Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

tweak the timing on SM

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt the notso bald asian
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: tweak the timing on SM Reply with quote

I recently downloaded stepmania to see what it was like. I think the interface is better then DWI, but i have a problem with timing. I keep getting greats and ok's, rather then perfects. Infact i played the same oni on both dwi and stepmania, and i failed stepmania while passing the dwi.

So my question is, is there some way to tweak the timing on SM, to be a little more forgiving

btw I used files from ddruk, if that means anything

Phrekwenci Edit:Making this a better title than "Stepmania".
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
J-Money
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRuk files are really good i AAA a load of songs from them on heavy so thats not the problem and yes i use stepmania so that cant be it either
lol laugh.gif i guess its ur skill man j/k
well if u wanna make it ezier then just turn down the judge rating but ull never get better that way E13.gif
hahahahah
represetning : AIM(always in masturbation)24/7
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
matt the notso bald asian
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i didnt think it was the files from ddruk, since i used them on dwi, and did fine
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Bemanixgamer
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you must know that SM depends more on synchronization with the beat at the same time. DWI goes either earlier, or later than the beat, which makes it easier for you to AAA songs. I could AA songs in SM, of course you still have alot to learn about it. It's just like in the arcades, you need to play with the beat, and synchronizing the pattern. It's how it goes, just like SM.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: