Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DWIs for data banks and other obscure steps

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SPUI
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:26 am    Post subject: DWIs for data banks and other obscure steps Reply with quote

I've been working on converting the steps in the Extra Mix data bank into DWIs (by hand using the SM editor and ePSXe).
The ones that are currently online can be found at http://www.bemanisims.com/?loc=browse.php&type=dwi&start=167&l=d&curpage=6 (currently that's all but once I add more there will be some on the next page). The ones that start with PF were apparently on 2nd and 3rd mix machines. KCET also made basic and trick double steps for some of the solo songs.
Other data banks/official edits I will be doing once I finish Extra Mix include 2nd (If it has any), 3rd, and 5th (yes, I know 5th has a lot). I'm currently also working on 3-panel steps (from the Extra Mix data bank).
As for other obscure steps, DDRUK either has or will have couple from 1st mix and 2nd mix. They are also working on all the beginner steps from 8rd (one of them has a machine in his home). I don't think they have beginner from DDR USA.
Does anyone know if the various battle/unison steps are available anywhere? These were available in 3rd home, Konamix, and other mixes that I don't know.
The only songs that aren't widely available are the 3-song nonstops in Solo Bass and the kv2-exclusive Korean songs.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Technick
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, thank you for doing this, I greatly appreciate it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I've always held a soft spot for the data bank edits.. Now i can play them Easily. Thanks.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
sherl0k
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

3. PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG PF BITCH I LOVE YOU! I'VE WANTED THIS EDIT FOREVER!

[quote:ed1f6848c5=\\\"jaeness\\\"]get your change from obama, he apparently has tons of it.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
SPUI
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 panel steps for all but three songs are at http://www.bemanisims.com/?loc=file.php&id=2772. Unfortunately I have no way of getting steps for those three songs (Love This Feelin, Think Ya Better D, Trip Machine Luv Mix).
Next will probably be the nonstop megamixes from Solo (music from DJ Bad, partial step data from ddr.sh).
SPUI
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started on the DDR Solo nonstop megamixes:
http://www.bemanisims.com/?loc=browse.php&type=dwi&start=202&l=d&curpage=7
I know someone made a DWI for the one with Dynamite Rave (the only one with full stepcharts on ddr.sh); have any others been made?
And, of course, if you can give me steps for the missing difficulties/modes, you're a god.
CCC
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Naoki Megamix (Dynamite Rave ~ Celebrate Nite ~ CSFIL) done, but I think one of the BPM change spots is incorrect in my dwi. As for the other 8, I don't think even Stomping Grounds has the step data for them. As for the missing 3-Panel data, are they simply not in the data banks? (Also, Unison I believe is available in USA, 3rd, and possibly Best Hits, while Battle is available in 4th and I think Extra. Couple is only on 2nd Mix Home, if I remember correctly.)
View users profile Send private message
SPUI
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CCC -c³ style- wrote:
I have the Naoki Megamix (Dynamite Rave ~ Celebrate Nite ~ CSFIL) done, but I think one of the BPM change spots is incorrect in my dwi. As for the other 8, I don't think even Stomping Grounds has the step data for them. As for the missing 3-Panel data, are they simply not in the data banks? (Also, Unison I believe is available in USA, 3rd, and possibly Best Hits, while Battle is available in 4th and I think Extra. Couple is only on 2nd Mix Home, if I remember correctly.)

Can you email me the Naoki Megamix (DWI only)? I should be able to fix the BPM changes fairly easily. Thanks in advance.
DDR.sh has 6-panel basic for all the nonstops and 6-panel trick for 3 (including Naoki).
The three songs missing 3 panel from Extra Mix do not appear on a Japanese home version that includes solo steps (they all come from 3rd home). Thus including a 3-panel edit would be useless, except for DWI purposes.
SPUI
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done all I can on the solo megamixes (except the Naoki one):
http://www.bemanisims.com/?loc=browse.php&type=dwi&start=202&l=d&curpage=7
Does anyone know exactly what Multi play on http://www.ddr.sh/steps/solobass/solobass.html is?
CCC
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll send you Naoki Megamix's DWI when I get home tonight. Multiplay looks interesting, though I've NEVER heard of it before...

(The beginning of Paranoia Evolution Trick Multiplay's steps look oddly familiar...)
Cyan Garamonde (Nosaj)
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Crouching before a river of poison, staring at the blood on my hands, vowing to have revenge...
10. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks SPUI! It'd be great if you could get all the edits from 5th Mix, although I imagine that'll take forever as well...

Actually, if I might make a request. There's one on 5th for Dead End, with a max combo of over 700; it's the only Dead End edit that goes that high. It's been affectionately dubbed "Hot Damn" by AL and TN, and it'd be great to have as a DWI. Any chance you could jump ahead and do that one? riiight.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxX Unlimited wrote:
Thanks SPUI! It'd be great if you could get all the edits from 5th Mix, although I imagine that'll take forever as well...

Actually, if I might make a request. There's one on 5th for Dead End, with a max combo of over 700; it's the only Dead End edit that goes that high. It's been affectionately dubbed "Hot Damn" by AL and TN, and it'd be great to have as a DWI. Any chance you could jump ahead and do that one? riiight.gif

When I get to 5th (if I can even get ePSXe to load it), I'll do that one first if I remember.
SPUI
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Extra Mix data bank is done:
http://www.bemanisims.com/?loc=browse.php&type=%&start=0&l=Extra%20Mix%20Data%20Bank
CCC - when someone promises me something, and I don't get it, I start to kill dead babies. Actually, you probably just forgot or couldn't send it for some reason, so whatever.
It seems Shuey (from DDRUK?) has the backgrounds for the nonstops, and maybe full steps in DPR format - he'll be sending them to me soon. Now I just need to figure out DPR format; the Dance Paranoia simulator is no longer online for download.
CCC
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

o.O;;; you didn't get my email? I sent it around 9 last night...

Edit: heh...oops... remind me not to email "miit.edu" again... -_-;;
SPUI
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to CCC and Shuey, I now have expanded versions of the Solo nonstop DWIs:
http://www.bemanisims.com/?loc=browse.php&type=%&l=ddr%20solo
They all include banners, and C also has a background. C and G have complete stepsets.
The foot ratings here disagree with the ones at ddr.sh; modes that are not at ddr.sh are thus shown as 1-footers.
By the way, if anyone has DPR files they need to convert to DWIs, I can help.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: