Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Daikenkai (oni) and paranoia evolution
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nick.
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Daikenkai (oni) and paranoia evolution Reply with quote

(I couldn't find the big thread on what songs seem harder for their ratings...)

I may be alone on this, but I really think that these songs could be 9 footers. They just seem too tiring and too difficult to be 8 footers. What with Daikenkai's double stepping, and lots of jumps, along with a huge bpm increase, I just think that its real hard for an 8. And paranoia, with its 200 bpm, and lots of 8th step runs, also seems too difficult to be an 8.

Just my opinion.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Mysterio
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those songs are hard for 8's IMO. They could pass as 9's.

...but Rhythm and Police is no longer crazy!
View users profile Send private message
Mark
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree with Daikenkai bieng a 9.

I haven't played Paranoia Evolution enough to rate it's foot difficulty though.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
DarkCSE
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about Paranoia Evolution being a 9. It seems to be one of the easier paranoia's in my opinion.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

4. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCSE wrote:
I don't know about Paranoia Evolution being a 9. It seems to be one of the easier paranoia's in my opinion.

Hi, I am Paranoia KCET and I am a 9?
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is KCET a 9? Evolution has more steps and some nasty runs, and Dirty has that very nasty end chain. Those are both much harder IMO.

...but Rhythm and Police is no longer crazy!
the younger makoto
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering that too... Evolution is my new favorite, but I used to play Dirty Mix all the time and thought "This isn't as hard as KCET"...

Daikenkai though I think is a solid 8 feet. just my opinion, but even if it's harder to PA, I've never failed Daikenkai, whereas on a bad day I've flagged KCET riiight.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf? Phrekwenci's a mod now? Heh, knew it was just a matter of time...

Evolution's runs cant compare to the end run of Dirty mix, but overall, evolution is harder.

And Daikenkai's ending run, sheesh, thats where I loose it in the song.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
ConMan
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about Daikenkai being a 9 ... I tend to put it on Shuffle just to screw up the spins (but introduce a bunch of new ones riiight.gif)

On the other hand, Daikenkai Double Oni definitely deserves its rating of 9 in my books ... it could even pass for 10, since I have no problems passing Sakura Heavy, but have a marvellous track record of two failures out of two times trying DKKDO.
Trance Of Sorrow
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daikenkai Oni should definately should be a 9 with a alotta jumps and other junk that's put in as well as Waka Laka. Waka Laka with its step jump step shouldn't be a 8. Paranoia Evo should stay an 8 or 8 1/2.
Smbu |L©|
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think daikenkai oni should probably be a 9. It's kind of a tough song, although once you get used to it, its not too bad. Still harder than some other 9's though.

I never really play paraevo so i'm not sure about that one.

Daikenkai oni doubles is definately a 9(possibly 10). Really tough and tiring song to do. Definately harder than some 10's (e.g. Max300, genom screams, possibly para survivor)
JJ of 2dx
Basic Member
Basic Member

11. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daidenkai oni should be a 9. Paranoia evolution still an 8. And stop with the Waka Laka should be a Cata crap, the discussion has already been done to death.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Phil Hellmuth
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Daikenkai and PE Reply with quote

Seriously, theyre the true level 8 songs. Along with Waka LAka, DXY, and MAXX UNLIMITED (trick), they should stay the way they are. PAranoia Evoultion is just fast, and thats the reason people are bragging its hard. If it was less BPM, then people wouldnt brag. And Daikenkai (oni) is like playing a fast song on shuffle, its oretty much easy but full comboing it can be difficult.
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually find PARANOiA KCET ~Clean Mix~ to be the most awkward and tricky of all the PARANOiAs in the old PARANOiA Brothers oni course. It had a lot of really awkward sliding, funky 1/8th jumps, etc. It gives me a lot more trouble than PARANOiA Evolution and PARANOiA Dirty Mix, because those can be done almost entirely by turning. (Dirty Mix has some Furuhata turns (URDLULDR), and they both have an Afronova or two (LDRLUR), but there are very few real slides in either song.)

Yes, KCET gives me more trouble than rebirth even. PARANOiA rebirth is really tiring comparatively, but I mess up a lot more easily on KCET.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evolution is definitely an 8-footer. Daikenkai...I dunno. I don't necessarily disagree with the arguments that it should be a 9.

Rancid>> That's just really weird. E10.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

15. PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitro wrote:
wtf? Phrekwenci's a mod now? Heh, knew it was just a matter of time...

To the sig. Don't know why I am using your post though. There are about 30 of them.

thumb.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some songs do have messed up foot ratings though, Wild Rush Doubles Oni is a 1 footer, Burning the Floor is a 9 footer, and Paranoia KCET is a 9. All of those songs deserve different ratings.
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smbu |L©| wrote:
Yeah, I think daikenkai oni should probably be a 9. It's kind of a tough song, although once you get used to it, its not too bad. Still harder than some other 9's though.

Daikenkai oni doubles is definately a 9(possibly 10). Really tough and tiring song to do. Definately harder than some 10's (e.g. Max300, genom screams, possibly para survivor)

In no way is Daikenkai oni harder than max300 or paranoia survivor. I can C, sometimes B max3 and then have to give the rest of the songs to a friend so i can rest. Daikenkai oni, i can almost AA.
Tries on Max300 before passing: about 25
Daikenkai oni: first try
Paranoia Survivor: 6 times

Daikenkai oni should be a 9 though, its a stamina killer. Paranoia evolution shouldn't be a 9, just a hard 8.
To rest the debate, Paranoia KCET used to be an 8 on USA mix and on DDR home version(the very first american game). Somehow it grew to a 9 rating...
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:35 am
You have to understand that there is no hope in hell of a new US available arcade version.
Oops.
Groovestats
DDRecall

Last edited by SoDeepPolaris on Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

18. PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technick wrote:
Some songs do have messed up foot ratings though, Wild Rush Doubles Oni is a 1 footer, Burning the Floor is a 9 footer, and Paranoia KCET is a 9. All of those songs deserve different ratings.

Well, those were fixed in Extreme, except the KCET business.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
Technick wrote:

Well, those were fixed in Extreme, except the KCET business.

Alright so those were some of the bugs that were in Max 2, I haven't been able to be around an Extreme very much so I wouldn't really know they were fixed.

Thank you for informing me.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: