Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Cut feet...
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Munkeyd00d
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Cut feet... Reply with quote

I've had my metal pad for a good 3 montsh and its done me alot of good (learning to pivot, gallop, etc.). Ive had this problem for awile now. Because I usually dont play in shoes, the bad cuts my feet/toes. I counted 5 cuts, one readching 1 and a quarter inch long. I dont wear shoe because the setup is in my room and my shoes are always downstairs. I'm to lazy to go and get them. Any one else have the same problem? If so how'd you solve it? I dont like playing in my shoes at home either, not sure why I just dont. Thanks alot

Patrick
diabloslayer469
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Cut feet... Reply with quote

Munkeyd00d wrote:
I've had my metal pad for a good 3 montsh and its done me alot of good (learning to pivot, gallop, etc.). Ive had this problem for awile now. Because I usually dont play in shoes, the bad cuts my feet/toes. I counted 5 cuts, one readching 1 and a quarter inch long. I dont wear shoe because the setup is in my room and my shoes are always downstairs. I'm to lazy to go and get them. Any one else have the same problem? If so how'd you solve it? I dont like playing in my shoes at home either, not sure why I just dont. Thanks alot

Patrick

Do you play with socks? If you don't, you should. I have never cut myself while i played with only socks on on my RedOctane Metal Dance Pad.

Last edited by diabloslayer469 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
Munkeyd00d
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed socks were a bit slippery, but ill try.
nick.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Cut feet... Reply with quote

Munkeyd00d wrote:

Patrick

Well that's your own damn problem now isnt it

Maybe you should just learn to play in shoes. You do at the arcade, whats the difference.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Polyhedroi
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Similar Issue Reply with quote

Actually, I was just about to post a similar topic, but I'll put it here. I have a cobalt flux and I play in socks. I don't get cut feet, but after about an hour, the bottom of my feet get sore (blisters forming) and so I stop. I tried playing in shoes, but my scores go way down because I'm not used to the extra weight.

I've heard that there are special socks you can get that have extra padding on the bottom of your feet - which sounds like it will help. One of my friends suggested getting lightweight slippers.

Any metal pad dancers out there who have any suggestions on what works??
dooo ooo ug
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoes give me blisters, but I play with shoes on anyways.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
HoobyJooby
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've heard that there are special socks you can get that have extra padding on the bottom of your feet - which sounds like it will help. One of my friends suggested getting lightweight slippers

Trampoline socks would prolly work good.. they got a lil rubber on the bottom, padding + grip E1.gif
Larrikin
Contributor
Contributor

7. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: Similar Issue Reply with quote

Polyhedroi wrote:
Actually, I was just about to post a similar topic, but I'll put it here. I have a cobalt flux and I play in socks. I don't get cut feet, but after about an hour, the bottom of my feet get sore (blisters forming) and so I stop. I tried playing in shoes, but my scores go way down because I'm not used to the extra weight.

I've heard that there are special socks you can get that have extra padding on the bottom of your feet - which sounds like it will help. One of my friends suggested getting lightweight slippers.

Any metal pad dancers out there who have any suggestions on what works??

Well you should learn to play with shoes on. Think about it if you learn to play with the extra weight whenever you play without shoes youll do even better.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, if you play with the extra weight (wow... a whopping two pounds!), then you should be able to move just a bit faster without your shoes. Also... why would you play on a metal pad at home without your shoes when the machine's pads are similar and I'm preeeety sure they don't let you play without your shoes on the machine ^^
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
GFBeach
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's the extra 'weight' of shoes that might throw people off, but more like the extra 'height'. Everyone is just a liiiiiiiiiittle bit taller when they're wearing shoes. For someone who's comfortable with playing in socks, that extra half-inch or so of extra height can throw them off. I know it throws me off whenever I play in the arcade. I've got a semi-decent PA at home when I play on my Ignitions, but my PA accuracy at the arcade is significantly lower. riiight.gif

For that reason, I'd suggest learning to play in shoes. That way, when you go play at the arcade, you'll still be in your comfort zone.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
ShadowRisae
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puff Pastry wrote:
Exactly, if you play with the extra weight (wow... a whopping two pounds!), then you should be able to move just a bit faster without your shoes. Also... why would you play on a metal pad at home without your shoes when the machine's pads are similar and I'm preeeety sure they don't let you play without your shoes on the machine ^^

It depends on your shoes actually. All my boyfriend wears is hiking boots so that's all he owns. His hiking boots weigh a lot more than 2 pounds. Heck, my Vans skateboarding shoes probably weigh a little more than 2 pounds. And yeah, you can play without shoes at the arcade. Every arcade I've been to with DDR I've seen the occasional person do it (either because of boots, sandals, high heels, etc). Maybe some won't let you if they're picky but I doubt it.

I have some CFs and I play them in socks. I don't get blisters but maybe it's just how I play. I know if some of my friends play on my CFs with only socks they'll get blisters.
-joe-
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same problem. I have a metal pad and i never wear shoes (i have heelys, as some of you may know, those shoes are heavy as hell)

I would like to get a pair of old school chuck taylor converses'. Those shoes weigh like 3 pounds each.

I just use socks though. Today i ddred for about 4 hours and blisters were starting to form, aahh

I once used my snowboarding socks on my pad. Bad idea, it was real comfy, but i ripped the bottom of them, not cool at all

Where can i get trampoline socks?
Polyhedroi
Basic Member
Basic Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try the trampoline socks - they're about $20. I'll let you guys know how they work. I just did a search for them on google.
jeffrey
Basic Member
Basic Member

13. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using socks for a while. At first I got blisters, but then calluses formed. And for some reason, my feet hurt a lot less with socks. I guess the slide absorbs a little weight.
jotapeh
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wear 2 pairs of socks, then put duct tape around them, my g/f did...hehe seemed to work for her.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
DDRer7
Basic Member
Basic Member

15. PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wear beach shoes or put a sock over them and wear them, i use that it helps a lot
locust
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, when i play(i dont have a metal home pad) i always wear converse all stars because thats all i wear normally, they are extremely light, not cumbersome, and are pretty thin on the bottom, plus they have pretty good grip. another idea i had are those aqua shoes that are very thin and have like elastic on top and they slip on (i dont know if these are the same as beach shoes because i dont know what they are). another thing was wool socks, they might get hot but so do alot of shoes, i dont know how slippery they will be but you can get em with grip stuff on the bottom, plus they are thick. so theres my 2 cents folks. biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
CourtJester
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always love these "I don't wear shoes on a metal pad and I hurt my feet" threads...

*sigh*

Wear shoes, you won't cut your feet, end of story.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Mouse
Staff Member
Staff Member

18. PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to play barefoot all the time. and it didn't start bothering me until I got to harder songs. I ended up learning to play with shoes and I play much better now.

learn to play with shoes. it's for a good reason. it'll protect your feet, and most likely, it'll improve your gameplay.
Basic Member
Basic Member

19. PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't like wearing shoes and socks are too slippery, buy some of those socks with little rubber "feet" on them. I dunno how to explain it, but I have some socks that I think are of Snoopy or something, and on the bottom of the feet there are lots of little foot-shaped rubber spots. They are just as light as socks (almost no weight at all) and stop the slipping.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: