Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Help with Stepmania & my pad

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Achilles
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Help with Stepmania & my pad Reply with quote

OK, I have an 800 mhz laptop (with XP) I'm using to play Stepmania. I use an EMS adapter with my home-built metal pad.

Here's my problem:

The buttons register, but waaaay too late. Since the EMS adapter is supposedly supported by Stepmania, what's my problem?

Help!!
ocfernan
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Solving Stepmania responding slow for someone Reply with quote

How does SM respond when you play on keyboard? If there's no delay for that, it could be your pads or something with the connection to them. Another test, I guess, could be to try it in DWI if you have that installed and see if it's also delayed in that.

Only other thing I can think of is your CPU resources. Are you having other processor-heavy applications running while playing SM, esp. network-oriented programs like a file-sharing program or an instant messenger? If so, close them to increase your free resources.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Devil Warrior
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With SM and a Pad, you must MAKE SURE that you have NOTHING running in the background that you can't shut down. If you have Windows Task Manager open, close it. If you have some sort of Display Settings thing open, close that. If you have SETI@Home, DEFINITELY close that. Check and if you can close something, obviously you don't need it to play SM.

I'm using the EMS adapter, and it works fine as long as I don't leave programs like that open.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
robbway
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try it with a Playstation controller, too. You'll know it's not your dance pad if it does the same thing with the controller. I tried the soft pad last night and I have to hit the steps slightly early, mostly because of the switches themselves.

Who wears a purple belt with green pants?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Achilles
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it in DWI and it did the same thing, and it DID NOT delay with the keyboard.

I'll try shutting everything else off, I guess..

Thanks.
-joe-
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can, try another soft pad with the controller. It may be the dance pad itself thats quote, unquote "lagging" the buttons. (i made a homepad also, there prone to problems, but when there working ok, there awesome)

Also, make sure you dont have alot of other programs in the background running. Like, when i download stuff, then go into stepmania, it lags and is REALLY choppy.

Try those
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: