Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

I have slain the monster!

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
korona
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: I have slain the monster! Reply with quote

Shameless self-promotion follows. Do not read if you have more important things to do than hearing me pat my own back E13.gif

Yesterday I FINALLY cleared So Deep! Up until that day I NEVER thought I'd be able to beat that MONSTER. Got a C, so not much to cheer for in that department, but at least it was a pretty "solid" C E1.gif I was never close to failing. I WAS close to passing out though ... plus I nearly threw up afterwards. Highest combo was 100.
I didn't try it again since I was to damn tired, but I'll try repeating it again tonight.
Now I feel I'm almost at the level where I can beat "all" the 9s. The only 9 I can think of that I've yet to pass or know that I'll have trouble passing is Cartoon Heroes. The only 10 I've passed is Sakura heavy, and we all know how much of a 10 that is ...
Next stop: MAX 300
cjc312chunky
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it impossible to pass with less than an A since getting back on track after a mistake in that one is nearly impossible. Did you use speed mods? Assuming yes, keep working until you dont have to, so deep 1x is an impressive show, even if it's only a c performance.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Smbu |L©|
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you pass LoM standard yet? Some people dont think that song could be a 9 footer because its a standard song. Only 9 foot standard though, so try not to forget about it.
korona
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I can routinely pass LoM standard. But I don't want to play it anymore since a friend of mine has been overplaying it horribly as of lately ... It's ALWAYS LoM standard when he plays. goog.gif He's getting really good at it though, 9 greats 1 miss is his best.

Sorry I "forgot" E13.gif to say so, but I did play on 2x erm.gif
Although 1x shouldn't be a problem. I can FC it on 1x when I'm keyboarding. The only problem with clearing it on foot has been stamina. I'll try on 1x tonight.
PxDnAkumA
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on So Deep! I got a C on it when I passed it too and that was after being up for about 24 hours and playing DDR for maybe 9 or so. I'm up to a B now though, still a hell of a song.

As far as LoM standard a 9??? I've never understood that. I guess they rated it that because of the speed factor. In my opinion MaxX standard is way harder.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm of the opinion that MAX 300 standard (ARGH! Only standard song I can't FC - runs of death), MaxX Unlimited standard (jumping!), The legend of MAX standard (It's like one long 1/8th note run at 167... plus 1/16ths and jumping) and PARANOiA Survivor MAX standard (The rhythms make no sense!) should all be 9s.

It seems as though a songs get faster their ratings get lower. The least 100sec is an 8 on heavy?!
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
6. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:37 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmmmmm Reply with quote

Hmmmmmm nice job biggrin.gif I felt that way sometimes. Like I wanted to throw up and stuff but that's ok. You did just fine. Max 300 is 10 times more tiring than So Deep so let me warn you hehe...drink some water and have a good breakfast that day! Good luck!
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Deep is a hard song cause it's mostly gallops and double/triple steps I think. I didn't get too far and prolly never will until I can do gallops. Good job on So Deep though! biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message
korona
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried again, this time at the arcade (first success was on redoctane pads at home) and I couldn't quite do it frown.gif
I just got exhausted about 5/6 into the song and couldn't go on ...
I would've tried again with the bar, but one of my clavicles is broken (fractured frown.gif ) and bending my arms back like that would hurt like hell goog.gif
I also got past the freeze on MAX 300 without much problems, the bit after, however, is a completely different story ...
MikeJonesJaxson
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on So Deep!!! I'm still stuck w/ a C as well, mainly cause i can combo the first half of the song w/ ease but the second half is where it just get's to me, and then the end just puts me in danger...so agian good job on it, even though you did'nt pass it the second time, w/ time, it will get easier, and then you'll be like "So Deep Heavy.....pfffftttt"

as for the Legend of Max Standard

In My Opinion

LOM -Standard->>>>>Sakura -Oni-,Dance Dance Revolution -Oni,Heavy-, The Least 100 Seconds -Heavy- (and yes, i beleive that this should be a cata as well) Irrestblement -Heavy-, just to name a few.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, the glory days where So Deep used to kill me, I remember that. just keep at it. I just AA'ed So Deep the other day and it doesn't seem all that long ago that it used to reduce me to a panting, sore waste.

If So Deep nearly made you throw up then you might want to consider doing other songs besides Max300. I can play So Deep without getting tired and Max300 pretty much rapes my stamina everytime I play it.

Consider working on other stamina killers such as Exotic Ethnic and Healing Vision Angelic Mix.

Oh yeah and good job!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
TooNice
Staff Member
Staff Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjc312chunky wrote:
I thought it impossible to pass with less than an A since getting back on track after a mistake in that one is nearly impossible. Did you use speed mods? Assuming yes, keep working until you dont have to, so deep 1x is an impressive show, even if it's only a c performance.

Well, I got a C as well when I did it on 1x. I just flailed from start to end riiight.gif
cjc312chunky
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Ah yes, the glory days where So Deep used to kill me[/quote] Yeah, i actually have a theory about that. The first time i played it and a few other stamina drainers like csfil(sm) i actually puked. I think it has more to do with nerves. The whole time you're thinking "is this gonna be my first pass of xxx" and you're nervous as hell. Right now i'm actually in worse shape than i used to be but because i know so deep so well, i know what's coming, i'm calmer and i dont worry about it as much if i miss a step.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
HoobyJooby
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's time to slay the dragon!
.. erm.gif

So Deep fun E10.gif
korona
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day at the arcade yesterday ...
So Deep, no bar used, got a good solid B riiight.gif
Still on 2x though ... But I'm no longer "afraid" of it, so i'll start playing it on 1x E1.gif
I also almost AA'ed MAX 300. Only broke my combo on that damned final run.
TL
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think so deep is the most difficult 9 footer to PA, or pass for most new tryers. i can now AA it consistently, but i only full combo'd that AA once. most of them i get 1-3 non-combo steps.

hears my advice for getting better on that song.

the gallops are EXACTLY with the beat of the song. the reason why most people have trouble is because they cant be consistent exactly on beat. try to maneuver your legs with the beat. using the bar will help you move your feet to the beat easier as well.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Smbu |L©|
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Deep on 1x speed isn't too bad if you are familiar with the song. The first time I AA'ed So Deep on 2x. Well the next day I tried on it 1x speed to see how well I would do and I AA'ed on 1x speed too. If you are at least somewhat familiar with the song its not too bad. Just the other day I tried So Deep on ex stage(1.5x reverse) and because I am familiar with the song I AA'ed on ex stage too.

korona wrote:
Good day at the arcade yesterday ...
So Deep, no bar used, got a good solid B riiight.gif
Still on 2x though ... But I'm no longer "afraid" of it, so i'll start playing it on 1x E1.gif
I also almost AA'ed MAX 300. Only broke my combo on that damned final run.

You can almost AA Max300, but you can barely get a B on So Deep? That's weird. I could easily get an A on So Deep for a long long time before I AA'ed Max300. I didn't AA So Deep until a little after that.

TLs paradise wrote:
i think so deep is the most difficult 9 footer to PA, or pass for most new tryers. i can now AA it consistently, but i only full combo'd that AA once. most of them i get 1-3 non-combo steps.

hears my advice for getting better on that song.

the gallops are EXACTLY with the beat of the song. the reason why most people have trouble is because they cant be consistent exactly on beat. try to maneuver your legs with the beat. using the bar will help you move your feet to the beat easier as well.

There are much harder songs to PA than So Deep. I can FC/AA that like everytime now, but on songs like Burning Heat(only song on Max2 besides Maxx Unlimited I haven't AA'ed) and Xenon, I can't even AA them yet.
Mr. Papaya...
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

LOM standard is way too easy to be a cata. It hardly has any 1/8ths, as opposed to 300 which has 3 big runs, and the jumps at the end are nothing compared to Unlimited's. Even if 300 and Maxx were catas, LOm would still deserve to be an 8 IMO.
korona
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I meant to say MAX 300 STANDARD! Sorry 'bout that ... laugh.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: