker*

I think the general consensus is that a flame forum would sort of destroy the little harmony we have on DDRFreak. There would be a lot more...tension between members, and we can't have that, can we? Rule-breaking on the whole would rise, and all heck (hehe) would break lose.

If you absolutely must flame someone, you always can take it to PMs. Besides, if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. E15.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
IguanaGrrl
Staff Member
Staff Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had a flame forum in the past. We've moved beyond that. It honestly just breeds more problems and things are much more harmonial this way.
Administrator
Administrator

3. PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing ever stays totally in the "flame forum". Then there is just clean up in other forums you'd find the same people in.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burnin' The Floor blink.gif ... *Hit with topic brick*
skie
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of the reason I still come to DDRFreak is that people aren't allowed to get away with being jackasses here (pardon my french). While you raise fine points about stress relief and venting, there's plenty of room in the random forum for your venting needs, as long as it isn't directed at another member of the board.

Quote:
Besides, if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Absolutely right on statement, as cliche as it might be. I would recommend to an individual who feels the need to flame a specific user-- If you absolutely feel the need to rant about some faceless online name in a webforum, you seriously need to re-prioritize how you spend your time online.

... or just get a livejournal biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.calibemani.com/nbor3/

It's another forums site where most if not all the RTA regulars and San Francisco and bay area people post.Inculded on that forum site you will find a "flame allowed zone" which only tolerates flames if they aren't directed at another person,on the forums at least.Enjoy!

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Kerf
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG WTF U STUPID NEWBIE... >_> blink.gif
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Kerf
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I made a double post I r newb111
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: