Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Share your Pad, or "Get Your Own"?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psykoweezel
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Share your Pad, or "Get Your Own"? Reply with quote

This isnt a pad discussion, so don't lock this please Rem E4.gif .

So I had 2 redoctane dance pads, and being a college student let all of my friends play on ps2 and use my ddr max game. Of course within 2 months both of the pads break and I go around asking people for cash to buy 2 more, they call me a jackass. E19.gif

So now I have my own raised button foam soft bad from Buynsell.com. When people come around and ask to play ddr, I tell them to get their own pad. Of course, I'm still labeled as a jackass. disgust.gif

So, do you guys share your ddr pads with friends and family or do you guard it like your firstborn child? I used to be a nice guy, but even when I'm nice, I'm a jackass, heh. E13.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'd have them write down their names on a piece of paper that says that they've been using your dance pads, that way when they get broken again, you can show them that they are partially responsible. disgust.gif If they weren't willing to help buy new ones though, they're the buttheads. E7.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
The Nematoad
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey....if they were that inconsiderate to use your pads and then call you a jackass for not sharing, then the hell with them.............at least you offered them an opportunity for everyone to get their pads by having everyone chip-in for new ones........

you have every right to deny them use of your pads, and it gives you more of a right since the last ones wore out due to their playing.....

generosity can only go so far......at that point, they are taking your kindness as a weakness.....
AndyFreak457
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest getting together a group of friends and you all chip in and get 2 new pads and only you guys can use them. That's what me and my friends did
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
tac-tics
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think of it like this.....

When you go to the arcade, you pay maybe $1 for a singles game...

For a versus game, two people means $2.....

But what? Doubles is for only one player, but it *ALSO* costs a dollar.....

So it would seem, when one plays DDR, they don't pay to see the arrows, they pay to rent the pad!

So, if your "friends" want to play DDR on your pad, charge them a dollar. Tell them the money is going towards buying your next pad once they break it. [/u][/b]

Last edited by tac-tics on Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Mouse
Staff Member
Staff Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hah, if they played on my pads and they broke that quickly and then wouldn't help me buy new ones, guess what, they're not playing on my pads. so I say just let it be. they're your pads, your game, you don't have to let them play on them.

or charge them to play. pay or no play
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, asides from RedOctanes being overpriced compared to BNS Ultra-DX pads... I defintely let people play on my pads WAY to much. I've done tournaments and demos with them but I don't think I'd let too many people play on them without some kind of insurance plan or such. I borrowed one of my friends pads and kinda killed it. It was a flat BNS, so now I'm going to get her a BNS Ultra-DX (same thing as the RO but cheaper, and not made by RO, the tournament shafters) for letting me borrow them while I had no pads for months. That's the way it should be. "Hey, I played on your pad a lot, here's $5-10 for you to get new ones".

Dance Masters: JPMax Single-Light. USMax Single-Light, Single-Standard. JPMax2 Single-Light.

Onis: USMax Lesson Oni. JPMax2 MoreLight, BeForU,
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Trance Of Sorrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's more like if you borrow something, and it breaks your held responsible. If it's a Cobalt Flux I'm not gonna lend it to just anyone. I share my pads only if I'm around and when it comes to letting them borrow it depends.
View users profile Send private message
LoopyChew
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimately, they're your pads. You control them as you wish. It's how you manage that control that's the problem.

The best thing to do is, when they ask if they can use your pads, tell them that the last time you let people borrow the pads, they got worn down like nobody's business and you got stuck with the bill. Tell them that, unless they're willing to spot you some dough when these pads break, you simply can't keep on buying pads when they get worn out.

If you tell people to kiss off in an incredibly blunt manner, they'll continue to label you a jackass. The best thing you could possibly do is explain your situation, so they at least understand where you're coming from.

EDIT: Alternatively, when they ask you, you can cheerfully smile and say "Sure!" ...and then proceed to hand them the RO pads.

Last edited by LoopyChew on Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total
[Team Jiketsu] apd
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just charge 'em a quarter per game. They won't care because it's only a quarter, but by the time the pads break again, you'll have a good amount of money to replace them with.
Devil Warrior
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I bought a RO Ignition 2.0, and I did use it a lot, but not all the time. And when it broke and came around time for me to get another one and I said to people "Hey, want to toss in some cash to help get a new pad?" They all turned me down. But I got them back. When my new CF arrived, guess who couldn't use it? And before I used to be nice and get off and let other people have turns, but now, they didn't help me, so I say screw them. But the people who have their own crappy pads I let them use it.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darkling
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The charging thing works. First of all, it kills the traffic on the pads. "No effing way I'm PAYING to play here, Such and Such lets me play for free!" I know which of my friends are stompers. They don't get much play time. *smirk* My softpads are also only my travel pads and a temporary measure until I can get my Dragon ones built. Weeee!

"Passengers will please refrain from KILLING MY SOUL!"

-The many crazed utterings of Driver Stu
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: