Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

I want to buy authentic arcade metal pads.. where?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninja_Step
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: I want to buy authentic arcade metal pads.. where? Reply with quote

I'm not joking. I want to buy a ddr 8th mix machine... and for the rest of the mixes I wanna play my imports using a genuine arcade pad setup for the ps2. I'm sure konami does it somewhere where they offer their real arcade pads with an adapter for the ps2. Can anyone help me?
Mikeweiser
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt Konami makes such a thing. The arcade was never intended for use at home. If you do find it, it's either going to be a manual on how to do it yourself, or some guy that knows how to make such an adapter.
View users profile Send private message
cRazY FeeT
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: I want to buy authentic arcade metal pads.. where? Reply with quote

Ninja_Step wrote:
I'm not joking. I want to buy a ddr 8th mix machine... and for the rest of the mixes I wanna play my imports using a genuine arcade pad setup for the ps2. I'm sure konami does it somewhere where they offer their real arcade pads with an adapter for the ps2. Can anyone help me?

If there were such a thing, a lot of people on these forums would have them, trust me. E13.gif
Symbion_Project
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd have to rewire the arrows for the arcade pads to a PS controller or something like that.
granolanator
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you can get a solo arcade pad off of Channel Beat but they cost 380 dollars and you would have to rewire it for use on the playstation. You could see the home built pad thread for info to wire a playstation controller for a ddr pad.
Eckostyle
Contributor
Contributor

5. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could nab a Solo Pad for cheap, but be sure you have soldering skills. I personally think to handle that, you need to be some sort of engineer.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eckostyle wrote:
You could nab a Solo Pad for cheap, but be sure you have soldering skills. I personally think to handle that, you need to be some sort of engineer.

Only if he had my dad, who solder my pad together...

My PSX Game News:
Got the beta test out, now i need to make an iso
Larrikin
Contributor
Contributor

7. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always take a time machine back and grab one of the 2000 authentic arcade replicas made by konami. Cost 2000 bucks tho, if youre extremely lucky one might appear on rinkya. My cobalt flux is suffecient for home for me.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your into having one THAT good then... ...make your own its probably the best way to go [unless ur a wimpy rich kid].

My PSX Game News:
Got the beta test out, now i need to make an iso
Milza
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just build your own. If you already know how to solder, it will cost you significantly less than if you were to buy a solo pad from Channel Beat (which would still require soldering). Cobalt Fluxes are great, but they're not designed to be arcade-perfect.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Chibi Nappa
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Channel Beat and Coinopexpress sell solo pads/cabinets. I got a solo cab with no game installed for about $450 from Coinopexpress. Shipping and handling (separate shipping company) bumped it up to about $1200. Yes, those damn machines are expensive to move. E1.gif Anyway, it only took me about 5 hours to hook a playstation up to both the dance pad and the monitor. You will need to buy a Jamma fingerboard ($3) and a cheap 3rd party playstation joypad. Steal the circuit board out of the joypad, and solder the directions and buttons to the appropriate pins on the Jamma fingerboard. Ditto for the video (take a SCART cable, strip the sync, and solder to fingerboard pins). It is honestly very simple, and all the tech info you need can be found here: www.gamesx.com
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: