Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Cobalt Flux or RO Metal Pad?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YmkFX
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Cobalt Flux or RO Metal Pad? Reply with quote

I've been reading every word on the forums at Cobaltflux, and reading all about the RO Metal Pad here, and I'm a little torn. I've always been interested in a metal pad but only now have been able afford one.

So I though perhaps I could get a few reccomendations outside of the cluttered metal pad dedicated thread. I don't want to spend 350 dollars on a metal pad that I could have gotten for 100 less. I understand some people here have tested it, some people probably have CF's. So here's my question.

Buy a $300 Cobalt Flux now? Or wait and buy a $200 RO Metal Pad?

*The fact that I can pass Max300 heavy with an A could also be a factor*

I understand this should be a matter of my own decision but any input would be greatly appreciated. I consider this to be a huge investment and I've been thinking and researching if for a long time now.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
farewell
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=70293
DiZ B TonY
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say go for cobalt flux, because it has the 6 month warranty, they'll even go father than that to help u out. and if anything is wrong with the pads, u still can fix it yourself, juss contact them
Shinmizu
Staff Member
Staff Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I can say about my Cobalt Flux is that the day I got it, I AAA'd 5 songs (in the years of play before that point, I'd only gotten full perfects on three songs), and cut the number of greats I got on most Heavy songs (Cowgirl, for instance) in half. I also had my best performance ever on So Deep and Maxx Unlimited.

The RO pad? Well, all that's known about it is that the control box & connector break when someone steps on it. There hasn't been a fair opportunity for anyone outside of RO to actually test the pad in fully functioning form. It's WAY too big of an unknown, even at a price point $100 less.

I would say to definitely go for the Cobalt Flux.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Melvis at the Disco!
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the Cobalt Flux. Those things are soooooooooo sweet. Definitely AAA stuff on that.

Besides, there's plenty of reasons to dislike RO, but that's something different... blink.gif
SDSUMarcus01
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have to ask then you're not worthy... j/k

Cobalt flux. Red Octane has a reputation for extremely high prices and mediocre quality.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: