Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DWI installation

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDRslave
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: DWI installation Reply with quote

This is probably going to sound stupid to most of you but can someone please tell me how to be able to play DWI. I really want to.
Bemanixgamer
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. unzip the DWI program
2. get songs and step files from DDRUK
3. unzip the bumper packs and songs to the Songs folder of DWI

I DO NOT RECOMMEND DWI IF YOU PLAY MORE IN THE ARCADE, IF YOU PLAY THE ARCADEY STYLE, GET STEPMANIA, PLUS IT'S EASIER TO INSTALL, AND ALSO SELF EXPLANATORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StepMania a.k.a. SM is very easy, and has alot of readme files, plus has a nicer interface similar to the arcade. The CVS version is the lightspeed one that loads songs very fast. DWI is now nothing to me, and it looks like a piece of garbage if you compare it with SM.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pop'n Usagi!
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot the obligatory "SM>DWI" laugh.gif

Seriously though, SM does rock... But some people find DWI easier to PA on.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Technick
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also use DWI if your comp. can not handle SM, but if you have a comp. like mine: http://www.alienware.com/system_pages/area-51m.aspx then you don't have to worry about it.
Administrator
Administrator

4. PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_USAGI! wrote:
You forgot the obligatory "SM>DWI"

Leave that alone, to each their own.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bemanixgamer wrote:
DWI is now nothing to me, and it looks like a piece of garbage if you compare it with SM.

That's your opinion. I have tried both DWI and SM, and I much prefer DWI.

Anyway, to the person who started this thread: You can learn more about how to play DWI in the Read Me and FAQ .txt files that come with the program. I believe these are also available on the DWI website. Download the latest DWI version (2.49) at http://dwi.claws-and-paws.com and read up on how it all works. It helps if you've played DDR before and understand the terminology. A working knowledge of .ZIP files, NotePad, etc. is also useful.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mikeh
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, make sure that you have installed DirectX 8...*Is it 8 or 8.1?* and the all the files are extracted. Missing one is a problem already.

Just a comment, I find DWI better because it is simple and does not take up so much space.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

7. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me make this clear.

This is not a DWI vs SM thread

...stay on topic please.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having some trouble with DWI. It says that DWI2 is linked to missing export Kernel32.Dll:IsProccesorFeaturePresent. Does anyone know what the means? I found Kernel32.Dll but it doesn't seem to work when I link them. Unless I am linking them wrong.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: