Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official Drummania/Guitar Freaks Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

580. PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for telling me its gonna cost me FORTY-SEVEN &@%# DOLLARS JUST TO SHIP THE 2 CONTROLLERS!!!!!! THAT'S TWO HUNDRED RIGHT THERE!!!!!! Is there any place that ain't gonna make me pay half the controller price for shipping?!!?
View users profile Send private message
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

581. PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, well it's become time for me to write out a Christmas list and Drum Mania and a controller one of the things that I'm going to be asking for a Drum Mania game and a controller. The thing is I've only played Drum Mania once at an arcade, but I didn't really care for it because I only played once with on the easiest difficulty, but I want to buy a home-version now. I'd like a mix that is good for learning the basics and not too easy as I don't want to beat all of the songs in a month. Any suggestions?

To my understanding there is no official Drum Mania ASC so I'm assuming that the Konami one is the best controller available? Can I wear shoes to use the kick bass? I don't want to break it on anything.

Where should I get the game and controller? I think Play-Asia is trying to rip me off as the controllers are cheaper on eBay and they are brand new also. Keep in mind I'd like to receive these before Christmas so ordering from Japan is a little "iffy" and I don't know if my mom would even want to order from there unless they had the cheapest prices. Anyway it doesn't have to be in North America but I'd just prefer if it was. *Keep in mind that the site has to ship to Canada*

Also, why are Drum Mania and Guitar Freaks related? They're two totally different games; it's like mixing Pop'n Music with In The Groove. Anyway do all of the Drum Mania games have Guitar Freaks in them or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to start playing a new music game. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: For the Drum Mania and Guitar Freak mix games can you just play Drum Mania without having a Guitar Freak controller or anything? Would it be worth it to buy it just for Drum Mania?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
DARREN HAYEZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

582. PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Commodore wrote:
Okay, I'll try it next time I go. Thanks for the info. E1.gif

I feel stupid. I was hitting the cymbal instead of the hi hat before. Durr.

I am going to try not to get too used to auto bass though.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
steveklein
Basic Member
Basic Member

583. PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Guitar Hero Question Reply with quote

Hey guys... I've been a long time DDR player and usually just play on my PC with Stepmania so I don't have to change disks and I have all the songs.

Now I'm starting to get into Guitar Hero... and before I spend the money on the games, I was curious if there was a similar method to play Guitar Hero on the PC...?
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

584. PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, im thinking of getting into this guitar freaks and/or drummania craze, and i have a few questions.

what mix should i get?

which one is the best for noobs?

where can i find the songlists?

what controllers should i get?

i would like songs i'd know from DDR and any licenced j-rock or j-pop, but i'd like to know where i could find songlists. also, if there is no where to find songlists, can someone be nice enough and at least post like a few songs i might know from it?
Trick Member
Trick Member

585. PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see the songlist for Masterpiece Silver & V on GameFAQs.
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

586. PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question: What are some good songs on GF/DM V2? I'm going to Arizona next month, & there's a place that has GF/DM V2, BMIIDX Red, & Supernova. Also, can I play these songs on there?

Across The Nightmare (this appears on EVERY mix, doesn't it)
Balalaika, Carried With The Wind
Breakdown!
Centaur
Classic Party Triathlon (IT BETTER!)
Classic Party Revival
Concertino in Blue
Daikenkai
Dragon Blade
Funky Sonic World (ALSO BETTER!)
Handsome Jet L-Project
Himawari
Jet Coaster Girl
Jet World (Also appears on every mix?)
Luvly, Merry-Go-Round
Mind Your Step!
Model DD5 (probably Model DD2 through Model DD8)
Orange Jet Stream
P.P.R
Stop This Train
Suzy & The Time Machine

Ok, that's it.
B4ULoveShine
Trick Member
Trick Member

587. PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come that Akai Suzu got demoted into 87 EXT in V3, even though this song is dubbed as "the hardest long song in DM"?
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

588. PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard of "ONE of the hardest" songs.

Also, I heard Rewrite was a song that was on Full Metal Alchamist. Can someone please discribe what the banner & song is like?

Also, check on GF/DM Gold! About 8 new songs announced!
b-aki
Trick Member
Trick Member

589. PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to get to the options menu before reaching the game mode (beginner, standard, nonstop) in drummania 10th mix? thanks.
CStarFlare
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

590. PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoniku 100% wrote:
I heard of "ONE of the hardest" songs.

Also, I heard Rewrite was a song that was on Full Metal Alchamist. Can someone please discribe what the banner & song is like?

It's written in Kana: リライト. It doesn't seem that the game lists an artist.

The V2 site also doesn't have a page for it, so there's not a picture of the banner. Best I can do is

Rewrite's the first song in that course, so it's the first square.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

591. PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, despite the fact that I FINALLY have Wireless internet, my computer still can't read JPN.....But that'll help, thank you.
B4ULoveShine
Trick Member
Trick Member

592. PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Guys, whatever happened to Ai Suzuki? Aya Suzuki (Beautiful Life vocalist) = Ai Suzuki?

2. Who's the vocalist for The Legend? It makes me think of THL. riiight.gif
Discoman
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

593. PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sincerely doubtful on that Aya = Ai. I can't tell you with any certainty though.

So, hello forum. I don't think I've ever come in here, but I have a question of the GF and DM players here. I'm in Japan at the moment on foreign exchange playing Pop'n Fever and blah blah blah until my brains explode. My exchange student buddy wants to pick up GF/DM console. I lost track of the series after Gitadora (played it in America forever ago) and I'm not sure of the quality of the newer releases (and by newer I mean post- 4/3). I'm told Masterpiece Gold will be amazing, and I'm told Masterpiece Silver doesn't quite live up to standards.

However, I'd like a couple of opinions from the crowd in here as to relative quality of mixes. My friend is obviously just starting; I am a low-intermediate player at best (nothing compared to most of the folk here who play ridiculously difficult songs etc etc).

Thanks.
-D
CStarFlare
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

594. PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing on V CS. I loved it. Silver has a good songlist, but people are often annoyed at the unlock system and the fact that it feels kind of halfassed. I havn't heard much about V2 but it has Over There.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Discoman
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

595. PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we picked up V2 and looks to be good; the initial songlist is worthwhile. Hopefully it'll be everything I dreamed of and more...soon to purchase a DM controller I think; my friend is enjoying GF much more than he expected.
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

596. PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What good new songs are on GF/DM V2? I'm finally in AZ & there's an arcade w/ BMIIDX Red, Supernova, & GF/DM V2.
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

597. PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, i think i might be getting guitar freaks masterpiece silver(or gold, not sure) in the next month or so and i have a few questions.

im going to be using my guitar hero 2 controller to use it to play, will i be able to? i know theres something wrong since the left and right buttons are soldered down on the GH controllers, but will that be much of a problem as long as i remap the buttons like it says you can?

i also need to get a fliptop. wheres the best place to get those?
Trick Member
Trick Member

598. PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure this applys to Gold, but you can use a Hero controller on Freaks. Go to Options & set the settings to (note, this is for the middle buttons):

Button: Function:
O Red
Triangle Green
X Blue
D-Pad Up Picking
D-Pad Down Picking
L2 Wailing

NOTE: GH controllers ALWAYS have the Left held down so the game can identify it, which will cause the stuff to scroll (i.e the songlist), so you'll have to unplug & then plug it back in to play.

ALSO: This does NOT work for V. No word on if it works on V2 yet.
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

599. PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. I was scrolling through the list while playin' GF V2 today, & found out that you can play a song from "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!"!! It's "Taisetsu Na Mono", or "Something Precious", from the level when you have to help the guy get elected for mayor!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 30 of 33

Jump to: