Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Memory Card FAQ v1.4 - Link Data Converter v1.0 Released!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JW51886JS7
Basic Member
Basic Member

40. PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got myself a DexDrive off of ebay (thank god i was able to get one for that cheap) biggrin.gif

and i have question while doing the edit hacking method.

With DDReditMAX, on the side it has the list of Mix's from 1-8.
so lets say im making an Edit for "B4U" which came from the 4th mix.
but im gonna play it from and Extreme machine.
So would i change the header to and Extreme machine?
or would i leave it on the Standard 4th mix?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

41. PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurtyGurt has informed me that 4th Mix and 4th Mix Plus do *not* support score saving.
JW51886JS7 wrote:
I just got myself a DexDrive off of ebay (thank god i was able to get one for that cheap)

and i have question while doing the edit hacking method.

With DDReditMAX, on the side it has the list of Mix's from 1-8.
so lets say im making an Edit for "B4U" which came from the 4th mix.
but im gonna play it from and Extreme machine.
So would i change the header to and Extreme machine?
or would i leave it on the Standard 4th mix?
Pick the mix which you will be playing the Edit on, not the mix where the song originated from.

Sentient Mode is capable...

Last edited by Cutriss on Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
-ChAsEr-
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it possible to take an edit off of a machine and save it onto your memory card?

_______
Tag-CHSR
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Tomo-kun AKA s1
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-ShAdOwChAsEr- wrote:
is it possible to take an edit off of a machine and save it onto your memory card?
2nd post on 2nd page. short answer, no
View users profile Send private message Send email
MJEmirzian
Roxor Staff
Roxor Staff

44. PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
NOTICE FOR SHARKPORT/X-PORT USERS:

The SharkPort/X-Port does *not* work with PS1 saves, but I'm pretty sure I know why, and I'm working on fixing it.

Any updates on this?

I would like a sharkport/xport to psx/mcs/whatever converter.

Matthew
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

45. PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJEmirzian wrote:
Any updates on this?

I would like a sharkport/xport to psx/mcs/whatever converter.
Sorry I didn't get your message earlier. I don't know why my Away Message didn't respond... blink.gif

It's temporarily on hold, primarily because I've been working on a different project. It's not a matter of modifying the data before putting it through the SharkPort software...it's just a problem that the SharkPort software doesn't know how to write PS1 files correctly. From what I can gather, the PS2 writes a container wrapper for them which just contains the original file, but the SharkPort tries (and fails) to write it back with extra PS2 data that doesn't exist.

In order to fix this problem, I'd have to do some reverse-engineering of the SharkPort software itself, and write an app that talks to the USB driver myself. Even then, it's possible that the problem exists on the code run on the PS2, in which case I wouldn't be able to fix it at all.

At any rate, it's just on the back burner because I've been working on the Link Data Library, as well as other real-life intrusions into my time. E1.gif

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Isaru
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Isaru on Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

47. PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh...Unfortunately, there's already precious little documentation on using the memory card slots, so there's pretty much nothing out there for setting up/installing new/maintaining existing slots.

Since most arcade ops would prefer not to screw around with their machines, you'll probably have to wait until someone who owns a machine with slots gets generous with their time and puts something together. And that won't be me, not for quite some time, anyway. E1.gif

Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

48. PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCSX currently has a stock of brand-new DexDrives for $19.

CHROMEDOME
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone help me...theres an Extreme near me that has slots and they work. I have MAX2 jp and made some edits but I can't save them on to my PS1 memory card. I tried to copy it and that didn't work either. And is it posible just to bring a ps1 memory card, stick it into the machine and just like save your scores and stuff with out having the game?
Staff Member
Staff Member

50. PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you have to have a Link Data file on your memory card in order to save scores. You can either use a DexDrive or similar tool to download said file onto your PS1 memory card, or you can use 5th Mix to make it.

As for downloading edits, I'll get back to you on that. Larrikin also asked me about this tonight.

Kokubunji
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Guide.

I've been using a pocket station with an extreme machine. But lately its been flakey. Sometimes the machine just won't recognize it. I keep thinking that maybe blowing on the connectors of the memory card will get it to work, like an old Nintendo cartridge, but I don't know if that actually helps. Do memory cards go bad after a while? I keep mine in my pocket and I'm wondering if thats not good for it.

Now Watching.
Ergo Proxy, Yakitate Japan...
View users profile Send private message
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

52. PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably just needs the contacts cleaned. If the PocketStation was going bad, it'd probably be corrupting the data, or losing it entirely.

Blowing the contacts is pretty much useless. You'll want to carefully take it apart and use an eraserhead or a lint-free cloth to clean the contacts, and then put it back together.

dj Kyouki
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought me a DexDrive today (under $3 at EB...very shweet) and I plan on following your FAQ right now. YAY!
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Isaru on Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

55. PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isaru wrote:
I don't know if you tried this method or not as it was kinda unclear in your post, but I know transfering from ps2 to ps1 confused me for a while, hope this helps E1.gif . Just make sure the song is on extreme(though it probably is).
Thanks for helping me with that, Isaru. I don't have MAX, so I couldn't do this myself. E1.gif
Isaru wrote:
Cutriss wrote:
Blowing the contacts is pretty much useless. You'll want to carefully take it apart and use an eraserhead or a lint-free cloth to clean the contacts, and then put it back together.
You don't mean actually using the eraser to clean the contacts by "erasing" the dust do you. laugh.gif I didn't know you could do that without damaging them in some way, as small as they are.
Well, the best way to do it is to use the eraser *with* a cloth, but yes, a clean eraserhead can be used to clean contacts. You won't damage them, since it's a metal overlay on PCB, and so it's well-reinforced, as long as you don't simply mash it with the eraserhead.

But the eraserhead does need to be clean, otherwise you're just moving the dirt around on the surface.

sfetaz
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

56. PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets say I got replacement memory card slots without the red lighting cover for the machine. If I connected the USB cable to my machine, would the memory card slots work? Or do the slots themselves need the +5v power? If so where can I find the cable in the machine to connect this power supply to the slots?
View users profile Send private message
Ho-Man
Contributor
Contributor

57. PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I adressed this question in this thread.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

58. PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a beta version of my Link Data Converter just about ready. I say "beta", but it's really not beta, since it appears to work properly. I just have no means of testing it myself.

I've got one or two touches to put on it, and then I'll upload/link it tonight, and probably e-mail a mod about it. If everything appears kosher with it, then I'll stamp it v1.0.

From there, I'll see if I can start putting some serious work into the Link Data Library. I've got a full-time job now, so my piddlying is limited, but I finished the Link Data Converter in one night, and I've already got various bits set up for the Link Data Converter, so it probably won't take too terribly long.

The job is also why I haven't updated the FAQ, despite my indications that I planned to do so. E13.gif I was also hoping to find a PocketStation at AWA, but the import gaming scene was *bare* this year. There was only one table selling import games at all. Incidentally, they had around ten copies each of 2nd Mix, the Club Appends, and Best Hits. $70 a pop though, $35 for each of the Appends. Yow.

Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

59. PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err...didn't get to it last night because I got an Xbox. riiight.gif

And I'm going home this weekend...so, I probably won't get to mess with it until Monday.

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22

Jump to: