Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Flash installation prompts?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ni-ban Neko
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Flash installation prompts? Reply with quote

I'm on a work computer that doesn't have Flash installed, and one of the ad banners (I'm not sure which it is, as I can't see it) keeps prompting my browser (IE 6, on Win2K) to install Flash. Is there something that can be done to stop the prompts *other* than installing Flash? I can't do that on this computer.
devilon
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not for sure on this... but theres two places I know of to check, both in Tools - Internet Options.

One is under Security, set it to a custom level, and see if theres a way to turn off flash there.

The other is under Advanced Options, see if theres a way to disable Flash on a page under that.
3. When I'm proving them wrong in a hilarious belittling fashion.

I've been here longer than most of you.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr. Deus
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tools\Internet Options\Security

It says "Download ActiveX Controls"

Change it from promp to Disable. That oughta fix it.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Ni-ban Neko
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, both of you. That took care of it.

Mods, lock at will. E1.gif
-
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if anyone reads this and uses mozilla on unix and is tired of the flash download popup, you can move libnullplugin.so out of the way (usually in /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/plugins).

(Yes, there is a flash plugin you can use on FreeBSD or Linux, but it crashes, so I'm not willing to use it, since I only ever seem to see flash in ads...)

-Crystal
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: