Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official Drummania/Guitar Freaks Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drummerguy501
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Official Drummania/Guitar Freaks Thread Reply with quote

TALk about Drummania E1.gif
View users profile Send private message
DKW
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll start.

In the arcades where I live, it's one of those "filler" games, a la Pump It Up or Beachhead 2000. I.e. quite a few players, and some who are incredibly good, but not all that hot.

Tried it a few times in the arcade. Cleared a few stages, but never got all that good. My main problem was finding a comfortable foot position for the pedal...I just could never do it, no matter how hard I tried. I actually walked away with a mild cramp the last time (this is the same reason I don't play Mocap Boxing anymore, BTW). Also, I never know how hard to hit the drums; I've had more than a few hits not register at all. Granted, some of that was due to sensor failure, which this game seems to get more than any other I know of.

Still, I really liked the song selection; the most variety in any Bemani game other than Pop 'n Music, and you know how big a stickler I am for variety. And yeah, there's a definite cool factor to acting like you're really playing drums, much more so than for even Guitar Freaks. It was really easy to get into the rhythm of most of the songs.

The home version...well, it rocks. That's all I can say. I've said as much in the Gitadora thread I started. The only fault I have is that you can only set high scores on level 5, which is pretty harsh. But then, you don't HAVE to set a high score, and level 1 is incredibly easy (what a concept! E4.gif ). With 24 songs spread over 4 levels, you're really free to go at your own pace and find your comfort level. This is a fine purchase, especially with Guitar Freaks added on, even more so for what I paid for it ($45 each).

Factoid: For some reason, the arcade Drummania is more popular with kids than any other Bemani game I know of. ESPECIALLY Pop 'n Music (which most of them won't even touch). Odd.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Hansch
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any songs to unlock in "Guitar Freaks 3rd mix & Drummania 2nd mix" , because I got it yesterday.

Thanks!
Opethian
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you play free select mode then no

Last edited by Opethian on Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total
cmcm
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Percussion Freaks 3rd Mix for my first time 2 days ago. I got good enough to pass Jet World normal, and almost did Across the Nightmare normal.
altinure
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmcm wrote:
I played Percussion Freaks 3rd Mix for my first time 2 days ago. I got good enough to pass Jet World normal, and almost did Across the Nightmare normal.

That's pretty good for two days.

We have Drummania 3rd mix, and I've been playing since last August. I can pass nearly every song now except for Day Dream, Centaur, Waza (although I've only tried it once because it sounded so disgusting), and Cosmic Cowgirl (sometimes). I've also played on 7th mix in California. It's a great game and much better than DDR, in my opinion. I just hope we upgrade soon because 3rd mix is too easy.

My favorite song is probably Jet World (expert), You Elevate Me (expert), and Wanna Be Your Boy (expert).
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
-
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?! Waza is awesome! Also it's a fairly easy song as drummania songs go. I remember it used to be totally overrated as a 93, but in more recent ones it was lowered to 50s, and I'd agree that at least half of the songs on Drummania are harder... probably more.

I hope you get your upgrade.
altinure
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like it. It was too Elevator-music-like.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Lepracon Artist
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I remember DM5th Mix, the rating systems made no sense. Implantation Advanced (Had no Basic) was like a 74 or something. It's way easy, somewhere in the 40s range, probably.

And I agree with Waza being rated too high. Dynamite felt harder than it.

Lame horse!
View users profile Send private message Send email
altinure
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The grading system is messed up on 3rd mix, too. Helpless is a 4, but it's harder than the majority of the songs on there. Jet World is a 10, along with Day Dream, but compared to Day Dream, Jet World is a 1.
trunks12
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, its cool that we finally got a drummania chit-chat thread. anyway, to my question: how hard is it converting from home play to arcade play? I've been playing with the home drum kit and 1st mix for over a month now, and can pass all songs on normal mode, most on real and a few on expert real (all on autobass of course). Plus, i heard a rumor that soon my arcade might be getting a drummania and a guitar freaks game, something else im interested in. But any help would appreciated in being able to make the transition from home to arcade. thanks in advance.
drummerguy501
Basic Member
Basic Member

11. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man i wish i had a Drummania(Arcade) around where I live. Does anyone know the closest one to San francsico, CA? Also, is there any big differences between the Topway drums and the official Konami ones?
MeltyKiss
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

12. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drummerguy501 wrote:
Man i wish i had a Drummania(Arcade) around where I live. Does anyone know the closest one to San francsico, CA? Also, is there any big differences between the Topway drums and the official Konami ones?

http://www.ddrfreak.com/locations/locations.php?action=advsearch is your friend.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Hansch
Basic Member
Basic Member

13. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
like I told you, I got my Drummania-Konami-Controller with GF3/DM2 some days ago. Do you all play with auto-bass ?!? Everybody here says the Bass-pedal is soooo bad. I don't think it's as bad as you say. Maybe the reason is, that I only play easy songs at the moment, but I think it's lot more fun with the bass-pedal.
CStarFlare
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

14. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people play with Auto Bass at home because the bass pedal is crap.

If you can stand it, good for you. But a lot of people can't, from what I hear, so they get rid of it.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Tiger of PTS
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Topway foot pedal is surprizing good.

You just have to latch it to the floor to keep it from flying everywhere.
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just crious, but do most of your arcades take care of their Drummania? It seems like a fairly high maintenance arcade game. The sensors on our Drummania stop working about twice a month, and we've had our symbol and hi-hat replaced twice. I'm just lucky I go to an arcade that does fix it, and they normally even fix it the day it breaks. I was just wondering because I know there are lots of arcades that don't care about their machines too much.
ver314
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger of PTS wrote:
The Topway foot pedal is surprizing good.

You just have to latch it to the floor to keep it from flying everywhere.

yea..i heard that it was pretty good also. I haven't got to try it for myself. but i'm still looking around for a good home set for myself.
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disgust.gif How long is it suppose to take me to go from the 10s to the 20s level? I played on a Percusion Freaks 7th Mix around 15 times and I still can't handle the low 20s very well.
altinure
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes a really long time to get up to extreme level for most people. I think it took me about three months to do so. You'll realize that this game is a lot harder than DDR because you actually have to learn how to play the drums (well, sorta) if you've never played them before. You just have to learn to build your muscles in your arms so they can keep the beat without getting off.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: