Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Look at that DDR Face!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YoShiQtee69
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Look at that DDR Face! Reply with quote

I'm not sure if there has been a subject about this but I haven't seen one. Anyways when ur at the arcade, have u ever seen someone playing ddr having the weirdest/funniest etc look on their face while playing? What did they look like? Do u do something interesting with ur face while u play? I've seen people who pout, mug, and leave their mouth open then their bottom lip starts to jiggle. I don't intend to make fun of these people cuz everyone has certain habits when they concentrate and I'm just curious of what those habits are. All I can think of what I do is tuck my lips into my mouth when I play.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Bortlett
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, I look really serious and like I'm not having any fun it all. It's pretty amusing to me, because I enjoy DDR so much. E1.gif

The following petition is going to be part of a proposal to try and get a IIDX machine at crabtree in Raleigh. Please sign it if you think you will play it at all!

IIDX at Crabtree
View users profile Send private message
Jeff's Bawls
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always play with my tongue subconciously sticking out of my mouth. It's a concentration thing. Many people bring it up, I just make a joke out of it not to look retarded. And then it sucks because once in a while I bite it, and it gets dried quicker

3. PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe...this one guy plays with his mouth WIDE OPEN...i want to throw a ping pong ball down his throat sometimes because it is ALWAYS THERE and when the song is over it just automatically closes...fairly odd looking. disturb.gif

--Terry--
sonyeddie
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pics of mine.
riiight.gif <-- my face, it's a lil sweaty(after Heavy,DamDariram-KCPMix)

frust.gif <-- also this one while I am playing
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Oolong
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usually i have my teeth clenched when i'm doing a hard song.

"If there were a country in the world called Funia, Disco House would be its national anthem, as well as the name of its capital city. I was once walking down the street late one night when a hooker called to me from the curb, asking me if I was looking for some fun. "No thanks, Miss" I replied, pulling out a set of headphones. "I've got Disco House, the most fun there is." - Ishkur
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
DDRShampoo
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Bad Habits. Reply with quote

Ha ha! I've noticed the DDR Player-Face patterns a lot! I've noticed everyone has the own unique "style" of play. I myself have my arms at chest level, using them for balance, while I have a "dumb" look on my face. That's what everyone says. I start off standing there, looking at the machine like I've never seen or played before... and them pull a "Healing Vision Angelic" outta no where, still with the look of stupidity on me... until I finish, and begin to gasp for air.

Other people I know... One guy always has his arm up to his chest, like a T-Rex. I can't think of anyone looking more like one! It's hilarious!
Another guy, when doing a hard song... he'll begin to such in his lower lip. It looks like he forgot his lower parcials at home! Lol!
Like "Bortlett" was saying, there's this one guy that looks like he's all serious and not having fun... but this guy I know looks like he's going to EAT the machine! It's actually kinda creepy and scares most little children away. For real.
Maaza
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good topic because when most people look at a DDR player, they concentrate on their body movements and not their face.

I, like Bortlett, have an amazingly serious stare when it comes to playing DDR. I love playing the game, but it does take a lot of concentration. Although sometimes I find myself talking to whoever I'm playing with...then I'm smiling. nerd.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmmmm Reply with quote

Hmmmmmmm good topic indeed...when it comes to other's faces...to be honest , where I play...a lot of females mainly play...and they just laugh and giggle.

When the guys play this game, they just have a straight face. Noone in particular has a strange "look"

As for me...I keep my mouth closed... eyes steady....and people say I have a "calm" looking appearance when i'm up there playing. I pretty much look "calculating"

But when I get tired...my look doesnt really change, my mouth just comes a bit open E15.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A non DDR player once told me that I looked "too serious" while playing...

blink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
fourleafedmonkey
Basic Member
Basic Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of my friends folds his arms like he's doing the chicken dance or something. It was funny. laugh.gif
marxxunlimited
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i play, its funny cuz my head stays in one spot, even when i turn
-Chef-
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the face of someone seeing legend road

Legends of ChefCo®
Drifting to the sounds of EDM!!!!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
HealingVision
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny because so many people have noticed my face when I play DDR, i'm always smilling LOL mainly because I'm having fun, DDRs a complete hobby and I could even say sport for me. If i'm really concentrating on a hard part/song, I'll be biting my bottom lip and yet still have a smile. If it's just an average difficulty song, I'll probably be smiling with my mouth a bit open. I had a picture that my friend took of me playing DDR a while ago...I think I lost it though =\ wish I could post it.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

14. PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that I usually have my mouth somewhat open when i play, and when i get to a difficult part in a song, i stick my tongue in my cheek E1.gif Another friend of mine plays with his mouth open and the harder the song gets, the wider his mouth goes (:o to :O)
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BeckC
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have a serious look on my face whenever I play DDR.. My mom says that I should smile, but since I'm tryimg to concentrate, I find that distracting... disturb.gif Anyone else find smiling during a song distracting??
blucow
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's definetly distracting. Then again, almost every smile you see on me is either forced, or I'm laughing my head off and can't help it. I imagine those who smile when playing previously had braces or something.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
zoolander101
Basic Member
Basic Member

17. PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i stick out my tongue but then again i do that whenever i consentrate E15.gif
DDRunk!
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh friends say whenever i do 10 footers or any other songs in that sort of difficulty my tongue sticks out my mouth and trust me when u have a big tongue it aint a pretty sight.. id be as well licking the screen E1.gif

Onf of my other friends doesnt do any weird faces when he plays but his top half of his body tilts forward like hes going to keel over any minute E1.gif

PS Heavy - AA
Max300 - AA
Max U - AA
LOM - A
PSMO - B
Brigg Brags About Bag
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My body movements while I play are....well....um...

Let's just say, someone once asked me to stop trying to freestyle heavy songs.

I flail a lot, but it's a good, controlled kind of flail. I get into the music a lot and let my arms move to my groove. I have a lot of body movement during gameplay. Nobody has ever said anything about my face though.

~Brigg - Someone once videoed me playing Waka Laka...It was so hilarious, we watched it 4 times! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: