Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

To anyone with the Ignition or Metal Pad...

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XiaoNeoX
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: To anyone with the Ignition or Metal Pad... Reply with quote

I just wanna know how good they are. How close is gameplay on either one of these mats compared to the machine ones? E19.gif

My life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dann with two n's
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go here for the ignition pad: http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=49672

and here for metal pad: http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=56040
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
diabloslayer469
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: To anyone with the Ignition or Metal Pad... Reply with quote

XiaoNeoX wrote:
I just wanna know how good they are. How close is gameplay on either one of these mats compared to the machine ones? E19.gif

I've never played on an actual DDR Machine, but I can say that the BNS DX-Xtreme Dance Pad is very sensitive and durable. My pad is unmodded and I have yet to experience a ghost step or sticky arrows. It also feels like a hard pad, because of the insert which is good. You should buy this pad.

Last edited by diabloslayer469 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
ShadowRisae
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignitions are a big improvement over normal soft pads. They don't move nearly as much and are more sensitive. The only downside is that they're still soft pads, just with a piece of styrofoam in the middle. They still move (not as much, but still) and they still can break just as easily. The only "metal" one I've tried is Cobalt Flux because I got sick of replacing soft pads and ignition soft pads. The Cobalt Flux platforms are very costly but definitely worth the price if you're seriously into DDR.
View users profile Send private message
nekura
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a RedOctane IgnitionPad 2.0 at home and I also play in the arcade. The transition between the two is smooth, the only exception to that rule being the difference between dancing in socks (home) and shoes (arcade).
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: