Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Beatmania: Mix or IIDX?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skunkwerx
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Beatmania: Mix or IIDX? Reply with quote

Hey, I'm hooked onto DDR, so I'm gonna try some other games from Bemani. I'm planning to get Beatmania, but I've never played it before. Should I get one of the mixes or a IIDX? If so, which mix/IIDX should I get. Sorry if there are threads like this, but pleae don't flame me, I'm new here.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Ceredigm
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original 5-Key beatmania is fun, but I enjoy IIDX more, so I'd recommend that. I'd get 3rd, 5th, or 6th Style to start, and then 4th once you get better at it. You'll have to get your PS2 modded, or just buy a Japanese one (which is what I did). You'll also have to buy a special controller (you probably already know all this, but I'm just making sure).

If you're looking into other Bemani, try out Pop'n Music as well. I've never played, but I just pre-ordered an ASC from Himeya. I've heard literally nothing bad about the game, so I thought I'd try it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, I'm planning to get 6th style wit the official IIDX controller. Thanks, I might also check out Pop n' Music. Tell me how it works out.
Skunkwerx
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, I'm planning to get 6th style wit the official IIDX controller. Thanks, I might also check out Pop n' Music. Tell me how it works out.
gs68
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Welcome to DDR Freak.

Anyways, don't be surprised, IIDX is one of the more obscure video games in the U.S. I'd recommend getting IIDX 6th Style with an official IIDX controller.

[wants 5th Style as he already has 6th Style]
View users profile Send private message
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only bad thing about Pop'n Music is the amount of your free time it will eat up. If you get the game, look for 6 for PS1, or possibly Best Hits for PS2. I haven't played 7 or 8 for PS2 yet, but they look good.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
St. Nick
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get IIDX DON'T start with 6th. It is much harder on average compared to the earlier 3 styles. 3rd is good for beginners, but if you can't find it, 5th and 6th both have beginner and drill modes which are good for starting out.

If you're tight for cash and want to do a psx import first, 6th + Core remix is a good 5-key game to have.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: