Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official Drummania/Guitar Freaks Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
david3151
Basic Member
Basic Member

620. PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKW wrote:
Okay, I'll start.

In the arcades where I live, it's one of those "filler" games, a la Pump It Up or Beachhead 2000. I.e. quite a few players, and some who are incredibly good, but not all that hot.

You think PIU is a filler? You, sir, are a major douche. DrumMania, PIU... they arn't fillers, those are the games rhythm gamers crave. I know plenty of people that go to arcades just for PIU and DrumMania. Dedicated fanbase and plenty to freestylers out there. It's big, and only getting bigger. DrumMania is bringing out V4, and anything that has that many mixes (12+) can only mean something more. Anything with a fanbase are not fillers. Sorry... but you are right about Beachhead 2000.
View users profile Send private message
CStarFlare
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

621. PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-that's flaming
-he posted that over 4 years ago
-"where I live" means that where he lives that's how it's treated. The rest of his post was pretty positive about the game.
View users profile Send private message Send email
david3151
Basic Member
Basic Member

622. PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CStarFlare wrote:
-that's flaming
-he posted that over 4 years ago
-"where I live" means that where he lives that's how it's treated. The rest of his post was pretty positive about the game.

Whoops, sorry about that. I didn't read the rules when I should have, but when he said fillers a la. "A la" meaning examples. Used examples like PIU just makes me a little mad, when was explaining what fillers were... A LA PIU?

Excuse my noobiness. Just wanted to defend PIU, even though it was years ago E19.gif
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

623. PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New mod on V4. Dark HALF. It'll only make the background where you play dark, & not the color thing at the top/bottom & the "that's when you hit the note!" line. Here's the examples:

tsugaru7reveng
Basic Member
Basic Member

624. PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otomedius wrote:
New mod on V4. Dark HALF. It'll only make the background where you play dark, & not the color thing at the top/bottom & the "that's when you hit the note!" line. Here's the examples:

Interesting mods. Half seems just right for me, but I still want to see the gauge bar in Dark mode. E2.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

625. PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think this song is THE easiest GF song of all time. Why? It's a 28 ON EXTREME, OPEN PICK! 27 on Normal!!

BTW, site was updated w/ the Grand Prix stuff.
B4ULoveShine
Trick Member
Trick Member

626. PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people keep on getting the impression Kozo did Guilty Gear's BGM's even though he clearly never did?
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

627. PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it's just the style of music.

Still waiting for an awesome new song Mutsuhiko Izumi song....
B4ULoveShine
Trick Member
Trick Member

628. PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otomedius wrote:

Still waiting for an awesome new song Mutsuhiko Izumi song....

Am I the only person in the world who thinks that a brand-new AC GFdm mix is incomplete without a brand-new Mutsuhiko Izumi song, the same way DDR without NAOKI and IIDX without dj. TAKA?
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

629. PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim! wrote:
Otomedius wrote:

Still waiting for an awesome new Mutsuhiko Izumi song....

Am I the only person in the world who thinks that a brand-new AC GFdm mix is incomplete without a brand-new Mutsuhiko Izumi song, the same way DDR without NAOKI and IIDX without dj. TAKA?
Nope. Seriously, Izumi has contributed to EVERY GF/DM. We just don't know it cuz the singer gets the credit. Really. Like you said, this is GF/DM's main artist, like Naoki is to DDR & DJ Taka is to IIDX. Heck, he even did "double thrash" on Happy Sky (along w/ Des-ROW), made his solo debut in Gold (Half Moon. I've been hearing alot of "when are we getting Model HM2?!" jokes for IIDX 15), & even did a song for Keyboardmania 3rd Mix!! (That was Mr. Moon, which is also on GF/DM 5th/4th)

I'm betting sometime next week we'll get the last song online.
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

630. PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grand Prix is up! Some more songs, new one updated every day. Also says which songs are the most popular. Oh, & Revolution from Terra's album is on V4!!
MadVash2005
Trick Member
Trick Member

631. PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or is anyone else having this same vibe: Should Konami decide to bring GitaDora to the US, they'd use V4's interface? I can't be alone thinking that V4's got that Guitar Hero-ish look to it, making it easier to introduce the series stateside.
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

632. PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd expect a name change, cuz I can see people going "V4?! WTF?!". But yeah, w/ all the US music in it, it seems more likely...

Wow, there's preview a new L.E.D vs. Guhroovy song that was put on the site the 25th. It sound meh-ish, but it's just a preview. I'm surprised that we haven't gotten a new long song yet...
TheWertle
Trick Member
Trick Member

633. PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started playing drummania seriously in this past week. Its great, passed a 75.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

634. PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheWertle wrote:
I just started playing drummania seriously in this past week. Its great, passed a 75.

QFT.
infamous360
Trick Member
Trick Member

635. PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am planning on getting a drummania and guitar freaks controller soon... whats a good mix to start on?

if it helps i a pretty good at guitar hero and i have not played a drum game before =(
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

636. PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's V, V2, V3 coming out in October, Masterpiece Silver, & Masterpiece Gold. I'm not gonna go into the old 4th/3rd mix & 3rd/2nd. I only have the Masterpieces, but I'm hoping to get V3 for Xmas & maybe get V somehow.

I started w/ Silver I'd suggest that), but the unlocking part is sorta hell. See, after arcade (2 stages minimum, or you don't get it), you get little shapes to help uncover a 4x4 pic that'll unlock a song, interface (each mix had a different theme/interface), or background. Problem was in Silver, the shapes could go over the panels that you already flipped over, so it's annoying when you have one panel left. THANKFULLY, they fixed that in Gold & made it so the shapes don't go over the already flipped panel, making the unlocking process MUCH easier & shorter.
infamous360
Trick Member
Trick Member

637. PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so gold? silver sounds confusing lol

whats golds songlist?
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

638. PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver's songlist

Gold's songlist

Yeah, Silver's unlock system sounds confusing when ya hear it, but it makes TONS more sense when you actually see it. The guides also have more info on stuff, like unlocks & all that. It also explains the unlock system better.

Now, back to what I came here for. So I'm checkin' V4's site, & on the side, it says that one of the top 5 songs is murmur twins (guitar pop ver.) (which was on Pop'n Music 10, original from IIDX 8th Style. So this SORTA has now been on IIDX, GF/DM, DDR, & Pop'n Music, all 4 of Bemani's games (ONGOING)) & 太陽~T・A・I・Y・O~(ANOTHER SENSE EDITION) (original being on IIDX RED).....But I can't find them ANYWHERE on the songlist....So I'm thinkin' "Oh, it's an E-Amusement song", so I'm checking that, & nothing....

So now I'm thinkin' "Maybe it's a Battle-only song", so I check there....& still nothing. So I check GDA Mania & their songlist says they're secret songs.....That's great, but HOW do I get them....Maybe later, it'll be on the official site.

& still no new song info from Mutsuhiko Izumi....
Ry19.com
Basic Member
Basic Member

639. PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: North American Field Test of DrumManiav4 and GuitarFreaksv4 Reply with quote

I would like to invite everyone back to the Brunswick Zone of Naperville Illinois for the North American debut launch of the DrumMania v4 and GuitarFreaks v4 field test! This test will begin on September 30 2007. Session Mode with be available along with E-Amusement!!

Now it’s time for your input! Your voice is heard; complete this response form to directly submit your ideas to Konami!

http://www.ry19.com/drum.html

Location Information:
1515 w. Aurora Ave
Naperville, Il 60540

Telephone:

Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 12:00 midnight
Friday – Saturday: 9:00 am – 2:00 am

Stay Tuned For More Information!
-ryan 09.22.2007