Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Couldn't get mail server response codes
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooNice
Staff Member
Staff Member

20. PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

generalhospital wrote:
One more thing, even though when I post this topic where it saids "Arcade Machine cost", I made 2 post on that topic, and the number of replies saids 4 instead of 6. Why? because I post 2 replies on the topic, and it inaccurate?

Click on:http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/search.php?search_id=egosearch

That appears to be a side effect of the bug.
And if I am not mistaken, the post hasn't been bumped either.
View users profile Send private message
Romantic Boy
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
21. PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmmm Reply with quote

Hmmmmmm well suck me sideways...I got trying to PM someone. AHHHHHHH disgust.gif how annoying!!!
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remy wrote:
My best guess as to the problem, after some browsing on phpbb.com, is that it happens when someone has "Mail me when this thread is replied to" checked, and the mail server takes a bit too long.

I don't have that checked, and I'm pretty sure I got the "mail respose codes" error a couple of times. I do have email notification upon PM's received though.

I've also been running into the general error as well. I thought my message was lost so I clicked back and then submit again, and made my very first double post ever a few days ago.

Why are some of the double/triple/quad post times sometimes 10 or more minutes apart? Can a double message be posted by the system without any error message or sign that anything has gone wrong?
View users profile Send private message
Junior Asparagus
Administrator
Administrator

23. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it, I've gotten it on PMs before too. Every time I get the error, my post shows up, though. But my count and the "Last Post" aren't updated. If you get it on a PM and are unsure if it sent or not, just check your Outbox. If it's in there, then it sent.
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Crouching before a river of poison, staring at the blood on my hands, vowing to have revenge...
24. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every post I've made this morning has gotten the mail server response codes error. Also, the threads aren't being bumped up to the top as they should be, and the "Last post by..." listed is incorrect as well. Yet my posts show up....

DAMN YOU PHP!!!! devil.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had this error...yet. I'm actually a bit afraid to post after listening to Jason complain of this so early in the morning. Also, sweetie, Jason, Don't damn the php--it's bad luck.
Hrm, after looking over some things, I've noticed that the bug has been plaguing people with the higher post counts than others. For example, I've got a relatively low post count and the php works just fine. Whereas those with higher post counts encounter this more frequently. Hrm. Just something to be said.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Breeze of TGL
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having the problem since last night. If I remember right, this has happened on a large scale before.

I posted last night, got the error, and tried once again... with a different message. same thing. I checked this morning, and both posts were there.

oddly enough, I'm pretty sure I'll get the error when I press submit this time.

-EDIT-

oh... great... go ahead and post that one why don't you...

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Cyan Garamonde (Nosaj)
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Crouching before a river of poison, staring at the blood on my hands, vowing to have revenge...
27. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxX Unlimited wrote:
Every post I've made this morning has gotten the mail server response codes error. Also, the threads aren't being bumped up to the top as they should be, and the "Last post by..." listed is incorrect as well. Yet my posts show up....

DAMN YOU PHP!!!! devil.gif

This appears to be only in the Southeast Forum for me... South, Random Chat, DDR Simulators, this forum, all are posting okay. Only SE is messing up.... disgust.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to eb moany .. but every other post I'm getting the "couldn't find mail server response codes" message... and its pissing me off I know cos the post takes ages. and then thread doesn't goto the top...and the last poster isn't updated. does anyone know why this is happening?
Staff Member
Staff Member

29. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remy wrote:
My best guess as to the problem, after some browsing on phpbb.com, is that it happens when someone has "Mail me when this thread is replied to" checked, and the mail server takes a bit too long.

I never ever check that and I get the mail server thing all the time. it's always happening to me which is really irritating. I've gotten in 3 times in a row before in the same thread.

MaxX Unlimited wrote:
This appears to be only in the Southeast Forum for me... South, Random Chat, DDR Simulators, this forum, all are posting okay. Only SE is messing up.... disgust.gif

it doesn't just happen in SE for me. it happens mostly in Random Chat and SE for me.
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mighty Mouse wrote:
I never ever check that and I get the mail server thing all the time. it's always happening to me which is really irritating. I've gotten in 3 times in a row before in the same thread.

No no, you misunderstood me.

If ANYONE who has posted in the thread requests notification, it has to send an email to them. Not necessarily the person posting the new thread.

And since it appears our mail daemon is broken (rampage and I are working on it as we speak), it times out every time and thus all the errors.
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you take out the code that sends e-mail notification?

Or at least take the option out of the profile, so nobody gets it? Seems like a pretty good temporary solution to me.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
moodendamoogle
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: o.o; Multiple problems? Reply with quote

Well.. i just gotta say that.. when i first registered.. it said sumthin to the relation of "Couldn't get e-mail response server" or sumthin like that.. and.. i tried to use my same e-mail and name thingy.. and it said it was already taken.. but i never got an e-mail to activate my supposedly normal account.. im confuzzled >.<

"Now I know why you like being on top! What a great view!" --Shuichi
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Remy
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mail server should be fixed now.

Please let me or rampage know if you see this happen again.
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I've noticed it happens more when DDRfreak is at busy times. I come on alot and it happens to me around 2-3 am my time which is 7-8pm your time which I presume is the busy times in USA as everyone has finished work or school etc.
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: In Southern California, where the romance guides me through my heart and soul
35. PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmm Reply with quote

Remy wrote:
The mail server should be fixed now.

Please let me or rampage know if you see this happen again.

THRU PM's I'm guessing and I have NOT gotten it recently biggrin.gif thank god...when I PM someone...I dunno what happens but when I get PM's I get like 10 copies of that PM. I wonder if they get it...and keep on trying to send anyway hoping the screen will say something like

your private message was sent!

but they get the mail response and send it like 10 times hehe its hilarious
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: