Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official Drummania/Guitar Freaks Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31, 32, 33  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlphaConqerer wrote:
Well, if Koi no Dial wasn't on 3rd, then its gotta be on GF4th/DM3rd. I'm fairly certain it wasn't a home version only song, but then I don't really know-I have most of the arcade soundtracks...and Koi no Dial is on one of those, I believe. I'll have to look when I get back home.

It's on Drummania 1st Mix for PS2, and Guitar Freaks 2nd Mix for PSX. I'm pretty sure it's a home exlusive, unlike many of the Gitadora "exlusives" that made their way onto the arcade versions after one or two mixes.

cmcm wrote:

I just purchased the home version of GF4/DM3 as well as a Topway Drum Performance controller. I absolutely LOVE that Taiko-sounding song. I beat the long version of it, having only had a short amount of practice on a PF3rd machine. The controller works quite well, aside from the bass pedal. I think I'm gonna mod that onto a piece of wood, maybe break it open and make my own pedal. *shrug*

Is it the song written in Kanji, and done by AUN? I think it's Fuumatenkuu, but I could be wrong. It seems to translate to Pegasus. I tried having the Kanji, but I guess PHPBB is (even more) retarded, and strips non-ascii unicode characters.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
cmcm
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidbrit2 wrote:
Is it the song written in Kanji, and done by AUN? I think it's Fuumatenkuu, but I could be wrong. It seems to translate to Pegasus. I tried having the Kanji, but I guess PHPBB is (even more) retarded, and strips non-ascii unicode characters.

It sure is. I looked around and found it on the soundtrack.

Is it normal to be passing Expert Real songs with an S on autobass having the set for only about a day? I still have yet to fix up my bass pedal so I've been playing autobass a lot. I hope I'm not screwing myself royally.
Baby Bonnie Hood
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get that pedal fixed up soon. It's just BeatMania with drumsticks if your foot's not involved E15.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
Vic Viper
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after first playing Drummania, thanks to cmcm E1.gif, I'd say I'm still not quite good at it. Used to DDR I guess.

Wish I could see GF 9th Mix still, since that has "Party Hard".
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baby Bonnie Hood wrote:
Get that pedal fixed up soon. It's just BeatMania with drumsticks if your foot's not involved E15.gif

they shood get a pedal for the hi-hat then, but some (alot) of the people
who play would be like whining and stuff about its 2 hard....

o well, more chances of me playing riiight.gif

and yes, breakdown iz cute! riiight.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

undisputed2020 wrote:

They already do around here. ;-)

I want Drummania IIDX. High hat pedal for open/closed hits, second bass pedal for doing proper rolls, a floor tom pad (Depend on Me would make sense, then.) And above all else: a cabinet where the damned snare pad can't be mounted at the wrong angle, i.e. completely horizontally. "WHACK! WHACK! WHACK!"

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
shinobier
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does top way drum mania controller come with stand or i have to buy it optional?
View users profile Send private message
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shinobier wrote:
does top way drum mania controller come with stand or i have to buy it optional?

It comes with a custom stand. Mine gets a little loose every now and then, so tighten the legs with an allen wrench if it starts getting a little wobbly.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total
altinure
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there something strange about Stop Spinning Me in Circles with the b.p.m? I know it speeds up, but it seems as if the song is almost off beat, or something. Especially in the part where you're hitting the hi-hat and snare towards the middle. It's really hard to keep beat for some reason. It makes it really hard to SS the song. frown.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Baby Bonnie Hood
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem keeping up with SSMiC's varying BPM, but that's because I've played that song several times already. Just play it some more and try to find out how fast the song goes when it speeds up. Here's a tip: the BPM doesn't change after the song speeds up.
undisputed2020
Trick Member
Trick Member

70. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidbrit2 wrote:
undisputed2020 wrote:

They already do around here. ;-)

dammit, you guys are like in the future while im back here with only a
3rd mix cause our arcade is never upgraded, same thing with beatmania.
the only thing is DDR and im getting a little bored with it...
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

undisputed2020 wrote:
dammit, you guys are like in the future while im back here with only a
3rd mix cause our arcade is never upgraded, same thing with beatmania.
the only thing is DDR and im getting a little bored with it...

No way. I'm nowhere near the future. The nearest arcade has Drummania 1st Mix. If I want to play 3rd, 4th, or 9th, I have to drive 2 hours to the Detroit area. Thank god for my beautiful Gitadora and Topway drum controller. To make a long story short: I wish we had a 3rd Mix at Putter's.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total
CatchyPhraseOwen
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, I have a Konami DM controller and 1st Mix, but I was wondering what to get next... DM 2nd and GF 3rd, or DM 3rd and GF 4th? If you have them, let me know!
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally, I would suggest getting GF4/DM3 first. You'll have a lot more songs available for Drummania and Session. GF3/DM2 has quite a few old classics, though, so don't write it off completely. Here's the links to the official sites for the games, so you can check out music lists.

GF4/DM3: http://jpn00.konami.co.jp/products/gf4_dm3/index.html
GF3/DM2: http://jpn00.konami.co.jp/products/gf3_dm2/index.html
________
Make A Vaporizer

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total
pukahsen_
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My topway DM controller is not working correctly. I opened the box and put it all together and plugged it in. But my drummania games don't seem to recognize the buttons/pads in relation to what they are supposed to do. I can't go through the menus since only start, select and snare(which is start button also) do anything. Once I am playing a song, everything is mixed up. I went into key config and got most of them corrected, but I still can't do anything in the menus. Did I miss something here or is my controller malfunctioned? I know I could just switch out the dual shock controller when I need to, but that doesn't seem right.

Also, I did not get the drum sticks in my box, which are listed as "Special Drum Pole". They are just regular drum sticks right? I bought this on ebay and will email the guy soon.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Hansch
Basic Member
Basic Member

75. PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday was my birthday and finally I got the Konami-Drummania-Controller with"GF3/DM2" and "GF4/DM3" !!!

Now I had two days to play Drummania, but I can't clear any songs witrh more than two stars and even some songs with two stars, like marionette.
Is this normal or what did you do to get better?!?

Thanks!
View users profile Send private message
altinure
Trick Member
Trick Member

76. PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes a while to get good at Drummania. You just have to keep practicing songs over and over until you can eventually get the beat down.

I was wondering, for all the people who've played 5th mix, is My Sweet Darlin' the same version from DDR, or is it just the actual original version of it? I have the original version, and it's hillarious and very Engrishy. Or did they make their own version of it like they did for Party Hard and Motto?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Baby Bonnie Hood
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I think all of the licensed songs in GF/DM have been redone by the Bemani staff for the game. For example, there's a very big voice difference between the original Spring and GF/DM's version of the song...
altinure
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... okay, I figured. It's still a good song, though. I really want to try 5th Mix... it seems like a good mix.
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

79. PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pukahsen_ wrote:
My topway DM controller is not working correctly. I opened the box and put it all together and plugged it in. But my drummania games don't seem to recognize the buttons/pads in relation to what they are supposed to do. I can't go through the menus since only start, select and snare(which is start button also) do anything. Once I am playing a song, everything is mixed up. I went into key config and got most of them corrected, but I still can't do anything in the menus. Did I miss something here or is my controller malfunctioned? I know I could just switch out the dual shock controller when I need to, but that doesn't seem right.

Also, I did not get the drum sticks in my box, which are listed as "Special Drum Pole". They are just regular drum sticks right? I bought this on ebay and will email the guy soon.

Hmm, that definitely shouldn't be happening. The pads on the controller map roughly do these functions:
Hi Hat - Cancel
Snare - Select Left/Up
Hi Tom - Up
Lo Tom - Select Down/Right
Cymbal - Start
Bass - Down

Try starting the Drummania game, and if it's acting up, unplug the controller and reconnect it. And make sure it's plugged in to port 1, and not going through a multitap.

The drum sticks are little plastic ones, which I find very well suited for the controller, since they're a bit shorter, and don't make as much of a "WHACK WHACK" noise as compared to real wood ones.

Oh, and Altinure, I firmly maintain that DM 5th Mix is the best Bemani game ever released.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 4 of 33

Jump to: