Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Quick cobaltflux question

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RagePenguin
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:32 am    Post subject: Quick cobaltflux question Reply with quote

I'm 260 lbs, would play ddr about every other day for an hour or so.

Would I regret buying a cobaltflux pad and anyone else have problems with it?

I use a 20 dollar soft pad unmodified and I think I broke a floorboard with my vigerous dancing. (did hvam,max300,orion on standard) and starting to try 8 foot heavy songs. so I think a cobaltflux would help with weight distribution plus last a really long time. money is not the problem so is this a right solution?

I also think it would help my stamina, I could play ddr extreme for upwards of 3 or so hours but can only play a few songs at home before I get sweaty and tired.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
shadowdance
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself do not have a cobalt flux pad but from what I hear they can support up to 600 pounds! I'd say go for it in your situation especially if money is not a problem. I'm sure you won't regret it :shades: .
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Devil Warrior
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no actual mechanical parts within the CobaltFlux pad itself, so you should be fine. The only issue you may experience, which even I, at ~200lbs have experience, would be that you need to bend the sheet metal for each button up ever few months, else it'll get bent and possibly stick down, but other than that you should be fine.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EvilDave219
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard they ran an SUV over one and it didn't scratch it. Unless you are 2000lbs heavier than what you say you are, then you have little to worry about. I own one (even though I only weigh 105), and I have had no problems with it. Trust me, you have made the right choice.
Mikeweiser
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they ran a SUV over it, but the SUV didn't stay to pass Max 300 on heavy.

This is possibly a question to pose to the designers, and see what they say. If you do, pass the info onto us.
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: