Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

IIDX 9th Style Website officially up.
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh... yeah, extra stage. That guy who played it in the picture posted above was insane too. AAA like crazy(1076 Just Greats, 97 Greats, 7 goods, 0 bads, 9 poors = 2249/2376 Expoints = 95% of the possible points in the song = HUGE AAA)... obviously he could survive.

I just hope that Paranoia Survivor Max's keychart isn't as bad as Paranoia MAX was for 6th style. Ugh, that keychart was awful... I hate how un-fun it is to play.

Also, when did they start applying mandatory extra stages? From 5th and 6th style, they just bring you back to the song select screen like nothing happened... yet, it says "Extra Stage". Blah. Is Extra stage now on hard mode by default too? I am ignorant to these sort of things, because there are no IIDX machines in Michigan... so I'm limited to home styles. It sucks.

And as for the "One more Extra Stage", I think that if it were in the game, we'd know by now... especially because of that AAA pic of Paranoia Survivor Max. .... Unless it A) isn't on hard mode and you'd have to finish with 100% life... which is unlikely or B) Have to border finish on the song... which is also unlikely. No telling what the guy in the picture finished with percentage wise.

~Edit~ Oh man... I may take back what I just said about the "One more Extra stage". I was reading: http://musixcommunity.hp.infoseek.co.jp/9thmatome/kannren.htm, and even though I can't read all the Kanji, I think it said something about doing a 7-(kin maybe? I can't read this Kanji)star song on Hard Mode with a AAA for the extra stage, you get a new song called Abyss Remix.. . but then at the bottom of that it said they aren't sure about "one more". Man, my Japanese sucks... I feel like a retard not being able to understand such simple things; yet if I could read more Kanji, it'd help a LOT. Ugh.

~Second Edit~ Well, since my Japanese sucks, I ran it through babel fish. I think my Japanese to English skills may be a little more coherent than this, and I can't even read many of the Kanji. hahaha... But, from what I read in Japanese, it seems like they still haven't varified if the "one more extra stage" exists or not. Though, blah... anyone with more expertise than me please clarify, it just seems strange that someone has already AAA'd PSM extra, yet, they don't know if another extra stage exists. =/

Last edited by Saiyajin on Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Madek
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And as for the "One more Extra Stage", I think that if it were in the game, we'd know by now... especially because of that AAA pic of Paranoia Survivor Max.
That picture is of him AAA'ing something else and getting Paranoia survivor max, not his score on psm.
View users profile Send private message
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... oooookay. My bad, sorry you guys.

Ugh, I was reading more from that site about the card system, and I caught a glimpse that it only goes up to HS3. Though, since my Japanese sucks, I could be wrong. I think I also saw something about if you get 50 poors your game is over. Once again, varification from an expert would be nice. http://musixcommunity.hp.infoseek.co.jp/9thmatome/system.htm

So, does anyone know if any pictures of the result screen to PSM are posted? I'm curious to see how many notes it has, and how well people handle it from sight reading.
herbie
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryan2dx wrote:
Quote:
And as for the "One more Extra Stage", I think that if it were in the game, we'd know by now... especially because of that AAA pic of Paranoia Survivor Max.
That picture is of him AAA'ing something else and getting Paranoia survivor max, not his score on psm.

to add to what ryan said: yes, it was a aaa on a different song, possibly abyss -the heavens mix- which is said to be the easiest flashing 7 another. and to answer your question about "mandatory" extra stages, they aren't mandatory. there are requirements to getting a normal extra stage, but getting paranoia survivor max, like max300 and sakura, requires that you get a aaa on a flashing 7 star song on another with on hard mode. and like you said about it not happening in 5th and 6th style, that's because it started in 7th.
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you talking about? I've never AAA'ed a flashing 7, and won't be able to for many millenia, yet I've managed to get to the EX stage on 8th style by passing sync [L7] with a 100% gauge. I've also seen Sakura available for play at various times when I played.
View users profile Send private message
Saiyajin
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two words:

I quit.
herbie
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G2 (gs6) wrote:
What are you talking about? I've never AAA'ed a flashing 7, and won't be able to for many millenia, yet I've managed to get to the EX stage on 8th style by passing sync [L7] with a 100% gauge. I've also seen Sakura available for play at various times when I played.

*sigh* lemme run through this again.

i had said before that there are certain requirements to getting the "normal" extra stage, for lack of a better term, such as clearing a 6 star song with 100% as you mentioned. i think the other ways were either passing a 7 or full comboing a 5 star, but i'm not sure (you can do that with light7 songs, but i think crystal had told me one of those sites said that in 9th style, you can't anymore). you'll get an extra stage, but you just choose whatever song you want, as in previous styles and there isn't a hidden song like max300, sakura, or psm that is unlocked. the method i mentioned before is only for unlocking the hidden extra stage song in that style. of course, if the code for unlocking the hidden songs has been already used, this is worthless, because you can just play whatever song, whenever.
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC - on 7th Style you did not have to use an another, only a kin-7 on hard mode, to get Max300. For 8th you did have to use an another.

For getting Extra (4th) stage from 6th Style forward:

4 star - perfect bonus
5 star - full combo
6 star - finish with 100 percent (applies to hard mode)
7 star or kin 7 star - pass song
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
CStarFlare
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

28. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is supposed to be about 9th Style's webpage. However, it's gone off topic- not horribly off topic, but off nonetheless.

Please use the 9th Style Is HERE! thread for further 9th Style discussion. No use having the same discussion in two places.
View users profile Send private message Send email
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: