Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

hurt my back while playing DDR, anyway to not do this again?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nekoangel
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: hurt my back while playing DDR, anyway to not do this again? Reply with quote

I played for wayyyy to long today and now my back hurts sooooo bad, and I can't sit or even stand for that matter without it hurting. I know its from DDR, is there any way for this not to happen again? Probably not play for such a long time, and take breaks? XD thx...
akm3
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strengthen your 'Core' muscles by doing weight lifting and isometric exercises that specifically target the 'Core' muscles.

e.g. http://www.myinky.com/ecp/health/article/0,1626,ECP_756_2729322,00.html

Good luck!
Flarone
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, be careful. I remember getting a bit sore after DDR, but never in the back. I would suspect that it's probably because you're stepping too hard on the steps. Do you have a hard pad (or at the arcade)? Are any other places sore? How long did you play? What difficulty level were you playing on?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Slowpoke
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said yourself, you played "way too long". Just don't do that... listen to your body when it's telling you it's had enough.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Neemo
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to what these brilliant guys are saying remember this... its not the amount of plays that make you better but the experienced earned over time. You will not be better by marathon playing... you need time!

Dont try to overaccelerate your growth!

I am PHREKWENCI'S Number 1 PHAN!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade in your DDR games at gamestop and use the money to buy beatmania. That way you can just sit on your buttocks and you'll never get injured.
SillyWabbit
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, that's tough. I remember the very first time I played. I was thinking since I could dance that I'd be able to do Heavy... those arrows were like, well you know. I was like frust.gif

But thought I was bad @ss and tried anyway, I sprained my big toe disgust.gif And that sucked pretty bad...

Just thought I'd share...

Formerly Integra_grrl (Click Banner Pwease)
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nikorasu
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you just pulled something. It happens. Take it easy and don't play at all for a few days or until the pain stops. If it continues though, and you get sharp twinges of pain, you might check into it to make sure you didn't slip a disc. Hey, I just thought of a great parody for Spin The Disc: Slip The Disc.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: