Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

i just had the weirdest idea....

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
limegreenpotato
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: i just had the weirdest idea.... Reply with quote

wasap, i usually stick to the DDR forums but i had really weird idea... what if they combined guitar freaks and percussion freaks together???? like it was one machine but it had a guitar and the drum set. and two people could play at once and it would be pretty cool! just an idea i thought i'd share E4.gif

"Hsaw Aknow"

"Is that Japanese?"

"No, its Wonka Wash spelled Backwards"-Willy Wonka
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
MeltyKiss
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: i just had the weirdest idea.... Reply with quote

limegreenpotato wrote:
wasap, i usually stick to the DDR forums but i had really weird idea... what if they combined guitar freaks and percussion freaks together???? like it was one machine but it had a guitar and the drum set. and two people could play at once and it would be pretty cool! just an idea i thought i'd share E4.gif

Why would they do that when people could just buy Guitar Freaks and Drum Mania and link them up?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Syxx
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISN'T THAT WHAT SESSION MODE IS????

now if they combined beatmania and DDr............... WAIT THEY DID THAT TOO!!!!
limegreenpotato
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa sorry i didnt know that you could do that... erm.gif ive only played PF like twice. Just thought it would be a cool idea.....

"Hsaw Aknow"

"Is that Japanese?"

"No, its Wonka Wash spelled Backwards"-Willy Wonka
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
CStarFlare
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that's exactly what Session Mode is, except the drums and guitars are on separate machines.

It IS a cool idea. That's why people like it. E15.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that you can link a KBM 3rd Mix in with the mess for 5 player madness.

The PS2 versions of Drummania/Guitar Freaks all let you play Session mode on the same screen, since both games are on the same disc. Drummania 1st Mix is a slight exception, in that you can't play Guitar Freaks by itself - only in Session mode.

There are a few screen shots on Konami's web site.
http://jpn00.konami.co.jp/products/gf4_dm3/index_session.html

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
mattman412
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Konami stole the flux capacitor design from doc, and went into the future just to read this thread, then went back and "claim" they made up the idea.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Christian
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syxx Pac wrote:

now if they combined beatmania and DDr............... WAIT THEY DID THAT TOO!!!!

they did?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
MeltyKiss
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian o_O wrote:
Syxx Pac wrote:

they did?

In DDR 2nd Mix (Substream) [Japanese Arcade] and Beatmania IIDX Substream [Japanese Arcade] and DDR Club Mix (Vol. 1 and Vol. 2) on the Japanese PSX and Japanese Dreamcast.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Christian
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome, now I have to get an import PS2

..or a modchip
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milty Kiss (?) wrote:
Christian o_O wrote:
Syxx Pac wrote:

they did?

In DDR 2nd Mix (Substream) [Japanese Arcade] and Beatmania IIDX Substream [Japanese Arcade] and DDR Club Mix (Vol. 1 and Vol. 2) on the Japanese PSX and Japanese Dreamcast.

Wait, hang on... Are you saying these home versions support linking, too, or just that they're stocked with Beatmania songs?

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
SamplingMasters PongAtari
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whawha? You can link DDR and IIDX in the home versions? Details please E1.gif.

1994 180sx Type X
Boroboro jikozo!
View users profile Send private message
CStarFlare
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

12. PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can; IIDX Substream was never released for PS2.
View users profile Send private message Send email
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention that the PS1 and PS2 don't really share any compatible link cabling, unless you linked them through memory card slots with a custom cable (yes, it could be done with your own low-level I/O routines, in theory,) but that would just be insane. I'm still intrigued, though.

Hey, here's an idea. Someone connect the PSX serial link port to any kind of terminal or serial debugger, and see if any data pops out when you're running Club Mix.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: