Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Thin lighting for home made pads

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Konrad
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Thin lighting for home made pads Reply with quote

Well I've been looking into making my own metal dance platform. Although I plan to make the platform man portable but not flimsy. I've worked out pretty much all the details except when I came to the idea of lights. Light are part of the fun when wtaching someone play.

Now I don't know if anyone has ever thought of something like this but there are these "flat lights" that are very flexible. I found something like it at www.beingseen.com and I was wondering if anyone has ever done anything like this. I would like to try it but I worry about the possibility for damage.

Anyways I haven't seen any mention of something like this and I was wondering if this is a good or bad idea. After all the only other lighted systems I've seen use light bulbs and require quite a bit of space which doesn't work for an easily transportable pad.
View users profile Send private message
DreamCrafter
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great idea. I've never heard of these "flatelites" before, but you could be the first to use them on the pads.

One problem though, what are you going to use as a power source through the flatlites?

This will be interesting. ^^
Konrad
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Power Reply with quote

Well I'm not going to be buying the flatlights form that website since they charge a hell of a lot and only sell them with a power source. But I've been looking around and I'm sure I'll be able to find a suitable dealer in Toronto. I mean I've seen these lights for sale before.
View users profile Send private message
Devil Warrior
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to find something to make my CF pad light up all pretty and such. And it probably wouldn't be that hard to mod in with flat lights. Make new arrows on projection sheets, and put them on the lights. Then just do some wiring. I'm sure that those lights could be powered by a controller port, maybe. If not, there is always the power plug possibility.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: