Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Official Introductions Thread! Introduce yourself here!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rampage
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:03 am    Post subject: The Official Introductions Thread! Introduce yourself here! Reply with quote

Please post your introduction here! Introduce yourself to the DDR Freak community!

Whether you're a first-time poster, or a long-time vetran, if you want to let everyone know who you are, post about yourself here!

Introduction posts outside of this thread will be locked and/or deleted.

Last edited by rampage on Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
rampage
Administrator
Administrator

1. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started the thread, so I'll make the first post.

Hi folks, I'm rampage. I've been a member of the DDR Freak community since late 2001. I've been playing DDR since summer of 2001 (and still suck mightily by the way). I usually play at the various Golflands in the SF Bay Area.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Sk1p
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N/N/I RIP frown.gif

I'm Skip. I've been posting here since September 2001 and live in Atlanta. I'm decent at DDR.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

3. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name is Don, from New York. Currently moderator of DDR Simulators and DDR Console games forums. Playing DDR for about a year, more freestyle orientated than tech.

Welcome.
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Im JL. My real name is Justin. I joined a day ago. Ive been looking at the site all the time. I wanted to get to know you guys and I thought you could teach me something E1.gif . I know that you all are way better then me. Im not too bad tho. Im from Illinois. Good luck to you all who are trying to get better. I know I am.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Kel_Ichijouji
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... some of you may already know me, but here we go anyways!

I'm Kel. Real name is Beth. My friends all call me Kel (Kel-sama or Kel-senpai), Ruby, Befugi, and sometmes baka. riiight.gif (Although one in particular : coughdjdustbustercough : likes to call me "Little Remy" since I look specifaclly for posts that can be locked.)

I love DDR, and anime. I was the president of my school's anime club with over 60 members last year. I also love to dance. I've been taking dance classes for about 7-8 years now. I do ballet, pointe, tap, jazz, modern, acrobatics, musical theatre, and I also teach preschool dance classes. Lately, I've really gotten into playing DDR with a group of friends that I met at Celebration Station playing DDR Extreme.

I'm always willing to talk to people, and I've had a couple AIM IM's from users here, and let me tell ya, I was happy! So, IM me if you want to, and even though I may not be at my computer at the time, my AIM away messages always tell what I'm doing, and when I should be back, so just IM me and find out! E7.gif

P.S. Oh yeah, and these E7.gif are mine! E7.gif E7.gif E7.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
CStarFlare
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm CStarFlare.

I've been here since... I dunno, late 2001, maybe. I can AAA 1s and 2s on Light. On 2x Speed Solo. Sometimes.

I'm from North Dakota. biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
CoasterMaster
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm CoasterMaster AKA Ben AKA The Naked Jew. I've been playing for about 16 months (since October 2001). I can beat almost any song in the game (everything except LoM and bag on 1x and PSM on Oni). I can't freestyle and I can be usually found here. I have lots of hair, too. And I'm equally obsessed with roller coasters, hence the name.

-ben
Ultimately any problem can be solved with the application of a large stone to the correct skull. Problems surface when one cannot find a large stone or the correct skull. The devil lies within the details.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
santa4655
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats up people? Im Daniel Conn from Kettering, OH and ive been playing DDR since Febuary of this year. I dont know exactly how good I am but I can do atleast 3/4 of the songs on Heavy (Maniac) and I can almost complete Naoki-Neo Standard on Oni mode. The DDR machine I play is at Magic Castle, it is an Extreme machine and they bumbed up the price to 3 tokens (3 quarters) a game.
View users profile Send private message
Christian
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hihi, my name is Christian obviously riiight.gif
I've been into Bemani for about a year, I'm mostly into IIDX being a much more difficult game. But for DDR, I can AA anything exept for the Max's disturb.gif oh, and I have about 11 Heavy AAA's biggrin.gif
Den
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, my name's Dennis. I've been playing DDR for about 10 months. I live in Columbus and you'll often see me playing at GameWorks, the Columbus Square Bowling Palace or Putt-Putt (but I try to avoid the crowded times).

I'm also probably one of the older players on here at 27. I work as an editor for a group of weekly newspapers.... graduated from Ohio State in 1998.

I'd be interested in knowing if there are any other non-high-school DDR players in Columbus. If there are, I don't often see them around...
Eckostyle
Contributor
Contributor

11. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ya'll. My name is Ron. I hail from the all to peaceful town of West Orange, NJ. I have a year of DDR under my belt, and recently cleared every Pre-DDRMAX cata. Im still working the 10 foot songs(only have Bag down), and basically passing anything faster than Drop Out. I'm turning into a bit of a tech player, and a have a couple of AAA's on all difficulties. I like food, football, gaming, writing, and drawing(to an extent). I even have my own army(see sig. mods, hold your fire).

Thats that. E13.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Leaving crumbs much too small for the other Whos' mouses
12. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I'm Justin. I've been playing since April 20th. I can do most 9s and some 10s.

I like pie.

Oh yeah, anyone from King Richard's PM me happy.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
skie
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

13. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: hallo Reply with quote

Hey all... I'm Rob from Folsom, CA which is a suburb of Sacramento. If you ever meet me in real life you should call me Rob and not skie because I feel silly when people call me by my online name. heh.

First played bemani in October of 2000 in Las Vegas at a Rocky Horror Picture Show convention. I was drawn to the game because I was a fan of the Bust-A-Groove series (as I later found out it's really Bust-A-MOVE but that's a whole nother story). I just totally loved the idea of playing a music based game with something other than your typical controller or joystick and buttons. And it seemed like really good excercise and something I'd actually be willing to do on a regular basis. When I came back home from the convention, I hoped that I'd find one nearby. My wish was granted that December when I walked into a nearby arcade one day and TA-DA, DDR USA!

It all snowballed from there, I met tons of other local addicts and we formed our own little unofficial "group" (*cough* www.sacbemani.com *cough*). I attend lots of local tournaments when possible, and even roadtripped to San Diego an L.A. for a few. Now that I also co-run a bemani radio station & talk show which is turning one year old this month, you could say this lil' game (along with the rest of the bemani series) has definately turned into a full-time hobby nerd.gif
Administrator
Administrator

14. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the Dancing Vegetable of Doom.

I can currently be found roaming the streets of New England.

I've been terrorizing DDR pads since January 2001.
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So N/N/I is locked down, huh?

I had a nightmare like that once, only it was Random Chat getting teh lock.

Anyways...

My name is G2, aka gs6, gs68, and a whole crapload of other aliases. I'm from Santa Clara, CA, and am just 10 minutes away from SVGL. I've been on these forums since April 2002.

My main interests include DDR and IIDX. I started playing DDR regularly back in November 2001, after getting a "Boot Disc" for my PlayStation. The games I started out with were DS feat. TKD (die), 1st mix, and 2nd ReMix. It took me about 3-4 weeks to clear PARANOiA on Basic, and 2 months to clear my first 8-footer, Trip Machine (Heavy/Expert/Maniac/whatever). Since I was behind on DDR, in terms of mixes, I was very surprised when I went to SVGL and saw 5th and 6th Mix. Never before had I seen such excellent graphics, smooth framerate, and freeze arrows. But being stranded with only two catas, Dynamite Rave and Afronova on Maniac, which were on US 1st mix, it wasn't until mid-April that I cleared my first cata, Orion.78 (AMEuro Mix) on Maniac, on Konamix. Then, I started clearing away a whole mess of catas, now that I got a modded RedOctane pad (a standard one, not an Ignition pad). Then, I slowly lost interest in DDR until I got US MAX for PS2. Again, I went on a cata-killing rampage, and proceed to full-combo more Heavy songs than ever.

NOTE: The below is mainly abuot my IIDX progress.

Probably the darkest moment as a DDR player arrived when I got IIDX 6th and a IIDX controller for Christmas, and a Japanese PS2 on 6, January 2003. I had been playing IIDX at SVGL occasionally, and refining my skills on BMDX, a IIDX simulator that looked just like the real thing. When I got a chance to play it, my first song on that game was V, on Beginner mode. Over time, I lost the will to play DDR at home anymore. In a matter of a day, my first 4-star was Blueberry Stream, on Light 7. I had gone up to only 3 stars on BMDX. Then came my first 5-star, R10K [L7], then either Y31 [L7] or Sync [L7], I'm not sure. After falling under the fatal assumption that SVGL's IIDX machine was at higher than default difficulty, I raised the difficulty of my copy to 4, which assisted in barring my progress. It was not until April that I realized that SVGL's IIDX really was at default level, and therefore I brought my copy down to difficulty 3. From here, I cleared my first 7-star, Route 80's [7], as well as a whole mess of Anothers and other 7-stars, none flashing. So now history is repeating itself, only with IIDX instead of DDR.

I hope someday that I get back in the mood for playing DDR at home. Perhaps the only way I can get back in the mood is to play songs I grew up on, like PARANOiA, Trip Machine, Get Up 'N Move, and Dub-I-Dub*.

* Pfft. Dub-I-Dub, my ass!

Last edited by gs68 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total
Nerdboy
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. The name's Mikey, although there are some who call me...Nerdboy (anyone catch the Monty Python and the Holy Grail allusion?). I've been playing DDR for about 7 months now, and I've been on here about as long, I almost exclusively post in the South forum, usually the Oklahoma City thread. I suppose I'm fairly good at DDR for that time period, I can pass about 10 catas, and am still working on my first AAA (7 greats on Dynamite Rave light, and 5 on Down Brid SOTA Mix light). If anyone wants to talk to me, fell free to catch me on AIM or MSN, if I'm online I'll always be on those.
NinJiTSu OLOL!O!1!1
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eckostyle wrote:
Hey ya'll. My name is Ron. I Fail from the all to peaceful town of West Orange, NJ. I have a year of DDR under my belt, and recently cleared every Pre-DDRMAX cata. Im still working the 10 foot songs(only have Bag down), and basically passing anything faster than Drop Out. I'm turning into a bit of a tech player, and a have a couple of AAA's on all difficulties. I like food, football, gaming, writing, and drawing(to an extent). I even have my own army(see sig. mods, hold your fire).

Thats that. E13.gif

Basic Member
Basic Member

18. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Har! Pirates Come! Reply with quote

Be afraid, the pirates are coming and they're rampaging through your lockers! RUN!

Okay anyway, I'm just here to introduce myself. My name's Matthew, semi-Pro M:TG player (going for Pro Tour next year), from Québec (Omfg no!) and I just acquired DDR Konamix for PSX a few days back. I kinda suck at it, but I'm only playing for the hell of it. And that's about it.

Toodle! I'll go spam the hell out of the forums now.

</RUN>
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
tac-tics
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I never made an introduction post, so I guess now I will =-)

Hi my name is Tac-Tics (see avatar). I've been using this name for about 5 years now. I originally got the idea from a box of breathmints. They were very tastey.

I've been playing DDR since late April 2003. I started off on the crappy softpads on DDR MAX for PS2. My first time on an arcade machine was at the Anime Central convention earlier in mid May. Ever since then, I've been playing on the PS2 version (I recently broke my friend's softpad) and I try to play at a few times a week at a bowling alley near here.

I can pass most 7 or 8 footers without much hassle. I haven't had much time to work at Catae because the softpads own me =-( I usually play at 2x speed, because I'm terrible at reading arrow clusters.

And for good measures, here is a pic of me playing DDR (from Anime Central, I'm the one in the red shirt).
http://bny.ath.cx/acen/pics/P1010024.jpg

Last edited by tac-tics on Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135  Next
Page 1 of 135

Jump to: