Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Figured Out SM EXTREME Skin Results Display Issue

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Figured Out SM EXTREME Skin Results Display Issue Reply with quote

I figured why the bonus bars on the skin look wrong.

The probelm: No matter what theme you select for Stepmania CVS, it always uses the default player 1 and player 2 bonus boxes. The box for extreme, unlike the others, is smaller and lower down on the screen. The metrics file for the EXTREME skin is set to display the bars so that they would be correct with the EXTREME bonus boxes, but because the game is using the default boxes, it looks all messed up.

The solution:
Solution A (Not my ideal solution but it works): Copy all the lines from

BonusFrameP1X=96
...to...
BarActualMaxCommand=glowshift;effectperiod,0.5

from the metrics file under the [ScreenEvaluation] header in the default theme folder. Then paste those lines over the equivilent lines in the metrics file of the EXTREME theme folder (I kept a copy of the lines from the EXTREME metrics so that I could use them if I can figure out how to implement solution B). Now the theme will continue to use the default bonus box, but the bars will be in the correct place.

Solution B: This one I havent't quite figured out, but if someone can figure out how to make Stepmania recognize the bonus boxes of other themes, then the theme would display correctly.

Enjoy!
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or u could down load a fixed ddrextreme skin at this site i just found.

http://usuarios.lycos.es/ddrspain/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=24

thats all one link...
that site has dwi and all ddrextreme dwi files would not download bc of the lost data.

but all dwi files for ddr-7th mix has bakground,banner,mp3..........
View users profile Send private message
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So....beautiful...

Unfortunately the skin you linked to is a DWI skin, whereas I use stepmania and the solution I posted is to a stepmania EXTREME skin. Thanks though. E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, it worked! Thank you!

http://www.freewebs.com/nekomiki/exskinmetricschange.jpg <---It now fits in the box.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I finally figured out how to get the correct bonus frames to display on the evalution screen. It's as simple as this:

Open the graphics folder of the Extreme theme and locate the two images named "ScreenEvaluation bonus p1" and "ScreenEvaluation bonus p2". Simply add the word "frame" after bonus in both names, ex. "ScreenEvaluation bonus frame p1". The this will make the extreme results frame display instead of the default. If you used my previous fix, you'll have to restore the old metrics for this to look right (unfortunately i still haven't had a chance to test that the old metrics are correct given the extreme frames, but i will as soon as i get home).
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: