Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Rename newbie/novice/intermediate to accomplishments forum?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Rename newbie/novice/intermediate to accomplishments forum? Reply with quote

You should either rename newbie/novice/intermediate to the "Accomplishments Forum" or split it into two forums:

Newbie/Novice/Intermediate Forum
DDR Accomplishments Forum

Don't you think it's kind of silly having heavy AAAs in the newbie/novice/intermediate forum? ;-)
View users profile Send private message
Sk1p
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
-
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking me seriously and explaining your opinion! ;-) I guess i'll explain mine by example:

Let's say that Japanese guy (Take? Yasu?) signed up and decided to post a Max300 heavy AAA picture. What's the appropriate forum? Newbie/Novice/Intermediate. Because you know, all he can do is AAA Max300 heavy, that's clearly a newbie/novice thing to do ;-) Or, at best, intermediate. Ridiculous, right?

Really none (or few) of the accomplishments-oriented threads are directed at beginners only. Most of them are just general categories (AAAs here, AAs here, etc.) and really have nothing to do _specifically_ with Newbies, Novices, and Intermediate players. So that's why I suggest it.
View users profile Send private message
Cookies
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does it matter what the name of the forum is? Does the forum description not tell you what the purpose of the forum is?

Newcomer/novice/intermediate is just a name. It's there for people to A) Introduce themselves to the board and B) brag about their accomplishments.

There is really no sense in changing the name because there is no problem with the forum as it is. If you don't like that people are posting about their heavy AAAs, then you will get over it.

I don't see the problem.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

4. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vibrating Groovy Sexfiend wrote:
Newcomer/novice/intermediate is just a name. It's there for people to A) Introduce themselves to the board and B) brag about their accomplishments.

Actually it's not a name, those things are titles. And those titles don't explain the idea of posting accomplishments.

However the explanation is located underneath the forum title.

But then again, the idea of the AAA is usually associated with an advanced player. Possibly adding an extra "Advanced" to the end of the title will solve the problem (i.e. Newcomer/Novice/Intermediate/Advanced).

That should cover it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
(i.e. Newcomer/Novice/Intermediate/Advanced).

Yeah thats what i was thinking...either that or Newcomer/Novice/Intermediate/Accomplishments or Newcomer/Novice/Intermediate and Accomplishments.
Mr. Deus
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Newcomer/Novice/Intermediate/Advanced

That is a terrible idea. Why not just call it Newcomer/Novice/Kindagood/Well, I can pass a few songs/I can pass all the songs except this one..well, it's kinda hard/woo! I passed my first cata!/Pfft,newbies. I can AAA a song!/I can AAA all the songs!/I AAAAd an Oni! Go me/I hate everyone?

...knowhutimean, vern?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

7. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh Trylan [tri4ce] wrote:
Phrekwenci wrote:
(i.e. Newcomer/Novice/Intermediate/Advanced).

Yeah thats what i was thinking...either that or Newcomer/Novice/Intermediate/Accomplishments or Newcomer/Novice/Intermediate and Accomplishments.

Actually underneath the title it says you may post your accomplishments there as well. The title just limits the people who should be posting there.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if 'advanced ' was added to the title it might as well be called "All DDR Players"
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

9. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Ice wrote:
Well, if 'advanced ' was added to the title it might as well be called "All DDR Players"

Good point.

Maybe changing the name to Welcoming & Accomplishments.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: