Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Memory Card FAQ v1.4 - Link Data Converter v1.0 Released!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeymadness
Trick Member
Trick Member

400. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with tomo on this, but just wanted to say that if i remembered correctly it had an option to autosave, but i could be wrong, anyway it goes, having control of the edits is best left to the operator, also razma, get ahold of me, have a couple of question to ask of you - Brent
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

401. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reasonably certain that the edits are not shuffled off. If you reach capacity, the operator has to remove them. So, basically, it's early-bird-gets-the-worm.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
TEEX
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: getting killed by rubber ducks in Silversurfer (NES)
402. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made an edit for Super Star(from nonstop megamix). When I put the steps into DDReditMAX2 and saved the mcs file, I used the DDR Extreme header format. Then I put it on the memory card w/ PSXGame-Edit. When I went to the arcade, the machine didn't load it, meanwhile, my other ones did (Keep On Movin, Miracle, etc.). Is it possible that songs that only have oni/challenge steps only work with a MAX2 header format? E19.gif
Staff Member
Staff Member

403. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEEX Hates DDR wrote:
Is it possible that songs that only have oni/challenge steps only work with a MAX2 header format? E19.gif
Not just possible - guaranteed.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
rathstar
Trick Member
Trick Member

404. PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an FAQ anywhere about how to add the memory card slots to an extreme machine? Our machine has the slots, but the wiring is missing.
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

405. PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=74435

CryptopsyBodom
Trick Member
Trick Member

406. PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a .dwi to .mcs (or any other memory card type extension) converter?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

407. PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taren wrote one, I think, but I don't know if he distributed it or not.

monkeymadness
Trick Member
Trick Member

408. PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes he did distribute it, its in some old link on AIJ, if you have a profile on there, just PM him and he should be able to help you out - Brent
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TEEX
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: getting killed by rubber ducks in Silversurfer (NES)
409. PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that on somemixes the offset for certain songs are different, for example Rhythm and Police on 4th mix starts on the 4th measure, on DDRMAX USA the 2nd, and 8th mix the 3rd.

I just made an edit for Trip Machine Climax and I want to make sure which measure the heavy steps start on for 8th mix. I don't want to go to the arcade tomorrow with my memory card to find out that all the steps start on the wrong section of the song and everything is offbeat. Please get back to me ASAP. Thanks.
Trick Member
Trick Member

410. PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I really hate the offset differences too.

It took me 3 tries to sync up my SP-Trip Machine edit on the right measure.
Staff Member
Staff Member

411. PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really sure why I missed this the first time...

LOKI's FAQ I think has all the offsets current with regards to DDR Extreme. I *think*. I really can't say. What would probably be best is this - if you plan to play a particular edit, make it with a bit of variance, and save three separate copies of the edit and play each one to find out.

BeyondDark
Trick Member
Trick Member

412. PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what would happen if i tried puting a ps2 mem card in a memory slot?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

413. PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much the same thing that would happen if you put a PS2 memory card into a PS1: nothing.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total
[TCO] Patrick
Trick Member
Trick Member

414. PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of searching around for this all elusive USB idea, I finally decided on picking up a DexDrive (for ~$12). After reading the FAQ, I only have one question thanks to being stupid.

The only reason Im using my card is soley for keeping track of my scores (Link Data, right?). Anyways..

I went through and saw that theres seperate Link Data for 5th Mix and then for Max/Max2/Extreme. Since Ill only be using this card on a Max2 (Im going to buy a seperate card for Extreme), I want to download "Link Data for use with DDRMAX, DDRMAX2, and DDR Extreme," correct? Or do I want to get the other Link Data files for 5th Mix? (Since I did read something about formatting Link Data files on a 5th Mix home version....)

videoCWK wrote:
ITG can go beyond level 10? Woah...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

415. PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just download the one labeled for Max, Max2, and Extreme. The only reason 5th Mix is mentioned is because that's the version that makes the link data for those versions, and it's also the version that you can use to read the link data file on your PSX and show your scores at home.

Krispearman
Basic Member
Basic Member

416. PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok can someone help me here,

i have a max 2 machine and i have the home version

how do i save the edits to a ps1 memory card? and is there anything else i need to do before i can play them?

the faq didnt mention anything about that but i cant figure it out because the games in japanese (Obviously) so can anyone help?

Kris
View users profile Send private message
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

417. PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read the Memory Card FAQ in the Consoles forum.

thisismyoldusername:P
Trick Member
Trick Member

418. PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I need to clarify something. I have read all the threads and FAQ's and everything on the site, and they all talk about ddr machines that already have visible memory card slots on them. Now, people at my arcade say that there are memory card slots on pretty much every machine, but some of them are covered up. I also hear that you need to take out the metal plate in the front of the machine where the buttons are, because that's where the memory cards slots are. Overall, my question is: Is it true that the memory card slots are hidden? What can I do to tell if my machine DOESN'T have memory card slots?

P.S. our arcade manager won't let us fiddle with wires, so if there's anything beyond screwing/unscrewing a metal plate, i can't do it. frown.gif
Razma
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

419. PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a machine has mem card slot, they won't be hidden. If they aren't there, they aren't there. Taking off the metal plate on the front of your DDR machine will just show you some wires coming from the start and select buttons.

Last edited by Razma on Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: