Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Can anyone here translate Japanese well?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What?! ¡¿NekketsuKunio?!
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Can anyone here translate Japanese well? Reply with quote

I wasn't sure if this should be its own thread or if it should go under the Beatmania thread, but here goes. Most people here have probably heard IIDX 8th Style's Rainbow Flyer (Extended Vocal Mix). If not, PM me or something. Anyway, those that have heard the song know it has lyrics, but there's no official write-up of them (there isn't one in the lyrics booklet that comes with the 8th Style OST or anything like that). Recently, I stumbled across two unofficial ones people made just from what they heard. The first one is here: http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/syamo37/dabun/boufura.html
This one seems pretty accurate to me, save for a couple of strange English words (Leady go?) and a couple minor mistakes (from what I can hear). Also, just from my informal translation efforts it seems pretty fitting, talking about riding the rainbow into a dream, sharing thoughts on a distant, unknown place, etc.

The other one's here: http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~jun1-o/bemani/2dx/8th/rainbow.htm
This one is incomplete and doesn't seem to match as well, but I could be wrong. So if anyone can help, thanks!
View users profile Send private message
rmz
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Can anyone here translate Japanese well? Reply with quote

NekketsuKunio wrote:
save for a couple of strange English words (Leady go?)

That sounds like the Japanese pronunciation of "Ready? Go!" to me.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Can anyone here translate Japanese well? Reply with quote

rmz wrote:
NekketsuKunio wrote:
save for a couple of strange English words (Leady go?)

That sounds like the Japanese pronunciation of "Ready? Go!" to me.

That would be my guess, too, either that, or just a typo given that when the Japanese type foreign words, they seem to replace all R's with L's regardless of whether it should have been an R in the first place.
View users profile Send private message
Echelon
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's not "ready go", it's "rainbow". At least that's what I hear. And it makes more sense than "ready go". Although around the middle (I forget which verse) she does say something along the lines of "ready go" or "lemme go".

Other than that I can't really help you. Here's another one that I found: http://www.geocities.co.jp/AnimeComic-White/3741/soramimi/rainbow.htm
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: