Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Very fun discovery on Stepmania CVS

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuz
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Very fun discovery on Stepmania CVS Reply with quote

Most of you might know this and some may not, but with the new stepmania cvs, there is a mode that makes it 10x funner and more challenging. What is it? Quick mode. Select the song and hold enter, and it should be under the options. It makes an official dwi like a bemaniruler one, and isnt too much bullshit (except: LoM). So if you're like me and play lots of stepmania, this just may renew some interest in difficulty.
Administrator
Administrator

1. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there are plenty of new parts to Stepmania CVS in that section

Wide = Adds jumps
Big = Adds 8th note runs
Quick = turns 8th note runs into 16th note runs
Skippy = creates gallops out of quarters

and there is Boomerang, but you can figure it out for yourself what that does.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh very interesitng, i had only tried the quick and skippy ones. so far the quick has been by far the funnest of those new mods nerd.gif

edit: quick is the only fun one nerd.gif
Administrator
Administrator

3. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAHM wrote:
oh very interesitng, i had only tried the quick and skippy ones. so far the quick has been by far the funnest of those new mods
edit: quick is the only fun one

It's just an opinion. Personally I favor Wide over Quick any day.

Also, if you use the modifier Quick, your score gets ridiculously high (higher than an AAA value), with only getting like a B or so.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
It's just an opinion. Personally I favor Wide over Quick any day.

Also, if you use the modifier Quick, your score gets ridiculously high (higher than an AAA value), with only getting like a B or so.

That's a bug. riiight.gif What's happening is that the code handling the scoring only gets the initlal note count, and calculates the base score per arrow from that. Of course, the actual number of arrows is greater than that, so the score starts to get into the stratosphere quicky.

I'll see if I can find out why and submit a patch if I do. If I don't, I could always just kick someone who would know better to get them to fix it. E15.gif

-Dippy
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

5. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dipstick wrote:
That's a bug. ^^; What's happening is that the code handling the scoring only gets the initlal note count, and calculates the base score per arrow from that. Of course, the actual number of arrows is greater than that, so the score starts to get into the stratosphere quicky.

Yea, I knew what was happening. Wonder why they decided to cover it in all the other modifiers except that one. Possibly because it uses replacement and the other mods use addition (Wide also uses replacement but it doesn't affect the perfect count or score, just the combo)
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:

Personally I favor Wide over Quick any day.

eh, wide is ok. It doesn't really do it for me though.

Phrekwenci wrote:

True that, so save those scores by taking pics or something before you play quick on them. I also found the judge level a little more laxed on quick, when it comes to getting misses/boos, you can still get aa's as long as you score well on marvelouses.. as it should be. E1.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: